Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can see screenshots of the original post on Twitter - his name is trending now....starting to gain traction 🤨

Reactions: 4
Is he gone to Australia?
That's what the girl on Twitter is saying, but I don't think it stacks up. It's very difficult to get flights to Australia at the moment....I've heard of people trying to get home and even with booking months in advance, flights keep getting postponed etc. He would also have to do hotel quarantine - if that was someone in my family, in such a precarious situation, the last thing I would want is for them to spend 14 days locked up alone in a room with no family support. Also, if this has gone legal surely he couldn't leave the country.

Love Island Australia just started this week on E4 and he is narrating, but it's an old series from 2019 that was already broadcast here. Not sure if that's where speculation is coming from?

The other thing that's odd is the wording of the press release - he is 'set to leave RTE'. Why 'set' to if it's already a done deal? Maybe RTE are trying to manage situation by saying as little as possible, but I still think the wording is odd.

Reactions: 8
I can't get to the link on Joe.ie? I keep scrolling to get to comments and it's just thumbnails for more of their articles. Could you please post the link? Thank you!

I read it here but it now seems to be gone, it was dated as far as I can remember the 12th of Feb. Edited to add the comments are still up on Joe.ie Facebook page if anyone is interested in reading them.

Reactions: 1
I wonder what will happen to the radio show? Doireann just not charismatic enough to carry on her own IMO. Rte should really get some new talent and not rehash the same old shite. Not that I tune in too often as it’s covid coverage is bleeping doomsday ville

Reactions: 21
I wonder what will happen to the radio show? Doireann just not charismatic enough to carry on her own IMO. Rte should really get some new talent and not rehash the same old shite. Not that I tune in too often as it’s covid coverage is bleeping doomsday ville
I never got Doireanns appeal at all, she’s also not one bit funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Get the 2 johnnie's on as replacement...but i did love jenny and nicky on that morning slot too

Reactions: 24
I hope they give the slot to someone else up and coming and not a complete narcissist.

Reactions: 12
hes trending on twitter and judging by the posts from the victim alliance group on there , theres a few victims after coming forward.
I know, i know, innocent until proven guilty but wonder what is his plan, make a " ive changed and im sorry " statement or deny it all completely. bleeping RTE and 2FM i mean piss or get off the pot, they should at least acknowledge this as its now trending on twitter and facebook. when it was conor mcgregor the "unnamed irish sports star" we got the story, stop protecting your own.

Reactions: 6
There is enough noise being made now on Twitter for him to come out and outright deny if it was untrue. It’s gone beyond a few rumblings and whispers, my WhatsApp groups are full of it today. He is completely and utterly finished if it is true. Over the years he was almost Ireland’s spokesperson for morality and I hate the term but he was the definition of a virtue signaller. As someone in twitter called him, he was chief snowflake. Is it a case now if hiding in plain sight? Position yourself as the perfect person, almost an authority on morality and all that is good, support the easy wins such as Trump = bad, become ambassador for Pieta House etc etc all as a way of trying to cover up and compensate for who you really are?

Reactions: 21
hes trending on twitter and judging by the posts from the victim alliance group on there , theres a few victims after coming forward.
I know, i know, innocent until proven guilty but wonder what is his plan, make a " ive changed and im sorry " statement or deny it all completely. bleeping RTE and 2FM i mean piss or get off the pot, they should at least acknowledge this as its now trending on twitter and facebook. when it was conor mcgregor the "unnamed irish sports star" we got the story, stop protecting your own.

At 16 that girl was a minor so the guards shpould be involved

Reactions: 5
Yes this exactly. His ego is way too big to come out and own it . Never!

Reactions: 4
I say on Twitter he did some cringe inducing rap about Trump (just watched it and cringe is not the word and I hate Trump) and 2fm deleted it. Not sure if it was deleted at the time or just recently.

Reactions: 2
Awful situation. Whatever happened that's multiple lives ruined - the girls, their families, his family, his girlfriend and him.

Not sure if he has fled the country but have seen his Dad walking his dog in my area the past few weeks. That made me think he was busy working but after everything today I'd say there's more to the rumours

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.