Eugenia Cooney

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope you're in a better place now @Non90.

That's one of the things the twins from Australia talked about: Not just the emotional pain but the constant, never ending physical pain. šŸ˜¢
There was a video of her walking in a pink top a few weeks ago on her tik tok and she looked in so much pain. Just lifting her feet seemed to take every ounce of energy. Honestly, living like this must be so miserable and painful for her. I cannot imagine. Even if she recovers, then the damage that she has done to her organs long term from this will be immense.

I get so pissed off as well as Instagram allow this on their platform. Canā€™t show breastfeeding but this is allowed?! God forbid the worst happens as I feel their platform has been instrumental in reinforcing her ED. Through allowing her body check photos, to the trolling, to the amount of pro ana comments she gets encouraging her illness. I get there is freedom of speech and expression but not to an extent where it is endangering a persons health and well-being as well as promoting it to a vulnerable audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She was showing off her new pink sofa in a recent stream and in her IG stories. In stream she basically admitted that she will sleep on it. She used to sleep in that big squishy chair in her streaming room. I wonder if itā€™s too difficult for her to get to her bedroom or if a regular bed is just too hard for her to sleep on at this point. I can only imagine how painful it must be to try lying on your side or turning over when you have no body fat. I hate to say it but her mother is probably going to find her unresponsive on that pink sofa one day. Itā€™s so tragic that nothing is being done to help her.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Unfortunately she doesnā€™t want to be helped. She used to call herself the Skeleton Queen ā˜¹
That's the paradox of her mental illness. She doesn't want to be helped because she honestly believes she doesn't have a problem. That's another reason why she falls under the 5150 guidelines. And, oh, the family attorney damn well knows she qualifies. Just sayin'.

ETA: It is beyond tragic that she is not being helped. It is flat out criminal.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Thank you to the person who posted the pictures and put them behind spoiler! I always need a moment before I see her because it's so difficult, thank you for giving and allowing me to have that moment.

She must be in so much pain. At the height of my ED I was much heavier and my body hurt quite a bit. Just standing up right was the most comfortable and even that was painful. Laying down and sitting hurt so much, even in a super comfortable bed or even on a chair with lots of pillows. She MUST be on pain meds because this level of suffering is impossible to endure long-term. She has the funds, so I can imagine she can somehow get it. Poor woman. Life can be so much better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Hope you're in a better place now @Non90.

That's one of the things the twins from Australia talked about: Not just the emotional pain but the constant, never ending physical pain. šŸ˜¢
Thank you. Its hard but Iā€˜m doing better. Can only judge from my experience, but the pain she is in must be so extreme, itā€™s a wonder she can stand honesty.

With any ED as much as itā€™s a physical looking illness, the psychological impact it has is much tougher to conquer. You almost have to completely rewire your brain in order to get healthy again, which is the hardest part of recovery in my experience and can take a long time(years)to truly overcome if you are willing to get better. Obviously it seems Eugenia is way too far gone sadly to even contemplate that she is seriously ill and that she needs to get help desperately. Itā€™s very sad and whatā€™s worse from the little I know and read is the people around her enabling her and letting her get this far. Very disturbing and unsettling to see šŸ˜ž

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Nothing could have prepared me for those pictures, I always think ā€œgod she canā€™t get much worse surelyā€ and then a photo will show up a couple months later thatā€™s x100 worse. I know someone has to want to be helped, but itā€™s atrocious none of her family have gotten her 5150ā€™d again. This girl is on deaths door, no matter how traumatic it was the first time she needs the help. Theyā€™re letting their daughter/niece/cousin/friend die in front of them just to keep her mental illness happy.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I have had anorexia longer than I havenā€™t in my life but I am in recovery now and have been doing really well for a long time, I used to idolize Eugenia then I felt sorry for her but now I just dislike her.
With her flashing the camera on twitch and does anybody remember the picking up the heavy boxes saga? Men in the comments who have a fetish for extremely underweight women were asking her to pick up heavy boxes and she did it. She will never seek the help she needs, unfortunately. She constantly body checks and I feel like the reason she still posts on YouTube is because she enjoys the ā€˜youā€™re so skinny you need helpā€™ comments. She body checks in so many of her videos.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's the paradox of her mental illness. She doesn't want to be helped because she honestly believes she doesn't have a problem. That's another reason why she falls under the 5150 guidelines. And, oh, the family attorney damn well knows she qualifies. Just sayin'.

ETA: It is beyond tragic that she is not being helped. It is flat out criminal.
Itā€™s so complex as i agree with you that she believes she doesnā€™t have a problem yet she aludes to the pro-ana community with the butterfly emojiā€™s and captions that are highly suggestive of a person who knows they are in the grips of an ED.

