Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
The ONS is community based it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s those in legitimate employment.
Which I mentioned and is a job for the authorities to crack down on people who exploit workers by offering illegal wages.

It still doesn't change the argument some people make that we should only let people in if they contribute positively via highly skilled jobs or just employment full stop. The data shows that immigrants are already doing that.

Blueblue123

VIP Member

Poor children, abandoned due to the UK government's incompetency. Yet another example of the failed "safe and legal" route for those in Afghanistan.

Livid London MP slams ministers for ‘abandoning’ five British children hiding from Taliban in Kabul

A furious London MP slammed ministers on Tuesday for “abandoning” five British children in Kabul under the Taliban’s brutal rule.

Twickenham MP Munira Wilson tore into the Government for not getting them out of the increasingly poverty and hunger stricken country.

Clearly livid, she challenged Veterans Minister Johnny Mercer to ensure the Government acted to rescue the children, whose uncle lives in her constituency.

“The minister has said at least three times in his statement that we will honour our commitment to those who remain in danger in Afghanistan.

“While that may be true for him personally, I’m afraid as far as this Government goes that promise
is utterly hollow.

"I challenge him to come to my surgery and look the Afghan families, whose families have been left behind, in the eye and say that.”

“I challenge him to come to my surgery and look the Afghan families, whose families have been left behind, in the eye and say that.”

The Liberal Democrat MP added: “In particular, three weeks in a row in this Chamber, I have now raised the case of five British children under the age of 18 who have been abandoned in hiding in Kabul.

“Their mother is an Aghan national. There is no safe and legal route for her to apply for.

“Their British father was blown up by the Taliban.”

She called for a route out of Kabul for the children, challenging Mr Mercer or “will he a
dmit that they have just given up on them”.

Last edited:

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member

monga

VIP Member
It depends on how people see a “community“we have travelling communities here and they don’t live in houses ( some do) but they’re still classed as being a community, doesn’t have to represent what building they’re in, just a particular group of people …Still a thriving business model for Serco.