Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prinfluencer

I sweat like anything when I move, not just my arm pits but my forehead its since having my daughter it's a nightmare walking anywhere

Barra

I suffer from this all over my body including my face. And I don’t mean just little beads of sweat but my face is dripping. I lie now and say I am taking medication and that’s one of the side effects. I have to use a desk fan, even in winter, it’s that bad. I thought about Botox injections for my hands and under the arms but I too heard it increases sweating elsewhere and if it goes more onto my face I would never leave the house again. Do Botox injections in the face stop facial sweating? Or any one else have any tips for it? I could honestly put up with it everywhere else but the face depresses me :(
The anti depressants I’m on give me the same side effect. It’s been years now. I’m waiting on an appt with a psychiatrist to finally try something else. The sweating itself is depressing.
I don’t know your condition but I hope you find a solution too💜

Hazel1593

I sweat like anything when I move, not just my arm pits but my forehead its since having my daughter it's a nightmare walking anywhere
I’m the same. I can’t go for a long walk without getting really sweaty. Since using Driclor my armpits have been fine, but I still sweat badly on my face and back and I’m not sure what I can do about that.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Iv always liked driclor. As someone else mentioned it does sting, esp after you have shaven arms ( so do it when you haven’t) and it’s worked brilliantly. When I was a teenager I used to sweat a lot and was so conscious of it. So I’m a fan of it xx

Beatrix

My kindred spirits!
I've also been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis and tried the medication through the NHS, but it really dried out my eyes so I had to stop. Unfortunately I never followed up so I would need to get a new referral to try botox. I'm considering just paying for it myself.
In the meantime I use sweat pads under my arms in the cooler months where I wear longer sleeves. Not figured out a solution for summer though.
I also get a very sweaty back which is harder to solve! I get more embarrassed over that than underarms, as underarm sweat is seen as more 'normal'.

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
i used it years ago, I found it worked for a few weeks but I couldn’t stand the itching 😭
I’d wake up in the night and have to wash it off lol
Oh sorry I meant the Botox lol. The driclor was always a no go for me because if the itching burning and stinging. Nasty stuff haha

Amber90

My Husband really struggled with this, try Driclor - literally never had an issue again! He doesn't even need to use it as much as he did at the start, he can flit between regular deodorants now.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
There’s a product you can buy (from Boots/Superdrug etc) called Perspirex - it looks like a mini roll on deodorant. You use it every other evening and it’s really good - stops you from sweating completely. Only negative is that it can sting a bit when you use it.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
My sweating issue is my lower half. I always feel Ive wet myself. No matter what I wear my underwear is always drenched (sorry TMI!) its a nightmare and makes me want to stay indoors alot of the time.
Doctors sent me for scans to make sure it wasnt a issue with bladder ect but all came back normal so now told me nothing else they can do 😩

Bgr101

VIP Member
Have u tried driclor? It stings if u use it after shaving but it works. Get it from ur gp. I recommend it. Its a horrible condition i have it too .

I’m the exact same. Tried Driclor but couldn’t ever shave my underarms because it stung too much so I ended up giving up!!! I hate wearing jumpers to work in winter because i feel SO SWEATY and disgusting all day, and then in summer I have a to wear colours that won’t show up any sweat stains🤢
It does sting but it works.

Happyvalley

VIP Member
I have found my sisters. I'm tired of just being drenched, and covered in sweat rash. Going to give some of the roll on's mentioned a go. Anyone got any suggestions for boob sweat? My underboobs get so sore and red from it.

Oh gosh the fear of plastic chairs and leaving an inprint. Even leather chairs. Shudders.
yep, the absolute fear!

CrackRatcher

Chatty Member
I use to sweat really bad under my arms I switched from spray antiperspirant to roll on & it made the world of different, my problems is I sweat so much on my back! Iv got a head full of hair so it starts from my hairs down my back and my work t shirts Light coloured polyester it’s the most embarrassing thing ever I’m literally dreading going back to work in this heat.. any tips for back sweat?

Summer0408

My partner had this issue and was prescribed driclor. This was around 3 years ago and due to the fact you gradually use it less and less - it's lasted.

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Have any of you tried giving up meat? Apparently the process of digesting it makes you sweat badly.

I remember seeing in a vegan recipe book how glad the author was that she and her partner barely sweated any more. She thought her previous sweating level was normal.

I’ve never eaten meat and I’m nearly sweatless except my armpits.