Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't

I don't mind somebody presenting that has had a career in their field. It was Erin McGregor getting a presenting job really annoyed me
Tommy doesn't have the personality to be presenting. Hate this about ireland. Someone plays a sport or gets famous for a week we never hear the end of them

Reactions: 9
It was a skit. It was probably deleted so he can minimise any bad things
The video was him and Roz Purcell in 2fm studios if I remember correctly. He was being his usual inappropriate self.
Some people believe it was a skit and others don’t. I think the fact that it’s deleted says a lot

Reactions: 4
It was a skit. It was probably deleted so he can minimise any bad things

Hey, first comment! Didn't join to witch about any influencer, just nosing...but this particular case is just bizzare.

Deleting stuff, like he thinks we haven't seen it already? Such a strange one, I do wonder what will happen in the near future like will the victim be pursuing justice or did she just intend to do the twitter accusations and tarnish his rep, i think she was saying when it first all came out that she couldnt be putting herself through the courts but im not sure. Her account gone now, so would love to know whats going on in the background

Anyone ever think this will all be proven to be a hoax and he will get his 15 mins on the lateshow telling his ordeal? Just a fleeting thought, didn't he get assaulted before by randoms?

its so not like him being radio silent
And I mean he can hardly hide forever...

Hey, first comment! Didn't join to witch about any influencer, just nosing...but this particular case is just bizzare.

Deleting stuff, like he thinks we haven't seen it already? Such a strange one, I do wonder what will happen in the near future like will the victim be pursuing justice or did she just intend to do the twitter accusations and tarnish his rep, i think she was saying when it first all came out that she couldnt be putting herself through the courts but im not sure. Her account gone now, so would love to know whats going on in the background

Anyone ever think this will all be proven to be a hoax and he will get his 15 mins on the lateshow telling his ordeal? Just a fleeting thought, didn't he get assaulted before by randoms?

its so not like him being radio silent
And I mean he can hardly hide forever...
I do I have this fear that he will be hero worshipped on the late late if nothing progresses & he feels he can come back to limelight

