Emmylou MacCarthy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I'm confused.. it was amicable and financial pressures made them live separately? Um bullshit .. costs way more to live separately as any divorced/separated couples can agree!
So he left or was kicked to the curb? Very confusing...

Reactions: 9
ALove moved out 3 weeks ago

Financially stretched

He did't see the kids initially but does now. She wants ALove to feel supported (?)

Other than those details, it's really a promotion for Catch of the Day and Christmas shopping
Was it that he didn’t see the kids til he was set up or did she make it sound like he just left them all? Coz I can see wanting to wait til you’re established but if he just peaced out after being their one constant parent for so long it’s a pretty bleeping dick move.

They had such an unhealthy relationship anyway that separating can only be a good thing. I couldn’t imagine living with the emotional and financial whirlwind that EmmyLou is without finally breaking. Lockdown has been the breaking point of so many couples that no one could possibly think this is shocking.

Reactions: 4
Well we were right! Aaron moved out. I did not like the little shrug she gave the camera and acted like she was the victim! And Aaron needs help. Ummmm she has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on herself with all her projects. There's only so much people can put up with.

Reactions: 11
Well we were right! Aaron moved out. I did not like the little shrug she gave the camera and acted like she was the victim! And Aaron needs help. Ummmm she has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on herself with all her projects. There's only so much people can put up with.
I didn’t watch because when I tuned in she was on catch, I don’t need to watch her shop. But would have been good to hear her actually say the words we were already thinking. I do hope it was amicable at the end of the day

Reactions: 2
Maybe financial mismanagement meant he was a gambler on the stock market.. crypto?

Maybe financial mismanagement meant he was a gambler on the stock market.. crypto?
Maybe they are both as bad as each other with money.

As already noted, their relationship isn't healthy. Living in one house, just because it is cheaper is not a reason to stay together.

Don't live beyond your means.

Reactions: 6
Well that man was knocked about non stop. Talked down too. And financially abused. The way she spoke about money as it was all hers … it was truely abusive. I don’t feel
Sorry for her. But knowing her narcissistic personality she will make out she is the victim and Aaron is in the wrong.

Reactions: 10
Maybe they are both as bad as each other with money.

As already noted, their relationship isn't healthy. Living in one house, just because it is cheaper is not a reason to stay together.

Don't live beyond your means.
Agree. In the three or so years I have followed Emmy Lou, the constant theme is their relationship has been unstable. I think at first she was co-parenting with him, then they got back together, then she bought (brought) that ling sized bed and it was a regretful purchase, then she slept on the mattress in the living room and said it was due to her back, then they got back together but things were always tense, often fighting. He was on a mattress a few weeks back when they did movie night.

It can’t be easy to be living, working, parenting with your on again off again partner during multiple lockdowns, especially when she’s such a diva.
Lucky she bought (brought) that house in case anything happens to her…

Well that man was knocked about non stop. Talked down too. And financially abused. The way she spoke about money as it was all hers … it was truely abusive. I don’t feel
Sorry for her. But knowing her narcissistic personality she will make out she is the victim and Aaron is in the wrong.
Yes I had noted this too - when she bought the house on her own and signed the lease - and then said he had to help her understand it, and also when she constantly said they have seperate money. It was financial abuse.

Remember when her Mum came to visit (or she went to WA) and it was right before she was “investing” in Zoe Moss - her Mum was crying and worried about what she was taking on. Maybe it was decided then. I think A-Love was away quite recently too -she mentioned he was, around the time her Mum was staying there. Was that him going to see if he wanted time apart, and seeking work?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
This!

As they have seperate finances,.surely that means that Emmylou pays all the bills herself as it all relates to her business.

It can’t be easy to be living, working, parenting with your on again off again partner during multiple lockdowns, especially when she’s such a diva.
Lucky she bought (brought) that house in case anything happens to her…
Plus they worked together at Zoe Moss. I remember she did have him working when she was selling ELL clothes out of her house, but working together didn't work out.

Where is Aaron's money if he can't buy his own couch. It sounds like Emmylou is trying to control him, still.

Financial counselling maybe a good idea. The thought of paying rent, warehouse rent, staff, investment property and whatever is a lot. Is she drowning in debt?

Reactions: 7
The way she represented him online never seemed respectful or empowering (much like her old mate Cachia) so hopefully he is out of the narcissist whirlwind and re-building his self respect and self esteem.

Reactions: 6
I didn’t watch the live but actually feel for her. I seperated earlier this year from my husband and we had a business together (and a baby and living in Sydney with lockdowns) so it was a lot of pressure. Im not a narcissist (very diff personality to EL) but had a hubby who stepped back from responsibility a lot which forced me to step up more in finances and business and it’s bleeping hard looking after everything!! Hope they’re both ok…

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wow wee this is all too much!! ELL is a controlling narc.
Buys herself designer clothes all the time (the Alice McCall dress she purchased and has sat in the wardrobe for 18 months- that’s about when that design came out) but her husband and kids look like they wear rags!
My money this and my money that.
I hope he’s not dodging his responsibilities with the kids but good on him for getting out

Reactions: 10
I have no sympathy for LL at all. She has been the centre of her own universe for many years now and never once has she said she her career dreams and aspirations are to make a better life for her family.
Its all about her and always will be.

Reactions: 11
TL;DR warning ahead…

I may sound like a massive cow when I post about EmmyLou, but I don’t wish for relationships to finish and don’t feel glee that Aaron moved out. My issue with her has always been the way she speaks about him, about their relationship and how she constantly diminished him as a partner. If it was Aaron saying the same things and acting the same way people would be FURIOUS and definitely telling EmmyLou to get out of there.

Another issue I had is them fighting and living in such a tense state openly in front of their kids. The kids deserve better, they deserve to see each parent treat the other respectfully and to not be involved in the pressures and stresses. Don’t sugar coat life, but be a good role model for your kids. You don’t need to like each other but don’t drag your kids into your tit fights.

Another very telling thing is that he left while she was recovering from a pretty huge surgery - self inflicted but huge none the less. It seems that this was his breaking point. She still has to stick the boot in about her buying him a couch coz he isn’t able to.

Her “community” will prop her up, never mind. She’ll be told she’s strong and capable and amazing and all that other crap while ignoring the fact that she was the least present parent in that house for years. Prancing around her empty house like a new woman, claiming she’s learnt so much when she really hasn’t learnt anything at all.

Sorry for the novel :oops:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why was ELL advertising that her ‘surgeon’ was going to be featured on four corners, you know it’s not going to be great.

is he even a qualified surgeon or just someone who labels themselves as a ‘cosmetic surgeon? - FYI they are two different things

Reactions: 1
So it’s safe to say the cleaning out of the pig stye was not because she wanted to declutter but more an emotional cleanse.

Reactions: 8
Emmylou is awful, she loves herself so much she had a picture of herself put on her car 🤮, narcissism at its best!!
3BA15718-4896-4B6E-859B-65682E3D060B.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Why was ELL advertising that her ‘surgeon’ was going to be featured on four corners, you know it’s not going to be great.

is he even a qualified surgeon or just someone who labels themselves as a ‘cosmetic surgeon? - FYI they are two different things
ELL’s surgeon was the plastic surgeon who was commenting on Dr Lanzer’s work. He’s the dermatologist & cosmetic surgeon that Olivia White went to. ELL surgeon is well respected and qualified lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.