Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bagelwheat

Chatty Member
Wouldn't it be more costworthy to have higher hights being jumped over competent people jumping say 60/70cm
Yeah capable of jumping a 70cm course would be fair I’d say.

I disagree with everyone saying “what about dressage riders” though. I’d say it’s aimed at allrounders, not anyone in any specific discipline.

Reactions: 5

Beyond the wall

Putting aside the schedule Em has had with Addie, that is one very talented little mare. Cameron is right, she's got a real future if Emily decides to go for it. They're definitely doing better without Fred

Beyond the wall

I really feel for Holly, she has a rough season of it. But it's also really important to share that breeding is tough. Poor Miri Hackett lost a foal a few years back and Meg said today that Bear doesn't seem to have taken and they're not sure about trying again.

I reckon it’s Erin. She made some comments about that type of influencer as opposed to the ones creating engaging content. I’d say Meg fell into the engaging content bracket.

Why do people follow Erin Williams?? She’s just a woman posing in tight clothes. Yawn.
Well according to people on this thread Erin is a lifestyle influencer 🤣 it’s literally a channel run by a narcissist who wants men to leave her sleazy comments

I think that type of content is very popular!!
It’s not popular, it’s just everywhere, like midges in Scotland

• Haha

Clariecakes

VIP Member
Made me laugh them advertising this in June in the UK, the month with the longest daylight hours where you definitely don’t need a head torch or woolly hat/headband 😂
That really made me laugh too - I was so tempted to message the worst offender but what’s the point!
A light bamboo fabric - it’s still a headband which looks woolly, it’s not exactly a summer sweatband is it.

littlelessbloom

Riding with Charlotte selling gifted items again, annoys me so much.
Same. It just reeks of her being ungrateful. I understand you can’t keep everything you’re gifted but at least make it less obvious. Don’t sell it on your “influencer” account. No brain cells.

Also her new style of videos are really grating on me. I can’t stand people who try so hard to be funny. They’re not funny in the slightest

I have kinda got bored of the whole oh Pepper is fat as don’t follow Ray but just had a look at her most recent TikTok and was shocked. Poor thing. Needs serious intervention.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Which account is this?

More likely that RTG is lying so that company needs to be made aware she’s painting them in a bad light. A few people calling a horse overweight could be considered as ‘haters’ but when an overwhelming amount of people are saying to then it needs looking into.

I think you’ve nailed it. If Pep loses the weight she should then can RTG realistically keep riding her? An overweight horse balances out and overweight rider as wrong as it is. But this is putting strain on Pep and it’s not right. RTG’s weight would need a stocky ID to be ridden comfortably and be in good condition. And even then I think she’s too heavy to be riding.

Not at all a crack at her weight. But when the welfare of an animal is in question then some home truths are needed.

That comment about Meg was out of order and her horses’ welfare isn’t in question. But Pep’s is and I think that’s the crux here. I do not condone body shaming at all. But when you’re involved with animals their welfare needs to come first no matter what. And I feel like Pep’s welfare needs aren’t being met.
I’ve got an ID and I wouldn’t allow someone that weight to ride him

Clariecakes

VIP Member
I think RTG is doing her best and genuinely believes Pepper is ok

I think showing has a lot to answer for in normalisation of overweight cobs
I think that she is doing her best with what she knows and when anyone comments negatively or points out the issue she just feels attacked, which given how much people go at her for her and peppers weight I can sort of understand.

The people that should be helping her are actually enabling this, the vet, the farrier, her instructor, her yard owner/manager.

I do genuinely (and I have said it before) think she is doing what she perceive’s to be her best by the horse.
Almost want to use the cringy phrase of ‘killing with kindness’.
She does clearly worship the horse, who doesn’t feel like that about their own horse, but she just isn’t educated and thus we see a horse and rider who are both in need of a reality check.

I think we have all got conditioned to seeing obese horses, there is also this obsession to keep weight on horses over winter, where really, they should be lean coming out of winter.

mumma mia

It’s a hard one as a lot of horses Addies age are doing more but I think she needs to forget competing her until autumn at the earliest and just train her and hack her lots to build up her strength.
Definitely. However Addie is having some teething issues like babies do and clearly needs a break, this horse is saying No and her rider isn’t listening. Some babies cope with work a lot better than others.

Clariecakes

VIP Member
I’m going to go out here and throw RTG a bit of a bone, I know she is naive and isn’t fully taking on board the issues with peppers weight but, she is very transparent with tagging brands and putting ad/gift/pr/ba on her stories, surely, as a lot of the brands repost what she creates and shares on social media, they, the brands can see for themselves and make their own decisions about continuing the partnership?

I have felt at times there is a bit of a witch hunt against her.
It does sometimes go beyond just having a fat horse and saying silly things that she has probably just misinterpreted.

**For the record, I know the horse is overweight, I’m not defending that side of it.

Reactions: 4

ricemittens

I would love to know more about the Coles family. I really like Callie and each to their own with hats. Lessons will be learned and it’s not for me to say. But I’m always hesitant of Tony.
How are they so wealthy and how do they make their money? Is he a nice person? What’s she like? Any goss?
She used to be a model. Her eldest child was with Jack Kidd, she used to live the socialite life

Clariecakes

VIP Member
Wonder does he have any special shoes for her or are the shoes preventing Pepper from feeling her feet? Laminitis isn't just being rocked back on their heels and crippled. It happens slowly.. until it's fucked.
She isn’t shod, which at least means anything will show up a lot sooner than if it was masked by a set of shoes.

Somersetvibes

Chatty Member
Crikey, is Em going to give that mare a break? She seems to be doing a lot with her, especially considering her age 🤔

• Sad
Please leave the bins in the bin leaving out area, which is marked bins… Tina 🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣 it’s a bit harsh but, everybody hates you including people you haven’t met yet, your mum called just to say she was so glad she hadn’t heard from you
The man is a genius

Just spotted that KIzzie and Eitties mum is on the lookout for yet another pony for her!
They shouldn't have bought such a young green one in the first place knowing what the ultimate aim was...Nellie was never going to be suitable to babysit the kids so early on!

I've lost count of the amount they've had since I started following!
Loads, I stopped following because of this and the Nonsense way in which she writes, and then people in the comments mimic ing it 😅

I don’t think anyone is criticising the kids, both just posted this morning in way they made me think they’ve had a lot of people in their inbox moaning at them.
Harlow’s mum had tied Popcorn to the lorry without using a breakaway string and clearly got called out for it and put a snotty story up saying they didn’t leave him alone and it was only 15 mins… yadda yadda yadda.
It’s fine them putting up these excuses but, what if a low flying plane had come over etc
I don’t care what you do in life and what is your norm, whether this was out of your routine or not you still have to be safe, and you’ve been called out, just own up and say yes I know it was wrong but it was out of our norm and I didn’t think, no need to go all bloody defensive
It’s these people that also have freak accidents 🙄