Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know exactly who you mean and he’s a noted creep. Years and years ago he did some show where he lived in Irish towns and worked in local businesses like hotels and swimming pools.... he did it in Tralee Aquadome and its well known fact that more than one of the underage lifeguards were pulled into the showers with him. He’s disgusting
I think his fiancee now is 29, if we're thinking of the same person, she's a US reality star? I read an article recently where she said she was having the best sex of her life with him! 🤮
It's terrible really that these guys think they can get away with it. I know of a fairly well known GAA star who was constantly texting a friend of mine very lewd messages. And he's a married man too.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I was assaulted by an Irish musician back in 2014 in NI. I never reported them as I thought no one would believe me, I was 22 he was 44.
That is so terrible, poor you. I hope you got and are getting the support you need.

Sounds like this is Glen H, I know he turned 50 last year so the ages tally up. I really hope for the sake of his victims that man is brought to justice. The dogs on the street know about the litany of sexual assaults that he has committed.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Yeah if it’s the same person who found a love of the Irish language. He was known to go up to young girls at Irish speaking events and ask for certain favours. An absolute creep.
Girl he just got engaged to has a very petite frame, almost teen like

I know exactly who you mean and he’s a noted creep. Years and years ago he did some show where he lived in Irish towns and worked in local businesses like hotels and swimming pools.... he did it in Tralee Aquadome and its well known fact that more than one of the underage lifeguards were pulled into the showers with him. He’s disgusting
I remember seeing this guy in a nightclub in Cork years ago. He made his way into the DJ box so everyone in the club could see that he was there (plexi glass elevated platform type setup). The DJ was my boyfriend at the time and later that night he told me he was grossed out by said comedian. He kept making comments to him like "man you must get so much p*s*y doing this job". Prior to that I had liked his comedy. Was like a switch flicked then and there and i was just like - ew! Absolute trump vibes. Sad to hear that he may be more than just inappropriate comments ☹

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Girl he just got engaged to has a very petite frame, almost teen like
Years ago my bf was a comedian and he told me that there was soooo much stuff on this guy, if it all came out people would be very shocked. At first I was, like no way you are just hearing that from people jealous of his fame, but then I heard a story from someone not in that comedy scene, so it kind of confirmed it.
There are a lot of real narcissistic creeps in the Irish comedy scene who treat girls/lads terribly and laugh about it like its some perk of their job. Met a few through the bf and some of the stuff that came out last summer about a certain comedian actually didn't surprise me. I won't name names but some Scottish comedian actually did a set specifically about knowing his rape victim.

I think, personal hot take here, that there is a pervasive mentality in Ireland to not believe a woman when she says she was attacked. Its bred into us, women have been silenced since the founding of the state. A few of those mother and baby homes reports recently had details of girls raped while in industrial schools and getting pregnant from it and the reason they were admitted to the laundries was 'SHAME'.

The girls bore the brunt of took the blame, like they were at fault for their rape and ensuing pregnancy and don't forget here alot of these girls got pregnant at ages like 15. But no it was their fault, the man is a good man, decent guy, from a good family..
This attitude still exists, its inherited trauma bred into all of us, and people seem to default to thinking the girl is lying, or making it up or agreed then changed her mind after. And look I'm guilty of having thoughts like that cross my mind when hearing stories years ago. And when I got raped myself I didn't tell many friends for years because I knew some would sympathise in person and then go home and say well I must have been asking for it... I only confided in a friend who also had been assaulted. As I knew she'd immediately believe me and not question how I let it happen (a question I did get asked by someone!!)

I do believe victims coming out and talking these days , it took me 5 years to process what happened to me and be able to move forward from it. Some people are faster to recover, others take decades, and especially if you are a child when this happens it can really take a long time for your brain to catch up to the trauma you suffered and be able to correctly label it.

Anyways back on topic, I definitely think Irish society still minimises the female voice, previous well known rape trials know that the default discourse is 'sure she asked for it, or she shouldn't have been wearing a skirt or a thong' or 'she must have led him on, he's a decent guy didn't the priest speak up for him at trial'

Even with the family annihilator murders in Ireland recently, the men murdering their wife and kids then themselves, it's always 'oh he was a good man, pillar of the community, did loads for the locality' the victims of his crime, particularly his wife, silenced again. Honestly I think this country is entirely polluted still by the effect of the Catholic Church, a real Mary magdalene is a bleep mentality..
As you can tell this boils my piss 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 69
This thread is really enlightening and I think some of the people asking ‘why is she coming forward 11 years later?’ will no longer be asking these type of questions after how victims here have so articulately described their personal experiences. I know some people might find it difficult reading but it’s really important to know how victims process and dealwith their rapes/sexual assaults.

i’m not one for cringy sayings but the phrase ‘don’t judge someone unless you’ve walked in their shoes’ is so true and applicable here.

