Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My partner was in London the other day, just existing in public being Jewish... and someone THREW A DEAD BABY DOLL AT HIM like he is personally going round killing people in Gaza

Every time he goes down it escalates more. He's big and strong, so not an easy target, but I'm waiting for the day some scrawny bastard isn't so lucky because some of these demonstrators would absolutely beat someone to a pulp given the chance.
I'd still ask him to wear a hat to give you peace of mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This is heartbreaking.
What the duck is wrong with people????
I hope you and your family can stay strong and safe.
Miraculously, they actually arrested people on a Section 14. The police didn't want to do anything, but the manager at the train station was clearly fed up with protesters and was more than happy to share CCTV and have them removed.

Unfortunately, the incident with a pro-terrorism rally who I recorded harrassing me in December is apparently not a crime. I'm contacting the Jewish Police (CST) in hope that they take threats to crucify an entire race of people slightly more seriously.

It's exhausting.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd still ask him to wear a hat to give you peace of mind.
I get this, but turns out that actually the hat helped. Because he was visibly Jewish, and they approached him on CCTV, it was the excuse the police needed to arrest them. All of their previously genocidal chants were apparently ok but that tipped it over. Which I find very odd, but I am glad they are facing some consequences. People are clearly fed up with this happening over and over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How are you all doing after the storm? Hope all ok!

Questions for you…. Have you ever discovered someone was bitching about you? What did you do?

I have had a message from neighbour A.. she quoted something neighbourB said about neighbour C but I quickly figured out it was about me🫣 she commented on something in our house recently… obviously A&B have been bitching… We have coffee here every Friday afternoon- a bloody habit that started after Covid- I would love to get out of it- more so now that I know they are bitching

I am a little pissed off- We are lucky to have a good sized kitchen onto a good sized patio We often have impromptu gatherings at xmas etc and many bbq’s during the summer- our place is the most suitable it feels a bit of a kick in the shins- A has dropped B in it…. If the usual coffee text comes Friday I can cry off with headache but how many weeks can I have an ailment…. and if I say the comment about the item upset me - I’d look like a crybaby- how do I get distance without revealing I’m pissed off?
This all sounds really tricky - and really upsetting. Sounds like neighbour A is either uncomfortable about what neighbour B said - or is tit stirring.
It seems to me to be such a common experience though. People often make up things to witch about. If they're bitching about you, it's almost certain that they perceive you to be superior to them in some way. Small consolation but it gives you the upper hand!

You could ignore it, don't say anything more about it, sail on past whilst you heal your shins in private. You have the upper hand here and the choices, B doesn't - she's caught up in her petty inadequacies. The coffee meets would probably wind down because the previous warmth and trust has been eroded anyway. I tend to take that tack - like, do I really value that person's opinions/approval that much? Nah!

I've confronted very gently on some occasions - like at work where it's necessary to maintain a functional, productive team or dept etc. I once had a team manager bitching about me about something I was supposed to have said. I was her boss's boss. I had a quiet chat with TM, turned out to be made up, baseless gossip, storm in a teacup. We said no more about it. The interesting thing was that several few months later, I was called in to look at the spending and outcomes of that TM's dept. 360 investigation. Turned out that this TM had frittered away £several hundredK on a failing project. I shut the project down and she was moved - but not before she'd had her line manager up on an empty grievance complaint. What I realised was that the woman was throwing out these bitchy accusations as some sort of cry for help or cover for her failings. A big lesson for me: I should have dug a bit deeper to find out what was behind her initial bitching.

You probably don't want to take responsibility for listening to neighbour B about what's behind her bitching, nor for supporting her. I don't think I would! What I might do is diplomatically have something else to do on those Friday afternoons - as @Chita suggested. A 10 week course of physio, or take up something like Tai Chi, a language course online, an art course at a local college etc etc. That couple of months away from both neighbours might save years of neighbourhood unpleasantness down the line. And anyway, you're looking for a way to bring these afternoons to a halt!
---
My partner was in London the other day, just existing in public being Jewish... and someone THREW A DEAD BABY DOLL AT HIM like he is personally going round killing people in Gaza

Every time he goes down it escalates more. He's big and strong, so not an easy target, but I'm waiting for the day some scrawny bastard isn't so lucky because some of these demonstrators would absolutely beat someone to a pulp given the chance.
I'm so sorry to learn what your partner's experienced. It's horrifying on many levels. It's such a shock to the system to be assaulted as you innocently go about your business. And the injustice here is off the charts. I know from my own experiences that the police have lost the plot, they seem bent on protecting offenders, appeasing them instead of upholding the law and protecting people. There's free expression for some favoured groups but not for most of the rest of us.

