Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

toffeejelly

I have been struggling with excessive sweating under my arms for years now. I have been to the doctor and I got tablets which block the sweat glands, and they do work BUT they make me feel so poorly so it's just not worth taking them. I've also been prescribed deodrant but it doesn't seem to help.

I can't wear certain tops as you just see the sweat patches, it's so embarrassing.

Has anyone else experienced this or got anything that helps?

Reactions: 1

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
I have the same problem - no smell but excessive wetness, even when it’s cold! It’s the bane of my life, I can’t wear certain colours/materials and am always very conscious of my outfit choices because of it.

I had Botox this time last year. I paid £390 for it, had the first lot and it stung a bit but I thought it would be worth it so I didn’t mind. I went back for a top up a few weeks later as it had reduced but not stopped completely, and was gutted when I realised afterwards that it hadn’t really worked.

I spoke to my doctor about it before lockdown and he suggested some of the deodorants that have been mentioned further up which I’ve bought but haven’t used yet as I’ve got sensitive skin and I’m a bit worried about irritation. My doctor was very sympathetic but basically said the only other thing to consider would be surgery to remove the sweat glands which they would only do as a very last resort in very extreme cases.

Interested to read everyone else’s experience because at this point I’m thinking I’ll just have to pick my clothing choices carefully forever!
My personal experience with Botox was that I needed it a few times before I felt the full effects. After my first few sessions my sweating decreased but didn't totally stop. But I can honestly say now it has gone completely. I still sweat a lot elsewhere but even for it to stop under my arms is life changing.
I too got offered the surgery but I was very worried about level of scarring and also worried about a condition I think is called secondary placement sweating (where it stops under your arms but gets a lot worse elsewhere)

Longtimelerker

I was so bad when I was younger at 16 I found a product called odaban and honestly changed my life. When I first used it I put it on fortnightly. It then got less and less and I've not used it for years as I don't need to. Honestly try it

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
Over the past 2 months I’ve been sweating non stop, even at the point now where my husband is pointing it out (not in a malicious way). I’ve always sweated quite a lot, I remember at uni I wore a grey top to a presentation and everyone was staring at me and afterwards I went to the bathroom and I was DRENCHED..but it’s even worse now and seems to be in other places too :( I’m going to try out the driclor as mentioned above because it’s getting to the point where it’s negatively impacting on my life.

DoctorWho

Chatty Member
I tried the Driclor stuff too but my god it stings/itches!!!
i just wear black clothing now.
Botox helps apparently but the thought of needles in my armpits🤢🤢

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Hi guys. I posted earlier in the thread but I keep forgetting to purchase Driclor but I really want to order it now!!

for those who say, don’t use it when you shave .. do you not use it daily then? I typically shave every 2/3 days so I’m abit confused as to how to use it 🤣

Bgr101

VIP Member
I was so bad when I was younger at 16 I found a product called odaban and honestly changed my life. When I first used it I put it on fortnightly. It then got less and less and I've not used it for years as I don't need to. Honestly try it
From your gp? For which area?

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
My personal experience with Botox was that I needed it a few times before I felt the full effects. After my first few sessions my sweating decreased but didn't totally stop. But I can honestly say now it has gone completely. I still sweat a lot elsewhere but even for it to stop under my arms is life changing.
I too got offered the surgery but I was very worried about level of scarring and also worried about a condition I think is called secondary placement sweating (where it stops under your arms but gets a lot worse elsewhere)
Yeah that would be my concern with the surgery too!

How many sessions did you have in the end?

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
I tried the Driclor stuff too but my god it stings/itches!!!
i just wear black clothing now.
Botox helps apparently but the thought of needles in my armpits🤢🤢
It's really not pleasant but is over so quick and it's honestly been life changing for me.

Hazel1593

I’ve suffered with excessive sweating for a few years now. It’s not that bad generally, but I usually walk to work (it takes me around half hour) and when I arrive I’m a sweaty mess! I always have to freshen up in the toilets before I start work. I bought Driclor after reading about it on here. I used it for the first time last night (it didn’t sting at all) and am really hoping it works 🤞

I have suffered from excess sweating since my teens, my husband says it’s my weight (I’m fat) but I was slim in my teens so I don’t know? I can’t even wear big winter coats in cold weather because I walk a lot & just end up a sweaty mess, I sweat underarms, forehead, under my eyes etc.... I put deodorant on about 6 times a day, I sweat that much sometimes it actually makes me feel dizzy & sick, I daren’t go to my doctors because I will just be told to lose weight but it really makes me so miserable, can really sympathise with people on this thread x
Honestly, i was 5 stone heavier, I sweated like nothing else. Got medication - didnt work. It was my weight that was the problem. I literally never sweat anymore. I’m always cold though!! It was hardwork losing the weight, it’s still hard work! But I love going on holidays and meeting in crowds (pre corona obvs) stuff like that made me miserable before losing weight as my makeup would slide off and my hair would be a mess with the neck sweats.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Get botox under your arms! Can vouch that when I had it in my face I did not sweat from my forehead at all for several months (even after insane workouts when I was boiling). Defo works!

There used to be an amazing Mitchum antiperspirant available that honestly felt like your pits being sucked dry. They haven’t sold it for years, all the Mitchum ones are crap now.

Titntat

VIP Member
I’ve heard Botox works. I sweat a lot but it’s more the odour I have issues with, been using Salt of the Earth for the last two years and it’s the best deodorant I have ever used, only issue is it can dry you out and as it’s so hot I’ve got a rash on one arm pit but I’m just moisture going it and it’s clearing up.
I was a sweaty teenager and used this. My arm pits were so so dry after.

I swear on buying different deodorant every time I run out now.

Also for smells I wash my gym and work clothes in white vinegar and dettol laundry detergent with no softer. Works amazing.

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Anyone else suffer with groin sweating?
I do use Mitchum balm there but wondered if anyone else has the same issue

Edit- just realised it’s not groin lol, I was getting confused. I mean the area from Pubic to thigh, that crease