Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m six months down the line on 100mg and I feel like a different person! It’s crazy as I thought my meltdown prior to going on the meds was just an acute anxiety flare up. But now I’m starting to realise that I’ve been wrestling with it quietly for years without realising - I just wrote it off as me being a highly strung person. My mind finally feels clear, I’m saying what I think without worrying about the potential fallout, I’ve finally had the balls to cut the negative people out of my life and I’m physically healthier than I’ve been for years! SO glad I got myself to the doctors and can’t see myself coming off the tablets for a long time now.

Hope everyone else is holding up well! 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh man. Tonight I took it with only a *sip* of water, absentmindedly. Bad idea. You guys weren’t kidding about needing lots of water. Will the burning ever go away? 😖🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Finally took my first tablet 9 hours ago after a week of crying. I don’t think I can do this I feel awful. Can I stop after just one?

Finally took my first tablet 9 hours ago after a week of crying. I don’t think I can do this I feel awful. Can I stop after just one?
I’m sorry to hear you feel so awful. I think you should check in with your GP or prescribing physician to let them know how taking one tablet went for you and ask them for advice tailored to your situation and taking your medical history into account.
Well done for getting through such a horrendous week and for taking all the steps required to organise a prescription in the first place. If sertraline isn’t for you, there are other options for your doctor to consider. Sending you much love 💕.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've been on sertraline 100mg for coming up 6 years now. Honestly don't know how I'd have got through life and the pandemic without them. Was on Propranolol for 6 months but they gave me the worst anxiety so recently came off them. I've been toying with the idea of lowering my dose for a while but scared of living without them now.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi, I’ve been on setraline for a couple of years now and it has definitely helped me with feeling anxious and my low mood. however has anyone else experienced brain fog with it? I lose my train of thought all the time! I could be having a conversation with someone and completely forget what I’m talking about whilst I’m talking!!! And if I need to get something from another room, as soon as I stand up to go get it I’ve forgotten what it was and I have to really think hard to try and remember. It drives me insane but not enough to stop taking it yet. It’s extremely frustrating, has anyone else had this?

What a difference the 100 has made to my head. I feel like I finally have clarity. However, I have noticed that I am really struggling to orgasm. I can feel really turned on but get frustrated that I just don’t feel that pleasure. Sorry I know a lot of info.
Sorry if TMI but I’m the exact same I have a libido I just can’t orgasm, that and tiredness are my only side affects, although for me personally just having sex is enough satisfaction usually, I don’t necessarily have to orgasm so it’s not that big of an issue for me to deal with temporarily. I’m just wondering if it comes back once you stop taking it. I’ve been on it over a year now and it’s still the same started on 50mg currently on 100mg although I had a bad tear after giving birth to my daughter and couldn’t orgasm prior to going on the medication so think it could possibly be something to do with that as well but the medication may be adding to it, but for me the pros outweigh the cons, as mood wise I feel a lot better and it’s made me start to feel like myself again.

I started on sertraline and it was the best thing I ever done, I actually felt like a person again… until I had an allergic reaction to it. It felt like I couldn’t breathe and was only taking tiny breaths, doctors said to just stop taking it immediately. Took 3 months for my breathing to go back to normal and during a pandemic with health anxiety that was awful.
I started on fluoxetine and the ‘getting used to it’ period was horrendous then I started to feel better then same reaction.
now I’m apparently on a list for therapy but it’s been a year and nothing yet

I’ve given up with AD permanently. I’ve tried several and my body violently rejects them. I go on the worse trips you can imagine plus other symptoms, i find them horrendous. I took Hydroxyzine Hydroxhloride for a while though. It’s an antihistamine that’s used to treat anxiety and I found that extremely effective even on low doses. It sedates you slightly and takes the edge of and is also non-habit forming. Might be worth a look? Personally I’m looking at HRT now. Think all my problems have actually been hormonal and no amount of AD, sedative or therapy is going to help me!

Good luck everyone.

I found Sertraline made me feel quite flat and I also had low libido. I’m on Duloxetine now and that works better for me.

Sorry if TMI but I’m the exact same I have a libido I just can’t orgasm, that and tiredness are my only side affects, although for me personally just having sex is enough satisfaction usually, I don’t necessarily have to orgasm so it’s not that big of an issue for me to deal with temporarily. I’m just wondering if it comes back once you stop taking it. I’ve been on it over a year now and it’s still the same started on 50mg currently on 100mg although I had a bad tear after giving birth to my daughter and couldn’t orgasm prior to going on the medication so think it could possibly be something to do with that as well but the medication may be adding to it, but for me the pros outweigh the cons, as mood wise I feel a lot better and it’s made me start to feel like myself again.
Definitely not TMI, don’t worry about that. I might overshare here. I’m single and have been for a while and where once-over I would enjoy self pleasure every day I can’t even remember when I last did. I don’t feel anything at all. I think I potentially need to up it to 150mg but worried as to being completely numb.

I hope you’re receiving good aftercare re the tear? Please please speak out if you’re not. It is so important.

Did anyone have any experience of sweating a lot when on Sertraline? I literally wake up some mornings drenched in sweat, it's horrible! Did it ease after time?

Did anyone have any experience of sweating a lot when on Sertraline? I literally wake up some mornings drenched in sweat, it's horrible! Did it ease after time?
I actually sweat a lot since starting it as well, I’ve been on it a year and still do, constantly sweating

Yeah, I sweated a lot. It was ridiculous! Literally beads of sweat running down my face

I absolutely hate it. I've never been a sweaty person before but feeling beads of sweat on your top lip just isn't what I'm wanting!

I absolutely hate it. I've never been a sweaty person before but feeling beads of sweat on your top lip just isn't what I'm wanting!
That was me yesteday, I literally can’t wear jeans anymore as soon as I put them on I’m sweating buckets I’ve been living in dresses or biker shorts and y shirts dunno what I’m gonna do coming into autumn and winter

Reactions: 1
I’m constantly sweating since I started on the meds, wake up every morning drenched too! It’s so gross but I‘m still willing to put up with it to have a clear head.

Reactions: 4
I’m constantly sweating since I started on the meds, wake up every morning drenched too! It’s so gross but I‘m still willing to put up with it to have a clear head.
Definitely. I didn't realise how bad my head and mood was until it started improving. Small price to pay but I'd rather have a side effect that benefits me. Like a size 8 body 😂

Same here with the sweats! I am constantly sweaty top lip and on the wards I work on the heat is always crazy hot and I can feel the sweat running down my back. I get so conscious about sweat patches. It isn’t nice but clear headband all that. These meds are really not easy at times are they when you think about it. We crave that clarity so much that we’re prepared to be sweaty messes with zero libido

Reactions: 3
Been on sertraline on and off for around 8 years 🤣. I tried many SSRIs before that and it's the best for me. I have anxiety which makes me on edge and snap , sertraline takes the edge off. I feel like I can cope with stress more and it makes more level headed and logical. I tried coming off it but I reverted to anxious and snappy. Sertraline is supposed to better at relieving anxiety than depression.

Also a sweaty mess buy sure maximum protection only thing that clogs my sweat glands up 🤣😩