My grandma was French/German from a Jewish family, several of them got out before the Nazis came for them. My grandma suffered some horrible discrimination from the British after she came here before the war. So I grew up with this sort of shadow - and I'm stunned to see history repeating itself and feel so powerless to do anything.

Last edited:
This all sounds really tricky - and really upsetting. Sounds like neighbour A is either uncomfortable about what neighbour B said - or is tit stirring.
It seems to me to be such a common experience though. People often make up things to witch about. If they're bitching about you, it's almost certain that they perceive you to be superior to them in some way. Small consolation but it gives you the upper hand!

You could ignore it, don't say anything more about it, sail on past whilst you heal your shins in private. You have the upper hand here and the choices, B doesn't - she's caught up in her petty inadequacies. The coffee meets would probably wind down because the previous warmth and trust has been eroded anyway. I tend to take that tack - like, do I really value that person's opinions/approval that much? Nah!

I've confronted very gently on some occasions - like at work where it's necessary to maintain a functional, productive team or dept etc. I once had a team manager bitching about me about something I was supposed to have said. I was her boss's boss. I had a quiet chat with TM, turned out to be made up, baseless gossip, storm in a teacup. We said no more about it. The interesting thing was that several few months later, I was called in to look at the spending and outcomes of that TM's dept. 360 investigation. Turned out that this TM had frittered away £several hundredK on a failing project. I shut the project down and she was moved - but not before she'd had her line manager up on an empty grievance complaint. What I realised was that the woman was throwing out these bitchy accusations as some sort of cry for help or cover for her failings. A big lesson for me: I should have dug a bit deeper to find out what was behind her initial bitching.

You probably don't want to take responsibility for listening to neighbour B about what's behind her bitching, nor for supporting her. I don't think I would! What I might do is diplomatically have something else to do on those Friday afternoons - as @Chita suggested. A 10 week course of physio, or take up something like Tai Chi, a language course online, an art course at a local college etc etc. That couple of months away from both neighbours might save years of neighbourhood unpleasantness down the line. And anyway, you're looking for a way to bring these afternoons to a halt!
---

I'm so sorry to learn what your partner's experienced. It's horrifying on many levels. It's such a shock to the system to be assaulted as you innocently go about your business. And the injustice here is off the charts. I know from my own experiences that the police have lost the plot, they seem bent on protecting offenders, appeasing them instead of upholding the law and protecting people. There's free expression for some favoured groups but not for most of the rest of us.

My grandma was French/German from a Jewish family, several of them got out before the Nazis came for them. My grandma suffered some horrible discrimination from the British after she came here before the war. So I grew up with this sort of shadow - and I'm stunned to see history repeating itself and feel so powerless to do anything.
Thank you for your reply- I love the term you used “heal your shins” yes - for the sake of the wider circle I need to say nothing- I have plans for the next couple of fridays- and then I will see… I am naturally chatty and friendly so a quieter less chatty me will be alien to them- oh I am sure I will drop B’s quote in somewhere (or as hubby calls her… fatarse🤭) I am delighted your TM got the Karma they were due- no good comes from being vindictive

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you for your reply- I love the term you used “heal your shins” yes - for the sake of the wider circle I need to say nothing- I have plans for the next couple of fridays- and then I will see… I am naturally chatty and friendly so a quieter less chatty me will be alien to them- oh I am sure I will drop B’s quote in somewhere (or as hubby calls her… fatarse🤭) I am delighted your TM got the Karma they were due- no good comes from being vindictive
You're welcome!
Have to say, I feel like a prune...I missed reading the rest of the story 🙄so I rambled on generically! B sounds like she's really unhappy what with all those bereavements. A frail 82yo neighbour metaphorically knocked me for six, I'd spent quite some time with her so it stung. Then I realised that she'd been manipulated and used by unscrupulous neighbours for their own benefit. Didn't take long for all our other neighbours to see through them. They moved. Still, I despair at how people treat others nowadays...maybe they like piling up bad karma!

I was really pissed off at reading B's dismissiveness about your gluten free needs - I'm GF too and it really does matter. It's so not a choice. They were lucky to be brought up with food that wasn't mucked about with!
Your plans sound great, and hopefully you'll soon being doing new, enjoyable things on Fridays!
Those shins ought to be healed in no time.❤

Reactions: 1
I'm starting to feel poorly. To be fair, my mom was a bit ill this week. My throat feels funny and I randomly feel a bit feverish at times. I've also started uni again this week (online this week though).