• Sick
Im sorry this is too much with this young man killing hoimself last week. And yes i will say I do know eoghans family and the situation or some of the situation anyway and maybe this is not mine to share but the amount of devestation is so much with this news of this man killing himself over an allegation. yes this girl is allowed to make a proper complaint if she wants and let Garda do the work to but this is why social media is dangerous because it is not a court just people saying many things with no favts only what other people say. I don’t know everything but it is a big big mess like I said and I have spent this some time last week and today again reading a lot of this thread that is why i had to write and there are very sad stories and brave stories and some very nasty comments too with many wrong facts from what I know. The account or the tweets anyway were deleted because this girl behind the twitter admitted her lawers and eoghan lawers she lied about her age and was older than she said at this time she talk about. That is to say she said she was underage when she was notand and shared with the whole country a serious crime maybe the most serious crime that is not true. And now anyone who shared her post could now get sued because of that which is hundreds of people from what im told but she will have no responsability for them getting sued if that is what happens because you are supposed to check your own facts on social media. Another mess is she. Admitted again to lawers she shared another rape allegation from a troll account that i see mentioned above just only now totally fake that got reshared fromn her twitter and on here too on tatle life earlier on a scrrenshot on this thread I saw this morning. That troll posted many allegations about many people oin the public eye both men and women too of course I won't name names but they are still there on that account i believe all very nasty and fake so anyone who shared that post from her account when she reposted could now get sued aswell/ A lot of legal trouble she's made for a lot of people. the girl said she never never spoke with eoghan after there last meeting but I'm told there are many msgs that they kept in touch for a long time afyer all this and all the msgs friendly and normal msgs. I know eoghans dad who is just a very lovely kind man and she said in her twitter she wouldn’t go to the Garda because he was a Garda and was corrupt and would make trouble for her. He is just a teacher all of his life and so upset at all this and this accusation. I don’t know if that’s defamation on him but the family are crushed and worried eoghan might hurt himself or worse too like this man did last week. Another problem made by the post she said eoghan said he was friends with niall horan the singer and talked about him like bragging and showing off to her because he is famous which got him (niall included in many tweets and his name involved on social media except they (eoghan and niall) had never met at all at that stage and there is proof of that aswell so now niall horan has had his name pulled in and mentioned on social media. Maybe that is anothe rlegal problem for her i don;t know. So that is why none of reported in the papers because if they had printed what she wrote they would all be in big legal trouble like many of the people on twitter are and that is why tweets gone. Social media is a disaster. I remember does everyone that Mary harney the minister got nealy half a million euros because a paper or radio said she was an alcoholic. Maybe the lawers will make lots of money but everybody else on both sides will lose. The lawers eoghans side offered mediation to all sit down because eoghan thinks it was consensual and now of courdse she say s she doesn't think it was. So they opfferee and she has said no. So she hasnt make a complaint maybe she doesn't want to or maybe she is scared now how big it has gotten and admitted many details not true she won’t meet and try to mediation just hoping to delete tweets and go away but so many lives ruined? If it was my son i don’t know what I would do. Of course you'd hope to sort out but it si in limbo. And of course maybe her experience was not good either and that is sad but maybe he thought one thing and she thought another thing and the fact she now admotted many parts not true to lawers makes it hard for anyone to come to the tqble in peace. Nobody is a winner it’s all very sad. I hope maybe they will talk and be able to sort it out before something terrible happens like last week. Sorry for the long post I just read a lot of the posts here again this morning and many of them made me very sad from brave women and many made me sad because I know some of the truth and the family and they are suffering and trying to sort out and help their son. I am prayinh we dont have another headline like todays again soon. God bless this girl and eoghan and the families.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Im sorry this is too much with this young man killing hoimself last week. And yes i will say I do know eoghans family and the situation or some of the situation anyway and maybe this is not mine to share but the amount of devestation is so much with this news of this man killing himself over an allegation. yes this girl is allowed to make a proper complaint if she wants and let Garda do the work to but this is why social media is dangerous because it is not a court just people saying many things with no favts only what other people say. I don’t know everything but it is a big big mess like I said and I have spent this some time last week and today again reading a lot of this thread that is why i had to write and there are very sad stories and brave stories and some very nasty comments too with many wrong facts from what I know. The account or the tweets anyway were deleted because this girl behind the twitter admitted her lawers and eoghan lawers she lied about her age and was older than she said at this time she talk about. That is to say she said she was underage when she was notand and shared with the whole country a serious crime maybe the most serious crime that is not true. And now anyone who shared her post could now get sued because of that which is hundreds of people from what im told but she will have no responsability for them getting sued if that is what happens because you are supposed to check your own facts on social media. Another mess is she. Admitted again to lawers she shared another rape allegation from a troll account that i see mentioned above just only now totally fake that got reshared fromn her twitter and on here too on tatle life earlier on a scrrenshot on this thread I saw this morning. That troll posted many allegations about many people oin the public eye both men and women too of course I won't name names but they are still there on that account i believe all very nasty and fake so anyone who shared that post from her account when she reposted could now get sued aswell/ A lot of legal trouble she's made for a lot of people. the girl said she never never spoke with eoghan after there last meeting but I'm told there are many msgs that they kept in touch for a long time afyer all this and all the msgs friendly and normal msgs. I know eoghans dad who is just a very lovely kind man and she said in her twitter she wouldn’t go to the Garda because he was a Garda and was corrupt and would make trouble for her. He is just a teacher all of his life and so upset at all this and this accusation. I don’t know if that’s defamation on him but the family are crushed and worried eoghan might hurt himself or worse too like this man did last week. Another problem made by the post she said eoghan said he was friends with niall horan the singer and talked about him like bragging and showing off to her because he is famous which got him (niall included in many tweets and his name involved on social media except they (eoghan and niall) had never met at all at that stage and there is proof of that aswell so now niall horan has had his name pulled in and mentioned on social media. Maybe that is anothe rlegal problem for her i don;t know. So that is why none of reported in the papers because if they had printed what she wrote they would all be in big legal trouble like many of the people on twitter are and that is why tweets gone. Social media is a disaster. I remember does everyone that Mary harney the minister got nealy half a million euros because a paper or radio said she was an alcoholic. Maybe the lawers will make lots of money but everybody else on both sides will lose. The lawers eoghans side offered mediation to all sit down because eoghan thinks it was consensual and now of courdse she say s she doesn't think it was. So they opfferee and she has said no. So she hasnt make a complaint maybe she doesn't want to or maybe she is scared now how big it has gotten and admitted many details not true she won’t meet and try to mediation just hoping to delete tweets and go away but so many lives ruined? If it was my son i don’t know what I would do. Of course you'd hope to sort out but it si in limbo. And of course maybe her experience was not good either and that is sad but maybe he thought one thing and she thought another thing and the fact she now admotted many parts not true to lawers makes it hard for anyone to come to the tqble in peace. Nobody is a winner it’s all very sad. I hope maybe they will talk and be able to sort it out before something terrible happens like last week. Sorry for the long post I just read a lot of the posts here again this morning and many of them made me very sad from brave women and many made me sad because I know some of the truth and the family and they are suffering and trying to sort out and help their son. I am prayinh we dont have another headline like todays again soon. God bless this girl and eoghan and the families.

