Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I don’t feel like Tap did that much. It sounded like Scott Mills was the one who put Sam forward and Tap dropped the ball with Rina.
I think their overall submissions have been better than whatever the hell BBC were sending. Even if Mae was a bit of a flop, the song wasn't that bad - a very good choice for a home crowd one would argue - and the problem was more with her lack of vocals and possibly staging

I fear the BBC are just going to give up again and send the most mediocre songs and people they can find. Even if the likes of Sweden are a bit boring and predictable, at least they normally deliver a good song at the contest

Reactions: 1

Merpedy

VIP Member
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this tbh

Last I remember seeing him was one of the BBC New Year's concerts and he just didn't sound great live. I've since seen some others say that this is still a bit of an issue for Olly

Based on some of the songs I have heard I also fear that we will end up with a very forgettable song

I wouldn't be half mad if we tried to re-create Sam with a bit of a formula. Spaceman was a bit of an eh song but his vocals really sold it, so I think we can afford sending low/mid songs if the vocalist is good and has the opportunity to showcase their vocal talent

Reactions: 1

Codiaeum

VIP Member
someone at work got ticket for seminfinal preview 😂 they weren't want he wanted either, but happy he got anything at all.

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Off to Malmo (via Copenhagen) next year at the beginning of May (first weekend). We'll just miss Eurovision (we fly home on 7th) but that's probably a good thing for my hotel costs 😆

Pipsy

VIP Member
I’ve seen some interesting suggestions that we should try to go down the cultural route with Wales, Scotland or NI. It would be interesting to see but I don’t think it would happen

I think the staging was fine (at least prop wise). Mae not being able to dance and sing, or just control her breathing + the outfit is where the problem lies I think

The song is also not great or wasn’t very well promoted. The polish song has charted in some countries and had radio play, plus the prediction is that it may go viral as a summer bop
Sorry for being dim, but what do you mean by cultural route? Traditional music from those countries or no longer enter as the UK?

Yel

Chatty Member
Midweek charts, Mae is #6, Loreen is #9 and Cha Cha Cha is #21

---
I was reading about her mum’s career. I wasn’t expecting to see so many big videos she’s directed
Mum or aunt? Her aunt Sophie is pretty legendary in the music world.

Last edited:

greenvelvet

VIP Member
It’s a bit ironic when one of the earlier reports was that we may send a more “diverse” act
So much for that, hahaha.

I wonder how much if anything they get paid to participate. Not much info is available online other than their expenses maybe being paid. It’s no wonder artists end up doing ads and things, especially with streaming paying so little. Realistically, nowadays they have to do shows to earn money through music rather than rely on album sales. I expect it’ll be part of the reason why Sam Ryder has been everywhere. I respect him for that though - he’s clearly working hard to make music his income rather than taking the easy route and start shilling any old crap.

kev1974

VIP Member
Everyone ready for the ticket drop in a little over 30 mins? I'm going to give it a go for the Friday Preview or whatever it is they're calling it now, but I have to go out shortly after 9, so will leave it to fate, if it's meant to be then I'll get tickets easily, if not then it's just not meant to be this year.

---
lol 341500 people in the queue ahead of me, so I guess I won't be going 🤣

Last edited:

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Tickets will start selling in two days!

Prices look reasonable, Grand Final seats starting at ~75€ and other viewings even as low as 13€.
I'd love to go, plane tickets will make this very expensive though.

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I don’t feel like Tap did that much. It sounded like Scott Mills was the one who put Sam forward and Tap dropped the ball with Rina.