• Heart
  • Sad
I'm starting to feel poorly. To be fair, my mom was a bit ill this week. My throat feels funny and I randomly feel a bit feverish at times. I've also started uni again this week (online this week though).
Gargle with salt and warm water.
Do it several times a day and before bed.
The salt will help kill any nasties trying to take hold.
Then have lots of hot drinks through the day.
Plain hot water if you can stand it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Take zinc tablets. It’s really good for your immune system.

My son had flu (or Covid) just after Christmas. He gave it to me and we were both quite ill for about 3 days then got better, so it might be worth getting some cold and flu tablets just in case, plus stuff like soup and bread, in case you can’t be bothered to eat much.

Ours started with a cough.

• Heart
Gargle with salt and warm water.
Do it several times a day and before bed.
The salt will help kill any nasties trying to take hold.
Then have lots of hot drinks through the day.
Plain hot water if you can stand it.
Salt and water is so underrated! I almost always forget about it but it really is fantastic :)

• Heart
Salt and water is so underrated! I almost always forget about it but it really is fantastic :)
And cheap.

I recommend everyone buy a NeilMed sinus rinse kit from amazon as well. It's saline . .. good old salt. Flushes the nasties out of your sinuses and helps stop them getting down to your throat or bronchials via post nasal drip.

At the first sign of a cold, salt gargle and sinus rinse.

If it's a cough, cider vinegar (with "the mother" in the bottle) in warm water as a gargle. If you can't take it like that, add good honey to the vinegar and warm water and have it like cough syrup a spoon at a time.

Then the other best tool in the arsenal is vit D, high strength zinc, fishermans friends lozenges and olbas oil and pastilles

And finally a facial sauna with a nose/throat attachment to inhale steam into your sinuses, throat and lungs.
If you can stand the intensity, put a drop of olbas oil in the water and inhale through the steam.

It's a lot to do but all of the above done at the first sign of a cold usually shortens the length of the virus and means you don't feel so shyte for so long.

• Heart
Miraculously, they actually arrested people on a Section 14. The police didn't want to do anything, but the manager at the train station was clearly fed up with protesters and was more than happy to share CCTV and have them removed.

Unfortunately, the incident with a pro-terrorism rally who I recorded harrassing me in December is apparently not a crime. I'm contacting the Jewish Police (CST) in hope that they take threats to crucify an entire race of people slightly more seriously.

It's exhausting.
Update - CST are restoring my faith in the justice system. Spoke to a guy just now who had watched part of my video (I mean its 45 minutes so I'm not holding that against him) and agreed that it absolutely was antisemitism, hate speech and something the police should have treated as an offence. I've had to track down my incident number, but they can use that to go back to the Police and escalate it further, as well as educating them about how they should be responding to these incidents.

• Heart
Update - CST are restoring my faith in the justice system. Spoke to a guy just now who had watched part of my video (I mean its 45 minutes so I'm not holding that against him) and agreed that it absolutely was antisemitism, hate speech and something the police should have treated as an offence. I've had to track down my incident number, but they can use that to go back to the Police and escalate it further, as well as educating them about how they should be responding to these incidents.
That's good news. Let's hop they take action against these people.

• Heart
Hi guys, I just want to vent my spleen about something, I can't really vent on a thread that I use quite often, because I don't want to derail it.
Does anyone else feel that certain threads on Tattle have a clique? And no matter how some people conduct themselves, they will never be trully accepted on that thread. Some of the regulars will deny that there is a clique, but the evidence proves otherwise.
Over the last few days a newcomer came onto the thread, and was almost instantly accepted. How is this fair?
I think I am coming to a crossroads with my memebership of this forum. Don't get me wrong, many of you have been marvelous, especially on this thread. I value and appreciate all the advice that I have been given here. But it saddens me, that I am made to feel that I don't really belong here (on the specific thread that I am referring to).

Sorry for whinging again x.

• Heart
Hi guys, I just want to vent my spleen about something, I can't really vent on a thread that I use quite often, because I don't want to derail it.
Does anyone else feel that certain threads on Tattle have a clique? And no matter how some people conduct themselves, they will never be trully accepted on that thread. Some of the regulars will deny that there is a clique, but the evidence proves otherwise.
Over the last few days a newcomer came onto the thread, and was almost instantly accepted. How is this fair?
I think I am coming to a crossroads with my memebership of this forum. Don't get me wrong, many of you have been marvelous, especially on this thread. I value and appreciate all the advice that I have been given here. But it saddens me, that I am made to feel that I don't really belong here (on the specific thread that I am referring to).

