Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s what I was like when on Setraline - the sweat just poured off me. There were days in work where it would just start and in a minute I’d soaking hair at the back of my neck & clothes stuck to me. I was so self conscious about it. That, combined with putting on over a stone in less than a year, were deciding factors to come off it.
It is awful, I feel disgusting the whole time. And it’s not like it just slowly creeps up throughout the day and you can keep on top of it, it comes out of nowhere. I’ll be sat in work as normal then I’ll move an arm slightly and it’s like Niagra Falls in my arm pit 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 1
It is awful, I feel disgusting the whole time. And it’s not like it just slowly creeps up throughout the day and you can keep on top of it, it comes out of nowhere. I’ll be sat in work as normal then I’ll move an arm slightly and it’s like Niagra Falls in my arm pit 🤢🤢🤢🤢
I just got so fed up with it and feeling so self conscious about it. There were days I had to try and dry my hair / clothes on hand dryer in the ladies loos the sweat could be that bad🫠

• Sad
Definitely experience a very low feeling yesterday and today. I know logically that it’s due to the increase from 50-100. But sometimes my brain isn’t accepting it, if that makes sense?! Sorry trying to write it out somewhere!

I think I need to go back on it. I can feel the rage building again as I get frustrated with the little things, definitely made worse by getting ghosted recently. Times like this I am missing the numb feeling sertraline gave me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think I need to go back on it. I can feel the rage building again as I get frustrated with the little things, definitely made worse by getting ghosted recently. Times like this I am missing the numb feeling sertraline gave me.
So sorry to hear this. I am also hoping the increase gives me the numbness, not coping well at all. There’s a Dating After Covid thread on here, with an amazing supportive lot, offering very honest and helpful advice x

So sorry to hear this. I am also hoping the increase gives me the numbness, not coping well at all. There’s a Dating After Covid thread on here, with an amazing supportive lot, offering very honest and helpful advice x
Thank you. I’ve been on it and gave up because I don’t date haha. I suit the single by choice thread instead 😂 I am Demisexual so it isn’t easy for me . This man has ghosted me once before but got in touch, explained everything and now it’s happened again. Definitely need the numbness. I think Christmas is an overwhelming time of year too isn’t it. I hope your increase helps.

• Heart
Not sure if this is Sertraline related or not so thought I’d post here to see if anyone else has experienced similar.

But basically I get suuuuper tired and feel unwell, like how you feel when you’re about to come down with the flu, but then as soon as I eat something I’m instantly better and full of energy. Could just be normal blood sugar dropping but how unwell I feel seems a little dramatic for it to just be that.

Reactions: 2
Not sure if this is Sertraline related or not so thought I’d post here to see if anyone else has experienced similar.

But basically I get suuuuper tired and feel unwell, like how you feel when you’re about to come down with the flu, but then as soon as I eat something I’m instantly better and full of energy. Could just be normal blood sugar dropping but how unwell I feel seems a little dramatic for it to just be that.
I could have wrote this myself! I have been poorly for about a week now (caught strep a from my child!) but even getting over the illness and before I feel really achy and sore and sick, sweaty but then I eat and I feel better.. but I have no appetite so I’m struggling to eat! It’s a vicious circle but I’m hoping it will be worth it in the end.

I’ve definitely been more tired - either napping after work or going o bed super early

I feel like I’m constantly napping right now and have zero energy after a day at work! I’m wondering if my vitamin D levels have taken a hit with the darkness and that coupled with the meds are making me a zombie 😬

I feel like I’m constantly napping right now and have zero energy after a day at work! I’m wondering if my vitamin D levels have taken a hit with the darkness and that coupled with the meds are making me a zombie 😬
This this this! The yawning too

• Heart
Lads sounds like we need to take the festive period in our hands and nap the tit out of it x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don't know how long you sweaty folks have been on it but that cleared up for me within a month or so. It was so bad I sent a photo to my mate of the clearly visible hand print where I'd been holding my book - who even knew fingers could sweat?!

I've been it for over two years now, 100mg and it's the best! All throughout pregnancy and with my baby it's been amazing! Definitely recommend.

• Heart
I think I’m going to make an appointment with my GP and see if I may need to start something like Setraline but I don’t know if things are bad enough for me to take it.

I’ve had the lowest year of my life and I struggle to get through most days and I’ve developed anxiety. I countdown until I can get into bed at night and I hate that my daughter can see me looking sad.

I know it’s stemmed from heartbreak but I’m not sure if I just need to suck it up and get over it on my own.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think I’m going to make an appointment with my GP and see if I may need to start something like Setraline but I don’t know if things are bad enough for me to take it.

I’ve had the lowest year of my life and I struggle to get through most days and I’ve developed anxiety. I countdown until I can get into bed at night and I hate that my daughter can see me looking sad.

I know it’s stemmed from heartbreak but I’m not sure if I just need to suck it up and get over it on my own.
No reason you should have to suck it up and suffer alone 🤍 if you had a cough you wouldn’t deny yourself a cough bottle or a warm drink. Don’t let your head suffer alone either xx

• Heart

So sorry what you’re going through. It’s the worse xx

My doc said to me if it was a broken arm you would take something and do all to fix it, shouldn’t be different for your head.

• Heart

I thought I wasn’t ‘unwell enough’ for antidepressants but it’s honestly the best thing I have done for myself. Talk to your dr and see what they say. My dr suggested it, I originally said no and then after a few weeks asked about how antidepressants worked etc when I wasn’t feeling better.
Never be afraid to ask for help x

• Heart