Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm I guess
Basically I think the EBU need to rethink everything. The whole premise of Eurovision when it was founded was on the basis of no further conflict post WW2. Clearly they need to explore the possibility of a conflict, given Russia/Ukraine/Belarus/Israel. Heck I'm Irish and that particular conflict went unnoticed as well.

Reactions: 6
Ah yes totally normal commentary:

(Tbf this one is sort of funny. So it the Ukrainian one)

And there’s more - it’s a whole thread. Idk how it’s allowed for countries to be pointing out who likes them and who doesn’t as if it’s not meant to influence the public voting

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Basically I think the EBU need to rethink everything. The whole premise of Eurovision when it was founded was on the basis of no further conflict post WW2. Clearly they need to explore the possibility of a conflict, given Russia/Ukraine/Belarus/Israel. Heck I'm Irish and that particular conflict went unnoticed as well.
Definitely agree with you. Changes need to happen. Btw loved irelands entry 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3

And there’s more - it’s a whole thread. Idk how it’s allowed for countries to be pointing out who likes them and who doesn’t as if it’s not meant to influence the public voting
This is way out line! One of the Swedish commentators Edward (the man behind masterpieces like Love Love Peace Peace) can be ironic but in a very funny way.

Reactions: 2

This is fucked up. Look, I now think Ollie is a bit of a tit but this is extremely abusive and fucked up. I don't understand how Israel got away with all they got away with. Rules for thee and not for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I get the likes and don’t like is obv political but that Ukrainian one is absolutely something I can imagine Graham having said and he’s absolutely said stuff along the lines of the Bambie Thug comment about many entrants over the years. There have also been comments from him about us never getting votes from other countries so it’s not that far removed tbh.

If you took his acerbic comments and translated them to whatever European language without the inflection I bet other countries would find him hugely offensive and have very similar complaints.

Reactions: 4
I get the likes and don’t like is obv political but that Ukrainian one is absolutely something I can imagine Graham having said and he’s absolutely said stuff along the lines of the Bambie Thug comment about many entrants over the years. There have also been comments from him about us never getting votes from other countries so it’s not that far removed tbh.

If you took his acerbic comments and translated them to whatever European language without the inflection I bet other countries would find him hugely offensive and have very similar complaints.
I think you’re minimising some of the comments the Israelis made and doing Graham a bit of a disservice there. I don’t believe for a second he’d make a comment like that about Ukraine.

• Heart
I was forced to go to a James Blunt concert once (it was a quid pro quo deal). He was quite honestly the funniest person I've ever seen in concert, it made me a fan even though I wasn't particularly beforehand.
I saw him years and years ago- think his 1st album had only just come out and it was a very small venue. Can't remember much but it wasnt horrendous.
He's quite funny on twitter and doesnt take himself too seriously

I think you’re minimising some of the comments the Israelis made and doing Graham a bit of a disservice there. I don’t believe for a second he’d make a comment like that about Ukraine.
You don’t, I do 🤷‍♀️ He references political voting all the time, why would Ukraine be any different?

You don’t, I do 🤷‍♀️ He references political voting all the time, why would Ukraine be any different?
There’s political voting and then there’s straight up saying that specific contestants hate the people of that country

We all know that the “Europe doesn’t like us” thing is a joke. We don’t actually associate it with them wanting us dead and whatever other extremities you can think of

There’s political voting and then there’s straight up saying that specific contestants hate the people of that country

We all know that the “Europe doesn’t like us” thing is a joke. We don’t actually associate it with them wanting us dead and whatever other extremities you can think of
Er - I was replying to a comment saying that he wouldn’t have made the Ukraine comment in which the Israeli commentators didn’t say they wanted Israel dead or that they hate Israelis. I stand by that I think he would make a comment along the lines of Ukraine needing to send a decent song now the sympathy/political votes are wearing off 🤷‍♀️

And I doubt the Israelis meant it as strongly as it came across tbh - my point was if you took the “Europe hates us” jokes out of wider context and posted them as translated one liners alone, they’d sound a lot worse than they are in reality which I suspect is part of what is happening here. We know Graham is joking and being sarcastic. The Israeli viewers know Kan are being sarcastic.

According to the Norwegian paper VG six countries was about to boycott ESC due to Israels participation and agree with EBU to participate just 25 minutes before the final started. The countries are Norway, Iceland, UK, Ireland, Portugal, Switzerland and Greece. So I can only imagine how it will be next year if Israel will participate, Israel might be the only country showing up.

About the joke about Ukraine, that is something me and my friends could have sad in the privacy of somebodys home but as commentator at telly and for a country that also are at war, hell no!

Reactions: 3
1000097601.jpg

Waiting for him to release album because everything what we heard on Sea Star is 🔥🔥🔥

Angelina Mango was great as well 🔥

• Heart
I was forced to go to a James Blunt concert once (it was a quid pro quo deal). He was quite honestly the funniest person I've ever seen in concert, it made me a fan even though I wasn't particularly beforehand.
I really like James blunt. Hated the song when it came out as too cheesy but I actually like it now as he is such a funny guy. I remember reading something years ago from people who served with him in the army and he was apparently really cool and walked about the base with his guitar and was sound.

I saw Olly Alexander at the bbc radio 1 weekend yesterday and Eurovision definitely didn’t do him justice - he’s great live and has amazing energy

Er - I was replying to a comment saying that he wouldn’t have made the Ukraine comment in which the Israeli commentators didn’t say they wanted Israel dead or that they hate Israelis. I stand by that I think he would make a comment along the lines of Ukraine needing to send a decent song now the sympathy/political votes are wearing off 🤷‍♀️

And I doubt the Israelis meant it as strongly as it came across tbh - my point was if you took the “Europe hates us” jokes out of wider context and posted them as translated one liners alone, they’d sound a lot worse than they are in reality which I suspect is part of what is happening here. We know Graham is joking and being sarcastic. The Israeli viewers know Kan are being sarcastic.
Has it occurred to you even for a second that perhaps people voted for Ukraine because they liked the song? ( Yes, I know that’s a really radical idea)
You’re reaching like crazy because you want it to be true. If they didn’t mean it why say it? Do you honestly think that all these reports about the Israeli delegation’s behaviour have been invented?
If you have to imagine Graham Norton saying something that he didn’t say to help your argument then perhaps your argument isn’t as strong as you think. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Has it occurred to you even for a second that perhaps people voted for Ukraine because they liked the song? ( Yes, I know that’s a really radical idea)
You’re reaching like crazy because you want it to be true. If they didn’t mean it why say it? Do you honestly think that all these reports about the Israeli delegation’s behaviour have been invented?
If you have to imagine Graham Norton saying something that he didn’t say to help your argument then perhaps your argument isn’t as strong as you think. 🤷‍♀️
Oh come on. Nobody can seriously say Ukraine’s public vote numbers in the past few years have been “just because they liked the song”. That’s entirely delusional - as delusional as claiming all of Israel’s this year were just because people liked the song would be.

Reactions: 4
Graham has said some controversial stuff (terry much worse but I couldn’t stand his commentary it wasn’t even funny just purely cynical- but that was also a different time). Basically telling your audience NOT to vote for certain countries because of their political beliefs literally goes against what the competition claims to be about ???!!! To me the EBU cannot allow Israel to do that. To call some of the contestants Hamas supporters before they perform? No way.

Reactions: 10
I want sure about the wing but if you listen to it again and again. She’s got amazing vocals, both of them 🫶
---
I want sure about the wing but if you listen to it again and again. She’s got amazing vocals, both of them 🫶
song * ffs fat fingers. Sorry guys ☺