Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad to have found this thread! Seems like a lovely place already! thanks Chita!

Like a lot of people, I've been struggling with my mental health the past few months...I'm a nurse and being on the "frontline" has been so tough at times!
I've also recently had a miscarriage and things are just feeling a bit hard just now!
Trying hard to stay positive and look forward!!
...god, sorry...that's a bit of a heavy post

Reactions: 25
I feel like you should bling your scooter up

Reactions: 15

I bought some Slimfast bars once.
They were so nice I scoffed the whole box in a weekend.
Im crap.

Thats why Im telling myself I need to go to WW. I went there once before [years ago] and lost weight and the physical attending of a meeting with other people there tends to work better for me motivation-wise.

But it takes me ages to actually go. Once ive overcome the hurdle and done it, I can usually keep it up - but this lockdown situation has really knocked the stuffing out of me and Im struggling to find that inner strength that has gotten me through so much in the past.

The inner strength is still there is just hidden a bit deeper than usual.

Singing feeds the soul.
Good for you.

You aint heavy, you our sis-tah!!!!!

I am just pleased people are able to talk about their mental health issues.
Talking IS therapy.
And just chatting - even if its about any old crap - helps us so much to get out from the bottom of that deep, dark well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Don't say sorry, your feelings are valid xx

Reactions: 18
My mum had a carer, she put her in the bath and I decided to strip the bed. After a short time I heard...
"wash yer penny"
I literally ran downstairs with the sheets and died. It really tickled me
I’ve never forgotten the years when Granny (who had dementia and lived with my aunt) would come stay for holidays. I was at Uni still but would come home when she did because she needed total help bathing and could never bring herself to let that non family dignity thing slip with my mum, her daughter-in-law, but would happily let me, her granddaughter, help. We would laugh till the tears rolled because she had this list of names for Fanny that just had me in stitches - cha cha, tutu, there was a different one every time! It always made what could have been awkward, utterly enjoyable and bonding. I do miss her, even 15 years on, daft old coot

Reactions: 21

It was called a Tuppence when I was little.

Reactions: 11
My mum had a carer, she put her in the bath and I decided to strip the bed. After a short time I heard...
"wash yer penny"
I literally ran downstairs with the sheets and died. It really tickled me
My mum (87) struggles with mobility so has a carer in the morning to make sure she’s safe in the shower. A few weeks ago she heard a male voice at the back door, it was a carer announcing their arrival. My mum was mortified so promptly opened a window, told him she didn’t want a male carer and sent him on his way!
Btw, I’m no help since we’re 400 miles apart!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Yes it scared the shit out of me the other day I thought it was Halloween

I was told that after lockdown you are either a hunk, a chunk or a drunk, I am a chunk or a squat arse old tart.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Apps to help people sleep are ones like Headspace or Calm which have free trials but paid for.

There's another app called insight timer which is free.

These work on meditation and calming style things to help you sleep.

Alternatively there are long videos on you tube of the sea washing up the beach and other calming noises that may help?

Reactions: 10

It might help to listen to Robert Peston ask a question on ITV news. Takes him that long to get to the end of it most people will have fallen asleep by then.
And his hair is almost as bad as Boris's!!!! Bloody scruff.

You could always buy into the Harkles one, very informative teaches you how to grift, butt fuck a ginger human chicken and sex lessons from the Douchess of Fellatio.

Failing that you can learn how to lie, cheat and be a duplicitous gobshite.

Well, the bad news is, there IS a Weight Watchers in-person meeting open in my nearest town so now I'm going to have to bloody well go, aren't I?

Oh bugger.
Just next door to the cake shop one side and the chippy on the other just handy after your session

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Thank you for this! I’m feeling a lil bit sorry for maself!! Been to drs today and was told I have a ruptured tendon in my shoulder. She was so lovely and I got great painkillers but apparently I’ll just have to keep it until it goes away

OMG you know me so well.

Reactions: 9
Get some Tesco Sleep Aids. They're herbal and really help

Make sure you make time and space to care for yourself even just little things can help.

Reactions: 10
Easiest way to lose 14lbs of ugly useless fat is to chop Paxos head off

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.