LOL a BOT could have written a better spiel. You’re full of tit and clearly came here to write that in an attempt to bully/ scare the victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Bloody hell that was a painful read. I actually gave up reading it once I got to the mary harney part. But to summarize for anyone who also doesn’t want to wast their time trying to read it: eoghan’s lovely. As is his dad. And I’m sure the girl is too. But social media is terrible. And mary harney isn’t an alcoholic. God bless us all. 🤣🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 52

I feel like this is either Eoghan himself or someone very close to him...
If it is true that she lied about being an underage school girl whom he exploited, that is terrible... however I don't like the " Another mess is she. Admitted again to lawers she shared another rape allegation from a troll account that i see mentioned above just only now totally fake that got reshared fromn her twitter and on here too on tatle life earlier on a scrrenshot on this thread I saw this morning. That troll posted many allegations about many people oin the public eye both men and women too of course I won't name names but they are still there on that account i believe all very nasty and fake so anyone who shared that post from her account when she reposted could now get sued aswell/ A lot of legal trouble she's made for a lot of people. "

If this girl was sexually assaulted (and allegedly groomed if underage), then why are you going on about legal trouble for the accused?... what exactly would you prefer?

Also, Niall Horan was famous in 2010 so 10 years ago in 2011 Eoghan could easily have met him he hosted a music show. How could you possibly be so sure of this

As for sucide, I do agree that online posts aren't courts of justice, I amn't a fan of cancel culture myself however it is quite bizarre that you wouldn't at least immediately release a statement refuting the accusations if innocent, especially given how outspoken the man is.

Reactions: 16
Just wow… WOW. In my opinion that is clearly his mom.

That’s is sooooo the way my mother Texts…. God love her, she’s coming from a good place, but really like?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I feel like this is either Eoghan himself or someone very close to him...
If it is true that she lied about being an underage school girl whom he exploited, that is terrible... however I don't like the " Another mess is she. Admitted again to lawers she shared another rape allegation from a troll account that i see mentioned above just only now totally fake that got reshared fromn her twitter and on here too on tatle life earlier on a scrrenshot on this thread I saw this morning. That troll posted many allegations about many people oin the public eye both men and women too of course I won't name names but they are still there on that account i believe all very nasty and fake so anyone who shared that post from her account when she reposted could now get sued aswell/ A lot of legal trouble she's made for a lot of people. "

If this girl was sexually assaulted (and allegedly groomed if underage), then why are you going on about legal trouble for the accused?... what exactly would you prefer?

Also, Niall Horan was famous in 2010 so 10 years ago in 2011 Eoghan could easily have met him he hosted a music show. How could you possibly be so sure of this

As for sucide, I do agree that online posts aren't courts of justice, I amn't a fan of cancel culture myself however it is quite bizarre that you wouldn't at least immediately release a statement refuting the accusations if innocent, especially given how outspoken the man is.
This was either written by a 5 year old or a 90 year old what the hell?! But I did wonder why the tweets were deleted. The age thing would certainly explain it if true? If she said she was under the age of consent but was over it, that is a false defilement charge, which is a pretty big deal right? Assume the consent part is still contested.

Reactions: 1
This was either written by a 5 year old or a 90 year old what the hell?! But I did wonder why the tweets were deleted. The age thing would certainly explain it if true? If she said she was under the age of consent but was over it, that is a false defilement charge, which is a pretty big deal right? Assume the consent part is still contested.
Her legal would have asked for them to be removed, this is pretty standard when their is an active investigation going on.

Reactions: 9
Her legal would have asked for them to be removed, this is pretty standard when their is an active investigation going on.
Possibly so. The Dad / Niall stuff is irrelevant for me but I just checked the Balcony Freedom twitter which is the account that posted the other allegation mentioned above, it's ages back in 2017 you have to scroll quite a lot to get there. Won't post a screenshot for obvious reasons but there are lots of other allegations against well knows there alright and they do all seem a bit outrageous, one is a copy and paste of Eoghan's accusation just with the name changed so that part checks out maybe. If that is just a troll and people have reshared it from her account that could be tricky? All seems a bit murky, love to know what's happening behind closed doors 🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: 2
LOL a BOT could have written a better spiel. You’re full of tit and clearly came here to write that in an attempt to bully/ scare the victim.
110%.

My cousin worked on a show on rte and became great mates with Eoghan. He stopped being mates with him when he realised he was absolute creep.

Eoghan and RTEs silence is DEAFENING. He is a prick and we don't know the full extent what he's done yet and doubt we ever will with our poxy legal system.

Stand up for victims !

Everytime I see this thread has a new post I think YES, eoghan is now being prosecuted ! 😔 remaining hopeful
💗💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Dont think she's with him. Few of my friends in work know her and I think she's following her brother over to Christchurch. Hope she does, mortifying for her.
Oh really, when is she supposed to be leaving? I thought they are still together, she is still in dub anyways

Reactions: 1
Oh really, when is she supposed to be leaving? I thought they are still together, she is still in dub anyways
Is she ? Yeah my mates are doctors at different stages in work and know her well. She was looking at following her brother to New Zealand. She should even for a year to get away from it

Women often use social media to out people because our society or law enforcement or legal system fails them. So honestly that long post annoys me so much. It's ignoring the systemic issue. And saying his Dad is lovely? Uhm OK I'm sure he is but that's irrelevant. Also I'm sure if I was raped I wouldn't be interested in sitting down to do mediation with my rapist either...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.