Excessive Sweating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been struggling with excessive sweating under my arms for years now. I have been to the doctor and I got tablets which block the sweat glands, and they do work BUT they make me feel so poorly so it's just not worth taking them. I've also been prescribed deodrant but it doesn't seem to help.

I can't wear certain tops as you just see the sweat patches, it's so embarrassing.

Has anyone else experienced this or got anything that helps?

Reactions: 1
I personally have never experienced it but my friend has had botox injections and they have worked well for her x

Reactions: 3
I suffered really badly in my teens. Was so embarrassing as our school shirts were blue. Had to keep my jumper on even in the summer.

In the end I got prescribed driclor (spelling?!) - it worked but oh my, I remember crying because it stung so bad.

I’ve tried every deodorant going, and the only one that’s worked is the yellow Mitchum stick. Not the black. Or the pink. Or the white. Or even the yellow spray.... The yellow stick!! God knows why!

Worth a try?

Reactions: 6
I personally have never experienced it but my friend has had botox injections and they have worked well for her x
I too had a friend who had Botox injected there. It helped her. Ask for a hospital referral.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I have this issue too. Have tried Driclor deodorant (recommended by a friend) in the past which helped for a couple of weeks, but then stopped working for some reason. It also left really bad, stinging rashes. For the moment I just use men's deodorant.

I’ve heard Botox works. I sweat a lot but it’s more the odour I have issues with, been using Salt of the Earth for the last two years and it’s the best deodorant I have ever used, only issue is it can dry you out and as it’s so hot I’ve got a rash on one arm pit but I’m just moisture going it and it’s clearing up.

I feel you! I has a consultation with a dermatologist before the virus and had booked in for botox injections. Hopefully it will help and I get them booked in.
I mainly use mens deodorant now as womens is awful in comparison 😭

Reactions: 2
I have been struggling with excessive sweating under my arms for years now. I have been to the doctor and I got tablets which block the sweat glands, and they do work BUT they make me feel so poorly so it's just not worth taking them. I've also been prescribed deodrant but it doesn't seem to help.

I can't wear certain tops as you just see the sweat patches, it's so embarrassing.

Has anyone else experienced this or got anything that helps?
Omg OP I have this. It's like reading about my life. I found it so frustrating that it completely dictates how I live! I can't wear what I want, certain activities i know that people will see etc. I like you tried all the medication and the deodorants to no avail. I've since had iontophoresis for my hands and feet which although isn't comfortable works so well. I currently also have Botox under my arms. Same situation really, it's really unpleasant but for me has worked brilliantly. Tbh, it's changed my life. I still sweat heavily elsewhere but not sweating under my arms has made a huge difference. DM me if you wanna chat/know anymore. I've had this condition for around 20 years now so well accustomed to it sadly 🙄

I use to sweat really bad under my arms I switched from spray antiperspirant to roll on & it made the world of different, my problems is I sweat so much on my back! Iv got a head full of hair so it starts from my hairs down my back and my work t shirts Light coloured polyester it’s the most embarrassing thing ever I’m literally dreading going back to work in this heat.. any tips for back sweat?

I’ve heard Botox works. I sweat a lot but it’s more the odour I have issues with, been using Salt of the Earth for the last two years and it’s the best deodorant I have ever used, only issue is it can dry you out and as it’s so hot I’ve got a rash on one arm pit but I’m just moisture going it and it’s clearing up.
I was a sweaty teenager and used this. My arm pits were so so dry after.

I swear on buying different deodorant every time I run out now.

Also for smells I wash my gym and work clothes in white vinegar and dettol laundry detergent with no softer. Works amazing.

My Husband really struggled with this, try Driclor - literally never had an issue again! He doesn't even need to use it as much as he did at the start, he can flit between regular deodorants now.

I tried the Driclor stuff too but my god it stings/itches!!!
i just wear black clothing now.
Botox helps apparently but the thought of needles in my armpits🤢🤢

I tried the Driclor stuff too but my god it stings/itches!!!
i just wear black clothing now.
Botox helps apparently but the thought of needles in my armpits🤢🤢
It's really not pleasant but is over so quick and it's honestly been life changing for me.

It's really not pleasant but is over so quick and it's honestly been life changing for me.
i used it years ago, I found it worked for a few weeks but I couldn’t stand the itching 😭
I’d wake up in the night and have to wash it off lol

i used it years ago, I found it worked for a few weeks but I couldn’t stand the itching 😭
I’d wake up in the night and have to wash it off lol
Oh sorry I meant the Botox lol. The driclor was always a no go for me because if the itching burning and stinging. Nasty stuff haha

There’s a product you can buy (from Boots/Superdrug etc) called Perspirex - it looks like a mini roll on deodorant. You use it every other evening and it’s really good - stops you from sweating completely. Only negative is that it can sting a bit when you use it.

I’m the exact same. Tried Driclor but couldn’t ever shave my underarms because it stung too much so I ended up giving up!!! I hate wearing jumpers to work in winter because i feel SO SWEATY and disgusting all day, and then in summer I have a to wear colours that won’t show up any sweat stains🤢

I have the same problem - no smell but excessive wetness, even when it’s cold! It’s the bane of my life, I can’t wear certain colours/materials and am always very conscious of my outfit choices because of it.

I had Botox this time last year. I paid £390 for it, had the first lot and it stung a bit but I thought it would be worth it so I didn’t mind. I went back for a top up a few weeks later as it had reduced but not stopped completely, and was gutted when I realised afterwards that it hadn’t really worked.

I spoke to my doctor about it before lockdown and he suggested some of the deodorants that have been mentioned further up which I’ve bought but haven’t used yet as I’ve got sensitive skin and I’m a bit worried about irritation. My doctor was very sympathetic but basically said the only other thing to consider would be surgery to remove the sweat glands which they would only do as a very last resort in very extreme cases.

Interested to read everyone else’s experience because at this point I’m thinking I’ll just have to pick my clothing choices carefully forever!

Get botox under your arms! Can vouch that when I had it in my face I did not sweat from my forehead at all for several months (even after insane workouts when I was boiling). Defo works!

There used to be an amazing Mitchum antiperspirant available that honestly felt like your pits being sucked dry. They haven’t sold it for years, all the Mitchum ones are crap now.

I have the same problem - no smell but excessive wetness, even when it’s cold! It’s the bane of my life, I can’t wear certain colours/materials and am always very conscious of my outfit choices because of it.

I had Botox this time last year. I paid £390 for it, had the first lot and it stung a bit but I thought it would be worth it so I didn’t mind. I went back for a top up a few weeks later as it had reduced but not stopped completely, and was gutted when I realised afterwards that it hadn’t really worked.

I spoke to my doctor about it before lockdown and he suggested some of the deodorants that have been mentioned further up which I’ve bought but haven’t used yet as I’ve got sensitive skin and I’m a bit worried about irritation. My doctor was very sympathetic but basically said the only other thing to consider would be surgery to remove the sweat glands which they would only do as a very last resort in very extreme cases.

Interested to read everyone else’s experience because at this point I’m thinking I’ll just have to pick my clothing choices carefully forever!
My personal experience with Botox was that I needed it a few times before I felt the full effects. After my first few sessions my sweating decreased but didn't totally stop. But I can honestly say now it has gone completely. I still sweat a lot elsewhere but even for it to stop under my arms is life changing.
I too got offered the surgery but I was very worried about level of scarring and also worried about a condition I think is called secondary placement sweating (where it stops under your arms but gets a lot worse elsewhere)