Excessive Sweating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another drichlor fan here! Itchy but does the job. I went down to using it about once a week.

Reactions: 1
My personal experience with Botox was that I needed it a few times before I felt the full effects. After my first few sessions my sweating decreased but didn't totally stop. But I can honestly say now it has gone completely. I still sweat a lot elsewhere but even for it to stop under my arms is life changing.
I too got offered the surgery but I was very worried about level of scarring and also worried about a condition I think is called secondary placement sweating (where it stops under your arms but gets a lot worse elsewhere)
Yeah that would be my concern with the surgery too!

How many sessions did you have in the end?

Have u tried driclor? It stings if u use it after shaving but it works. Get it from ur gp. I recommend it. Its a horrible condition i have it too .

I’m the exact same. Tried Driclor but couldn’t ever shave my underarms because it stung too much so I ended up giving up!!! I hate wearing jumpers to work in winter because i feel SO SWEATY and disgusting all day, and then in summer I have a to wear colours that won’t show up any sweat stains🤢
It does sting but it works.

My partner had this issue and was prescribed driclor. This was around 3 years ago and due to the fact you gradually use it less and less - it's lasted.

I suffer from hand and feet sweating and underarm sweating. I had the sympathectomy operations back in 2004 to stop hand sweating. They do one side at a time, cutting in through your armpit to cut the sweat glands linked to the hands. First operation was fine and straight forward. Second operation I got pleurisy afterwards as they deflate the lung to get to the nerve. Really scary and horrible experience was in hospital for a week afterwards.

It felt worth it though as the hand sweating went...sadly only for a couple of years. Then returned with a vengeance as well as compensatory sweating in the groin area. So now can’t sit on a chair without leaving a wet patch and can only wear certain clothes and colours. Would never recommend. Thought about Botox but feel like I’ve had the most extreme surgery and that didn’t work so what’s the point.

always wanted to be a paramedic or nurse but the hand sweating has stopped me, wouldn’t be able to touch people. I feel for anyone else who suffers!

Reactions: 2
I was so bad when I was younger at 16 I found a product called odaban and honestly changed my life. When I first used it I put it on fortnightly. It then got less and less and I've not used it for years as I don't need to. Honestly try it

I was so bad when I was younger at 16 I found a product called odaban and honestly changed my life. When I first used it I put it on fortnightly. It then got less and less and I've not used it for years as I don't need to. Honestly try it
From your gp? For which area?

Iv always liked driclor. As someone else mentioned it does sting, esp after you have shaven arms ( so do it when you haven’t) and it’s worked brilliantly. When I was a teenager I used to sweat a lot and was so conscious of it. So I’m a fan of it xx

I personally have never experienced it but my friend has had botox injections and they have worked well for her x
one of my friends got this years ago (I think on Nhs possibly) and it made a massive difference to her.

I’ve suffered with excessive sweating for a few years now. It’s not that bad generally, but I usually walk to work (it takes me around half hour) and when I arrive I’m a sweaty mess! I always have to freshen up in the toilets before I start work. I bought Driclor after reading about it on here. I used it for the first time last night (it didn’t sting at all) and am really hoping it works 🤞

Over the past 2 months I’ve been sweating non stop, even at the point now where my husband is pointing it out (not in a malicious way). I’ve always sweated quite a lot, I remember at uni I wore a grey top to a presentation and everyone was staring at me and afterwards I went to the bathroom and I was DRENCHED..but it’s even worse now and seems to be in other places too :( I’m going to try out the driclor as mentioned above because it’s getting to the point where it’s negatively impacting on my life.

Just to give an update on the Driclor... I’ve been using it for a few days and haven’t had any underarm sweat! Even during the heatwave my armpits were bone dry. It’s a little itchy but not unbearable, and I’m really pleased with the results.

Reactions: 2
Just to give an update on the Driclor... I’ve been using it for a few days and haven’t had any underarm sweat! Even during the heatwave my armpits were bone dry. It’s a little itchy but not unbearable, and I’m really pleased with the results.
I’m definitely gonna invest in this!

I have found my sisters. I'm tired of just being drenched, and covered in sweat rash. Going to give some of the roll on's mentioned a go. Anyone got any suggestions for boob sweat? My underboobs get so sore and red from it.

So now can’t sit on a chair without leaving a wet patch
Oh gosh the fear of plastic chairs and leaving an inprint. Even leather chairs. Shudders.

I have found my sisters. I'm tired of just being drenched, and covered in sweat rash. Going to give some of the roll on's mentioned a go. Anyone got any suggestions for boob sweat? My underboobs get so sore and red from it.

Oh gosh the fear of plastic chairs and leaving an inprint. Even leather chairs. Shudders.
yep, the absolute fear!

I’ve also been using Driclor again and I forgot how good it is! My only issue is the itching, sleeping with a sheet under my arms definitely helps.