Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
I suffered really badly in my teens. Was so embarrassing as our school shirts were blue. Had to keep my jumper on even in the summer.

In the end I got prescribed driclor (spelling?!) - it worked but oh my, I remember crying because it stung so bad.

I’ve tried every deodorant going, and the only one that’s worked is the yellow Mitchum stick. Not the black. Or the pink. Or the white. Or even the yellow spray.... The yellow stick!! God knows why!

Worth a try?

Reactions: 6

RumNCoke

Chatty Member
Have posted earlier in the thread but just wanted to come back and say - I'm on day 5 of using driclor and am dry as a bone. No wet patches whatsoever, even throughout a walk and trip to the beach and home workouts. Got it for a fiver on amazon - best fiver ever spent!

*to avoid the sting, I didn't shave for 2 days before and only once since in the morning and it stung a tiny bit but not unbearable. Also only swiped up and down once which was enough.

Hope anyone who might try it gets the same results I did 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Kaye1976

I suffer with it bad on my hands and feet.. summer is horrendous for me and I can only wear flip flops but still slide about at my worst times 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Mustard

VIP Member
I personally have never experienced it but my friend has had botox injections and they have worked well for her x
I too had a friend who had Botox injected there. It helped her. Ask for a hospital referral.

Last edited:

Pussy Galore

Day 1 of botox and my armpits feel like they've been punched 100 times🤣 fingers crossed this works as I'm out of options!

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
My driclor came today! Praying it works as well on me as it has for other people - I showered this morning and within minutes of sitting doing my make up (in a cool room) my armpits were wet!

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
As much as it’s a really shit problem to have it’s nice to know it happens to lots of people!

Longtimelerker

I’m the same. I can’t go for a long walk without getting really sweaty. Since using Driclor my armpits have been fine, but I still sweat badly on my face and back and I’m not sure what I can do about that.

Odaban is a spray which you can use on any part of the body. I think for the face you would spray onto cotton wool and wipe across area.

• Heart

theghosttown

VIP Member
I personally have never experienced it but my friend has had botox injections and they have worked well for her x

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
I’m the exact same. Tried Driclor but couldn’t ever shave my underarms because it stung too much so I ended up giving up!!! I hate wearing jumpers to work in winter because i feel SO SWEATY and disgusting all day, and then in summer I have a to wear colours that won’t show up any sweat stains🤢

Reactions: 2

Hazel1593

Just to give an update on the Driclor... I’ve been using it for a few days and haven’t had any underarm sweat! Even during the heatwave my armpits were bone dry. It’s a little itchy but not unbearable, and I’m really pleased with the results.

blossombloss

Chatty Member
I use Anhydrol Forte I've checked and it's the same main ingredient as Driclor but it may be helpful to people who don't get on with that. I've been using it on and off for 5 years now and use underarm. I know people are probably already doing this, but use it at night and wash it off in the morning and don't use it when you've had a shave, wait at least two days because the skin is still sensitive and it will sting as most of you know.
This really helped me and now I barely use it. I was so thankful because my other option was botox! I always thought my sweaty pits were related to my anxiety but then I stopped being anxious for a while and realised I just sweated a lot. I totally relate and empathise with clothes being drenched and being embarrassed.

Pussy Galore

I feel you! I has a consultation with a dermatologist before the virus and had booked in for botox injections. Hopefully it will help and I get them booked in.
I mainly use mens deodorant now as womens is awful in comparison 😭

Glassofmalibu

I posted to this thread a while ago. I came off Effexor and thought this was the issue.
Now realised it was Cerazette Causing it which makes more sense. Off the Effexor and just went back on cerazette and had night sweats and sweating after just one week on it. Have come off it again.
Just incase anyone else is on that pill!
I’m on cerezette with the same issues at night. I get so hot and sweaty I thought I was premenopausal

Bogwoppit

VIP Member
I have suffered from excess sweating since my teens, my husband says it’s my weight (I’m fat) but I was slim in my teens so I don’t know? I can’t even wear big winter coats in cold weather because I walk a lot & just end up a sweaty mess, I sweat underarms, forehead, under my eyes etc.... I put deodorant on about 6 times a day, I sweat that much sometimes it actually makes me feel dizzy & sick, I daren’t go to my doctors because I will just be told to lose weight but it really makes me so miserable, can really sympathise with people on this thread x

Happyvalley

VIP Member
I suffer from hand and feet sweating and underarm sweating. I had the sympathectomy operations back in 2004 to stop hand sweating. They do one side at a time, cutting in through your armpit to cut the sweat glands linked to the hands. First operation was fine and straight forward. Second operation I got pleurisy afterwards as they deflate the lung to get to the nerve. Really scary and horrible experience was in hospital for a week afterwards.

It felt worth it though as the hand sweating went...sadly only for a couple of years. Then returned with a vengeance as well as compensatory sweating in the groin area. So now can’t sit on a chair without leaving a wet patch and can only wear certain clothes and colours. Would never recommend. Thought about Botox but feel like I’ve had the most extreme surgery and that didn’t work so what’s the point.

always wanted to be a paramedic or nurse but the hand sweating has stopped me, wouldn’t be able to touch people. I feel for anyone else who suffers!

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
I have been struggling with excessive sweating under my arms for years now. I have been to the doctor and I got tablets which block the sweat glands, and they do work BUT they make me feel so poorly so it's just not worth taking them. I've also been prescribed deodrant but it doesn't seem to help.

I can't wear certain tops as you just see the sweat patches, it's so embarrassing.

Has anyone else experienced this or got anything that helps?
Omg OP I have this. It's like reading about my life. I found it so frustrating that it completely dictates how I live! I can't wear what I want, certain activities i know that people will see etc. I like you tried all the medication and the deodorants to no avail. I've since had iontophoresis for my hands and feet which although isn't comfortable works so well. I currently also have Botox under my arms. Same situation really, it's really unpleasant but for me has worked brilliantly. Tbh, it's changed my life. I still sweat heavily elsewhere but not sweating under my arms has made a huge difference. DM me if you wanna chat/know anymore. I've had this condition for around 20 years now so well accustomed to it sadly 🙄

Longtimelerker

From your gp? For which area?
I had it off a website which was over 15 years ago so can't remember but boots do it.... https://www.boots.com/odaban-antiperspirant-spray-10111926

I had really bad sweating underarms. My sister was the same and also used it.
Honestly changed my life. I remember the 1st day after putting it on I wore a grey top which I never would of before and I was dry, totally amazing.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I suffer from this all over my body including my face. And I don’t mean just little beads of sweat but my face is dripping. I lie now and say I am taking medication and that’s one of the side effects. I have to use a desk fan, even in winter, it’s that bad. I thought about Botox injections for my hands and under the arms but I too heard it increases sweating elsewhere and if it goes more onto my face I would never leave the house again. Do Botox injections in the face stop facial sweating? Or any one else have any tips for it? I could honestly put up with it everywhere else but the face depresses me :(

Reactions: 1

Flogger

Another drichlor fan here! Itchy but does the job. I went down to using it about once a week.

Reactions: 1