Excessive Sweating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suffer from this all over my body including my face. And I don’t mean just little beads of sweat but my face is dripping. I lie now and say I am taking medication and that’s one of the side effects. I have to use a desk fan, even in winter, it’s that bad. I thought about Botox injections for my hands and under the arms but I too heard it increases sweating elsewhere and if it goes more onto my face I would never leave the house again. Do Botox injections in the face stop facial sweating? Or any one else have any tips for it? I could honestly put up with it everywhere else but the face depresses me :(

Reactions: 1
I've suffered from excessive sweating since primary school. I remember Stuffing toilet roll under my armpits to try stop the patches but never worked. I've just had to avoid certain fabrics, styles of tops, wear black or dark patterned tops mostly but I'm not fed up as even as I sit at home on the dining room table, the sweat literally rolls down my arms and that's just sitting down!
I tried driclor before but couldn't deal with the sting but going to definitely give it another go. Also considering botox but horrified to read that it doesn't always work as it's quite pricey!

My kindred spirits!
I've also been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis and tried the medication through the NHS, but it really dried out my eyes so I had to stop. Unfortunately I never followed up so I would need to get a new referral to try botox. I'm considering just paying for it myself.
In the meantime I use sweat pads under my arms in the cooler months where I wear longer sleeves. Not figured out a solution for summer though.
I also get a very sweaty back which is harder to solve! I get more embarrassed over that than underarms, as underarm sweat is seen as more 'normal'.

As much as it’s a really tit problem to have it’s nice to know it happens to lots of people!

Reactions: 3
Have posted earlier in the thread but just wanted to come back and say - I'm on day 5 of using driclor and am dry as a bone. No wet patches whatsoever, even throughout a walk and trip to the beach and home workouts. Got it for a fiver on amazon - best fiver ever spent!

*to avoid the sting, I didn't shave for 2 days before and only once since in the morning and it stung a tiny bit but not unbearable. Also only swiped up and down once which was enough.

Hope anyone who might try it gets the same results I did 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Another one who can vouch for Driclor, it’s a godsend!

And yeah, just don’t shave before putting it on and you’ll be absolutely fine! Even if/when it does sting a little bit, it’s 100% worth it.

I can’t even remember the last time I needed to put anything on my armpits as they’re constantly dry. I only use Driclor now and again to ‘top up’ and make sure whatever is working doesn’t stop.

I have suffered from excess sweating since my teens, my husband says it’s my weight (I’m fat) but I was slim in my teens so I don’t know? I can’t even wear big winter coats in cold weather because I walk a lot & just end up a sweaty mess, I sweat underarms, forehead, under my eyes etc.... I put deodorant on about 6 times a day, I sweat that much sometimes it actually makes me feel dizzy & sick, I daren’t go to my doctors because I will just be told to lose weight but it really makes me so miserable, can really sympathise with people on this thread x

Reactions: 2
I have suffered from excess sweating since my teens, my husband says it’s my weight (I’m fat) but I was slim in my teens so I don’t know? I can’t even wear big winter coats in cold weather because I walk a lot & just end up a sweaty mess, I sweat underarms, forehead, under my eyes etc.... I put deodorant on about 6 times a day, I sweat that much sometimes it actually makes me feel dizzy & sick, I daren’t go to my doctors because I will just be told to lose weight but it really makes me so miserable, can really sympathise with people on this thread x
It’s very annoying when you’re overweight and EVERYTHING is put down to it.
I’m certain for me that sweating is an anxiety thing - I never had any issues until I was having panic attacks, and now obviously I’m concerned that I’ll get sweat patches, people will think I’m weird etc and it sets off the anxiety, which then sets off the sweating.
driclor is brilliant for me but it doesn’t half itch - although whoever made the point about sleepingwith the duvet under your armpits has helped me no end!

Have any of you tried giving up meat? Apparently the process of digesting it makes you sweat badly.

I remember seeing in a vegan recipe book how glad the author was that she and her partner barely sweated any more. She thought her previous sweating level was normal.

I’ve never eaten meat and I’m nearly sweatless except my armpits.

Driclor worked a treat for me. I used it for about 10 years every night,then went on holidays and firgit to take it. Had to use normal antiperspirant and havent needed it since.

Honestly, i was 5 stone heavier, I sweated like nothing else. Got medication - didnt work. It was my weight that was the problem. I literally never sweat anymore. I’m always cold though!! It was hardwork losing the weight, it’s still hard work! But I love going on holidays and meeting in crowds (pre corona obvs) stuff like that made me miserable before losing weight as my makeup would slide off and my hair would be a mess with the neck sweats.

I suffer from this all over my body including my face. And I don’t mean just little beads of sweat but my face is dripping. I lie now and say I am taking medication and that’s one of the side effects. I have to use a desk fan, even in winter, it’s that bad. I thought about Botox injections for my hands and under the arms but I too heard it increases sweating elsewhere and if it goes more onto my face I would never leave the house again. Do Botox injections in the face stop facial sweating? Or any one else have any tips for it? I could honestly put up with it everywhere else but the face depresses me :(
The anti depressants I’m on give me the same side effect. It’s been years now. I’m waiting on an appt with a psychiatrist to finally try something else. The sweating itself is depressing.
I don’t know your condition but I hope you find a solution too💜

My sweating issue is my lower half. I always feel Ive wet myself. No matter what I wear my underwear is always drenched (sorry TMI!) its a nightmare and makes me want to stay indoors alot of the time.
Doctors sent me for scans to make sure it wasnt a issue with bladder ect but all came back normal so now told me nothing else they can do 😩

Day 1 of botox and my armpits feel like they've been punched 100 times🤣 fingers crossed this works as I'm out of options!

Reactions: 3
I sweat like anything when I move, not just my arm pits but my forehead its since having my daughter it's a nightmare walking anywhere

Sometimes thyroid problems cause excessive sweating. I sweat excessively no idea what causes it.