Let’s be honest after the Belfast rugby rape trial there probably wasn’t a female in Ireland who wouldn’t be put off by pursuing the legal route. That’s why talking about Mr. Bishop and Glen H here might be a positive thing - it might encourage people to come forward or at the very least be a safe space for victims to talk about their experiences.

I think we’ll look back in horror at that Belfast rape trial and be astounded by that poor girl’s underwear being shown in court and the way in which the court case was conducted. The dogs on the street in that tight-knit south Belfast community knew that the rugby boys were guilty as sin but we all know how it ended.

It truly sickens me 1. How only a small % of women report sexual assaults and 2. How an even smaller % reach a guilty verdict. Something truly rotten is at the core of the Irish judicial system and Irish society at large.

The new-ish Minister for Justice Helen McEntee seems like she actually listens and then takes appropriate action (e.g. Coco’s Law), maybe now is a good time for some changes to be made.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Is this the guy that recently got engaged to someone he's been with for 5 minutes?
No its not its a different comedian, he did skits on republic of telly years ago, always has a guitar with him, did a few spar ads years ago 🙈 but who everyone is talking about is a bit sketch, I was texting him on tinder a good few years ago and I remember him picking up a friend when the gay marriage referendum was on and he tried to kiss her when he dropped her off, so odd for someone you just met.

Reactions: 2
I know exactly who he is. I met him once and it was enough. Backstage he decides to turn on Colin Farrells X rated movie. I can't even remember how it got brought up or why it was even put on. But when you think about it now it's absolute creepy.

• Wow
No its not its a different comedian, he did skits on republic of telly years ago, always has a guitar with him, did a few spar ads years ago 🙈 but who everyone is talking about is a bit sketch, I was texting him on tinder a good few years ago and I remember him picking up a friend when the gay marriage referendum was on and he tried to kiss her when he dropped her off, so odd for someone you just met.
Thanks, I knew I'd heard stories about the one I mentioned.
Hadn't heard anything about Spar guy but also didn't know whether the creepy vibe off him was part of the act or not - I guess now we know.

Reactions: 1
Not about Eoghan McDermott but years ago when I was a teenager I text in to a radio show. I’m pretty sure I said the DJ in question was cute or similar. He ended up texting me off his own phone later that day and sending in appropriate messages. At the time I thought it was great getting attention from this radio DJ and didn’t see the problem. ( I was about 15 at the time). The texts got too much even for stupid teenage me and i stopped replying. That Radio DJ is still on air today and I keep checking to see if anyone has said anything about him. I won’t name him as I don’t have proof. I’m just wondering now is this common in Radio DJ culture.

This also happened to me, however I was older than 16. I texted in, he texted me from his own phone. Send a heap load of pics etc. He's still on radio now. I can't even listen to him and either can my friends when I told them about it. Don't know if it's the same guy but..... Its fairly common so it seems

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Thanks, I knew I'd heard stories about the one I mentioned.
Hadn't heard anything about Spar guy but also didn't know whether the creepy vibe off him was part of the act or not - I guess now we know.
I’m wrecking my brain here trying to remember a comedian that was in a spar ad 😆

Edited to ad, I googled 😬

Reactions: 4
I’m wrecking my brain here trying to remember a comedian that was in a spar ad 😆
Google is your friend. This guy was on Dancing with the Stars too. So is this the comedian we are talking about or is the American gaelgoir comedian still in the loop as well?

Google is your friend. This guy was on Dancing with the Stars too. So is this the comedian we are talking about or is the American gaelgoir comedian still in the loop as well?
I was talking about the american gaelgoir being in the nightclub in Cork.

I know who it is now his partners also a comedian, she seems lovely I would hope he’s changed his ways.

I don’t want to hear anything bad about Blind Boy :confused:
I deleted my comment as I didn’t want to defame him
**HOWEVER**
I absolutely abhor him
He’s a knob to the highest degree.
Doesn’t make him a predator, I just have an extreme dislike for his know it all persona
He goes on like he’s the all knowing

Do you know whats really boiling my piss, the Irish people who say Irish women do this to Irish “celebs” because they are famous! Who the duck is that famous in Ireland that it would be worth their while to target! No one is famous in Ireland, no one would bother to put themselves out there with the judgement and how sex victims are treated here for a minus Z lister! The stupidity I actually can’t

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I was talking about the american gaelgoir being in the nightclub in Cork.
My sister was out in a pub in Dublin with friends a few years back, and the ‘American gaelgoir’ came up and sat in the booth and was trying to lean into my sister. Absolute creep, I’ve heard stories and he’s notorious for it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.