Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I think she is having a reality check with working full time and the office environment being different to uni. Nobody cares about your grades in the office and it’s a very different skill set to being able to revise and memorise things.

I took her tone as she’s expecting to do this for a while then get promoted and just work her way up like it’s easy as anything to get what she wants. Journalism isn’t like that.
I didn’t get that tone but to be fair, she has got everything she’s said she wanted - high grades, Oxford, a 1st, a job at Sky. She’s a high achiever and I can see her getting to that position eventually

Reactions: 5

daisychainx

Don't know if it's just my bad eyesight but why does she make the text in her instagram stories impossible to read, it's like this in most of them
She’s too used to shadily hiding her #ad gifted call-outs this way so has started doing it with actual captions as well. Trying to spot the #ad on her Australia posts is a joke!

Reactions: 5
Her posts the other day seemed a bit too natural for someone struggling with the distance in a relationship tbh
I think it’s one of those where one day she’ll just announce they’ve decided to go their separate ways but are still really good friends. It’s always seemed a very platonic relationship to me and it was like she had to convince herself that she wanted him to be more than just a friend in the first place. In all honesty they probably moved in together out of necessity and to save money as they were both going to be studying in London.

Reactions: 4

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
Of course she passed the journalism course with “gold” after all her kvetching about how hard it was and how bad she was at the shorthand. So disingenuous.
She did give the impression in her vlogs that she was struggling with it but I think Eve has said before she suffers with imposter syndrome quite badly so I think it was probably that. She's generally very genuine usually so she gets a pass from me on this admittedly questionable behaviour.

Reactions: 3

mindlessness

VIP Member
I have to say as an Australian (who doesn't live there anymore) I love how much of the East Coast of Aus she's been able to see. Makes me homesick! She's done a good job advertising for this adventure travel agent company, it makes me want to take a holiday home :LOL:

Reactions: 2

ECH

VIP Member
I'm just now catching up on this thread! Does anybody know how much she could expect yearly from her already existing monetized videos? I know it's probably going to be less and less each year if she doesn't keep her channel active and even in the first place it's probably not much if she doesn't uplaod, but she'd still be getting paid from youtube just from people watching her video backlog, right?
A Youtuber I follow who only has about 15k subscribers made £80 in January when she didn't upload a single video. Eve with that many more subscribers, a bigger backlog of videos, and averaging more views, will easily make a couple hundred quid a month without uploading.

• Wow

Calabria

VIP Member
I didn’t get that tone but to be fair, she has got everything she’s said she wanted - high grades, Oxford, a 1st, a job at Sky. She’s a high achiever and I can see her getting to that position eventually
Wonder if she’ll start sounding as weird as someone I went to school with now does… she’s a Sky News correspondent and her accent is bizarre! She has a similar educational background to Eve so we may well see Eve on the news one day

seo97

A Youtuber I follow who only has about 15k subscribers made £80 in January when she didn't upload a single video. Eve with that many more subscribers, a bigger backlog of videos, and averaging more views, will easily make a couple hundred quid a month without uploading.
not to mention a lot of her content is stuff that people will search up, people are always gonna want personal statement advice or Oxford interview tips

pinkmug

VIP Member
TalkBeckyTalk was a BBC correspondent and she was told to stop her YouTube channel, but that may be because she's on camera at work. I wonder if Sky will ask the same of Eve. At least she won't drop her job to make shit videos like Becky, I'm fairly sure.

Reactions: 1

xaannaa

30k isnt a lot in london tbf, she could probably earn more than that in sponsorships
I'm just now catching up on this thread! Does anybody know how much she could expect yearly from her already existing monetized videos? I know it's probably going to be less and less each year if she doesn't keep her channel active and even in the first place it's probably not much if she doesn't uplaod, but she'd still be getting paid from youtube just from people watching her video backlog, right?