Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know the rest of the world got the same points as a jury, max 12 but I'm still want to know how many votes and from which countries out of curiosity. I'm nosy. 😅 But I don't think it was some kind of cheating with those votes.
That’s fair enough! Slovenia’s statement makes it sound like they think there was cheating though and the amount of people I’ve seen on X saying Israel only got the 300+ points because of the rest of the world vote is too damn high (and rather proves that it wasn’t just pro-Israel people that jumped on Eurovision while knowing nothing about it to politically vote and make political statements - clearly it happened both ways, the anti-Israel side is just less organised 😂).

That’s fair enough! Slovenia’s statement makes it sound like they think there was cheating though and the amount of people I’ve seen on X saying Israel only got the 300+ points because of the rest of the world vote is too damn high (and rather proves that it wasn’t just pro-Israel people that jumped on Eurovision while knowing nothing about it to politically vote and make political statements - clearly it happened both ways, the anti-Israel side is just less organised 😂).
Interestingly the ROW has given 12 points to Israel both years it’s been included so it’s a bit of a pattern

I don’t think it’s that problematic overall but I know some people had concerns about them voting based on snippets and a whole 24 hours before.

Reactions: 1
Interestingly the ROW has given 12 points to Israel both years it’s been included so it’s a bit of a pattern

I don’t think it’s that problematic overall but I know some people had concerns about them voting based on snippets and a whole 24 hours before.
I think the snippets and 24 hours before is a bit of a misunderstanding of how Europe decides tbh. I know some people watch the whole thing on the day having never heard the songs before and pick that way to vote but I bet most Eurovision fans (who surely are the bulk of voters vs the on the day people) have heard all the songs beforehand and know exactly who they are going to vote for way more than 24 hours in advance and still would vote that way even if the staging was shite on the night. And all the songs are on YouTube etc, the semifinals have already been aired so it’s not like anyone who generally cares enough to vote from ROW will just have heard a snippet, it’s 2024 there are tons of ways to hear the songs.

Reactions: 2
Last year Israel had a much better song according to me, the self proclaimed ESC-expert. 😂 And it wasn't war so I think that just was people liking the song. But last year Swedens public gave Israel zero points, this year twelve for a song that had not done good in our national contests because that kind of ballad never does. So Swedens public giving 12 points to Israels ballad and not to Croatias rock felt strange and also Finlands public gave Israel 12 points. FINLAND!!!! I know two things about Finnish people, they can't get tanned and they don't do ballads.

Reactions: 3
A twisted part of me would have loved to have seen how this turned out 🤣
They’d have gone ahead and hosted and all the same entrants would still have gone and participated and thus supported the Israeli sponsor while making performative half statements - eg it would have been exactly the same as this year was in reality except in Israel not Sweden 😂

ETA: Joost could probably have actually blamed Israel for his temper tantrum tho given the production team would, you know, actually have been Israeli not Swedish.

I love James blunt sense of humour
---
Did anyone see what the Israel commentary team was saying. There’s been TikTok’s on it.
I was forced to go to a James Blunt concert once (it was a quid pro quo deal). He was quite honestly the funniest person I've ever seen in concert, it made me a fan even though I wasn't particularly beforehand.

I love James blunt sense of humour
---
Did anyone see what the Israel commentary team was saying. There’s been TikTok’s on it.
No, but saw an interview with Eden, not quite the young victim that I imagined for some reason
---
Also...

1000003895.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Shame about Latvia but expected. They don’t do well at Eurovision usually so it’s a waste of money

though when they do qualify they seem to do pretty solid
I loved Eat Your Salad from a year or two ago. They've a population of 1.5 million so...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Shame about Latvia but expected. They don’t do well at Eurovision usually so it’s a waste of money

though when they do qualify they seem to do pretty solid
I read the citizens initiative and it says "People who participate there tend to behave obscenely, and this is also stated as the norm", 🤣 so the writer thinks they should spend tax money on biathlon instead. Latvia is not successful in biathlon so it feels a bit strange to me, maybe the people who participate in biathlon behaves less obscenely but wouldn't count on that since most biathlon-people are Norwegian, Swedish, French or German.😂😂😂

No, but saw an interview with Eden, not quite the young victim that I imagined for some reason
---
Also...

View attachment 2956403
I agree, Israel used the Eurovision as part of their propaganda and she’s been brainwashed. If you search for it on tt. They said varies stuff about the uk Oli, saying his hobby is Israel and that he refused to talk to their guys. hinted about not voting for Greece and other stuff
---
---
Also...

View attachment 2956403

Anyone else loving Nemo?
seems such a sweet person

I agree, Israel used the Eurovision as part of their propaganda and she’s been brainwashed.
This is a hard argument to take seriously when you realise she’s lived in Russia so hasn’t grown up being taught the same propaganda constantly

I agree, Israel used the Eurovision as part of their propaganda and she’s been brainwashed. If you search for it on tt. They said varies stuff about the uk Oli, saying his hobby is Israel and that he refused to talk to their guys. hinted about not voting for Greece and other stuff
---

seems such a sweet person
I mean if you took bits of commentary quotes from Graham (and Terry (RIP))and sewed them together, you’d get a nice video showing they hated half the contestants too.

Reactions: 2
Hmm I guess
Nobody can really deny Graham and Terry have been incredibly cutting about some entries and entrants over the years (which is tbh often the best part of their commentary), and both questioned whether/why anyone would vote for some.

I’d imagine across Europe most of the other commentary people/teams are the same.