Sorry for whinging again x.
I do think some threads are friendlier than others and some threads seem to be quite arsey. I don’t understand how or why cliques can form when people don’t know each other though. It’s much easier to understand those when people meet in real life and hit it off.

Reactions: 5
@Rockin' Robin
You have been through so much lately. So very much. It's been upsetting for you.
You have had a LOT to cope with.
I think everything has got a little bit overpowering for you and you feel very sensitive about situations etc because of all that's been going on.
If you feel there is a clique it's possibly because the people posting aren't taking into consideration how you are feeling because they don't know what you have discussed in here with us and they are just getting involved in the subject matter of the thread.

We all can get so incensed about the celebs we post about that we often don't realise we might not have acknowledged someones post because we are in a kind of conversation with other people and posts get missed.
Especially in busy threads.

So try not to take it personally or feel upset if some people seem to not be engaging with you.
Just keep on joining in.
Tattle is for everyone.

Xxx

• Heart
Thank you Jar21 and Chita for your wise words. I am feeling over sensitive at the moment, but I feel better than I did when when I wrote this post. After all tomorrow is another day, as Scarlet O'Hara would say!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you Jar21 and Chita for your wise words. I am feeling over sensitive at the moment, but I feel better than I did when when I wrote this post. After all tomorrow is another day, as Scarlet O'Hara would say!
The tomorrow is another day thing is absolutely what we have to cling to.

We have to believe we will feel better.
And we will.

Well done @Rockin' Robin
You are doing amazingly well considering everything you've been through.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Afternoon all - I could use some wisdom or advice please.

I'm part of a group that goes sea swimming regularly and we have new members join all the time and everyone is really made to feel welcome etc.

A few months ago we had a lady join - she's going through an acrimonious divorce and has recently moved into the area. It has become apparent that she is a functioning alcoholic - the group has gone to a few social evenings (quiz nights and the like) and you can smell alcohol on her as soon as she gets in the car. I just put it down to it being the evening and her getting a lift (she doesn't buy alcoholic drink at these evening events) so she'd had a couple before coming out.

However someone ran a first aid course this morning (11am) we went and she stank of alcohol and had driven herself.

While I don't know this lady very well - I'm not the only one in the group to have noticed and others are commenting between themselves.

She asked one of the group to visit her for a chat etc because she was in a low mood and not coping with the divorce - this person said that if the lady was drinking too much we could point her to help etc but the lady said she wasn't drinking just smoking too much.

I have 2 concerns - firstly if she is driving while under the influence she could crash and hurt innocent people, the second if she is sea swimming under the influence she is a potential liability for others swimming with her.

Does anyone know if there's a way to tip off police etc to stop her on a random basis to breathalyse her?

Anyone have any other advice on how to deal with this?

• Wow
  • Sad
Afternoon all - I could use some wisdom or advice please.

I'm part of a group that goes sea swimming regularly and we have new members join all the time and everyone is really made to feel welcome etc.

A few months ago we had a lady join - she's going through an acrimonious divorce and has recently moved into the area. It has become apparent that she is a functioning alcoholic - the group has gone to a few social evenings (quiz nights and the like) and you can smell alcohol on her as soon as she gets in the car. I just put it down to it being the evening and her getting a lift (she doesn't buy alcoholic drink at these evening events) so she'd had a couple before coming out.

However someone ran a first aid course this morning (11am) we went and she stank of alcohol and had driven herself.

While I don't know this lady very well - I'm not the only one in the group to have noticed and others are commenting between themselves.

She asked one of the group to visit her for a chat etc because she was in a low mood and not coping with the divorce - this person said that if the lady was drinking too much we could point her to help etc but the lady said she wasn't drinking just smoking too much.

I have 2 concerns - firstly if she is driving while under the influence she could crash and hurt innocent people, the second if she is sea swimming under the influence she is a potential liability for others swimming with her.

Does anyone know if there's a way to tip off police etc to stop her on a random basis to breathalyse her?

Anyone have any other advice on how to deal with this?
I'd ring the Police and say what you've put above and ask the question.

Is there any way your club would be liable if she drowned? Also, you don't want to put any other members in danger if they tried to rescue her!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.