Psychologically, I feel like thereā€™s so much tit for E to deal with before she even gets to the point of addressing her ED. I know the Shane Dawson intervention appeared to work in terms of getting her to admit there was a ED but I honestly donā€™t feel it went deep enough psychologically. It scratched the surface of her at best acknowledging an issue, but I feel that she only went there as he has so many subscribers and she wanted to capitalise on his audience. Deep down I donā€™t think she really wanted treatment. She went through the motions, did the interview afterwards with Shane then went straight back into her ED.

Itā€™s almost as if she is lost to the monster that is social media. Shes almost gained a sense of infamy through being anorexic and I imagine a lot of her self worth is wrapped up in that. Her comments are all about her illness or people saying how great she looks. Her family have failed to take action and reinforced/condoned her ED through their LACK of action. Her own mother takes her photos. If I was her mother, Iā€™d refuse to take photos of her until she was at the very least at a stable weight. Iā€™d want to protect her from going further down the rabbit hole with the daily body checks, pro ana comments, weird people that fetishise EDā€™s etc.

I canā€™t imagine she earns money from her Instagram, does she even have a sponsorships? So what is she even gaining from posting? Notoriety? Reinforcement of her ED?

She needs to come off socials, seek inpatient treatment and develop healthy boundaries with her family. Rediscover who she was before instagram/twitch etc and hopefully lead a full healthy life. I really hope this happens for her and sooner rather than later at the rate as Iā€™m dreading the day I check up on her to see that sheā€™s succumbed to this awful illness. Sheā€™s worth so much more than this existence.

Love to those of you struggling with EDā€™s. A healthy life is so worth it so seek help if you need it and mute this thread if it is likely to be triggering x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh my heart hurts seeing Eugenia continue to deteriorate. She must be in so much pain living life that way and I can't fathom why her family isn't supporting her in getting help.

I've lost count how many times I've reported her Instagram content as promoting eating disorders or self harm. Fine, don't ban her -- but at least put a flag over her images as "sensitive content": That's something we see more and more now with the devastating war footage from Ukraine as well as others who share ed-related content. Really heartbreaking when you consider she connects most with a younger audience because of her stunted maturity. Such a sad situation all around....

• Sad
Reactions: 7
How can she possibly still be alive? It's been years now with a brief period of "recovery" - it is incredible her body hasn't given up. I wish they would ban her from IG.

Reactions: 10
I guess she doesnā€™t really exercise (that we know of) so isnā€™t putting that extra strain on her body. Although she will certainly be in pain. There is an Australian woman who, if you can believe it, is even worse physically, and has been like it for many years. Itā€™s amazing how much strain some bodies can take. Mine did not cope well and I was nowhere near as small as these ladies but my electrolytes would keep bottoming out and everything hurt. So I honestly donā€™t know how they even function enough to put on makeup and talk to a camera.

• Sad
I don't know how she does it either but I do think that her lifestyle probably helps. She has no responsibilities: no job, no commute, no shopping, no housework, no relationship to maintain. She really doesn't have to expend energy on the boring, daily things that most of us have to deal with.

I don't know how she does it either but I do think that her lifestyle probably helps. She has no responsibilities: no job, no commute, no shopping, no housework, no relationship to maintain. She really doesn't have to expend energy on the boring, daily things that most of us have to deal with.
definitely. At my worst I could only manage the basics of getting up, going to the bathroom, try to stay hydrated and going to the supermarket became too much. Housework went down hill and I spent most of the time trying to get comfortable in bed as my sofas were not comfortable for me to sit on. Work was out of the question as it wasnā€™t safe for me to drive, let alone stand for hours and try to concentrate infront of a computer.

• Sad
This is in the background of her latest pictureā€¦ people were saying in the comments she knows what sheā€™s doing

153FC12A-6B2D-4592-AC22-6F30F997680D.png

Just to add as well, this was the caption. Weird

63207E37-4D78-4CE6-97B1-A11DA7BA4345.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Iā€™m trying to think why someone would have a tombstone plaque in their backyard garden. Some logical reason but I canā€™t think of one?

Last summer I did an ancestry roadtrip with my family and Iā€™m questioning if maybe they have a plaque off an old tombstone? Or family crypt?? That came off with age? But even if they did itā€™s still odd it would be carelessly plucked in some random outdoor corner by potting soil.

Just an added dimension to the sad tale of Eugenia cooney šŸ˜°

Iā€™m trying to think why someone would have a tombstone plaque in their backyard garden. Some logical reason but I canā€™t think of one?

Last summer I did an ancestry roadtrip with my family and Iā€™m questioning if maybe they have a plaque off an old tombstone? Or family crypt?? That came off with age? But even if they did itā€™s still odd it would be carelessly plucked in some random outdoor corner by potting soil.

Just an added dimension to the sad tale of Eugenia cooney šŸ˜°
I think itā€™s probably just something decorative she had made/got gifted because of her style. Doesnā€™t make it any less weird though.

Reactions: 4
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 11.19.47 AM.png

i just.... have no words but šŸ˜ØšŸ˜°

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.