Emmerdale #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. But Chas has to be the main character and in the right all the time. She cant do any wrong.

Does anyone else feel like the the actress LOVES being miss Queen Bee of Emmerdale? She seems to get off being centre of the scenes, having all the characters pay tribute to her. Such a smugness about her that isn't there in the classic episodes.

Without make-up or crinkly frizz hair, she looks a lot like Faith. It is shocking how much she's had tweaked.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else feel like the the actress LOVES being miss Queen Bee of Emmerdale? She seems to get off being centre of the scenes, having all the characters pay tribute to her. Such a smugness about her that isn't there in the classic episodes.

Without make-up or crinkly frizz hair, she looks a lot like Faith. It is shocking how much she's had tweaked.
I thought too that she looked a lot like Faith when she was coming round from the op without her makeup

Reactions: 11

Yeah Lucy Pargeter is Vile. She got away with absolutely vile behaviour on IAC. I can’t stand her and I can’t stand the fact everyone has to bow down to her all the time. She’s had the woolpack far too long aswell. Let someone else take over.

Reactions: 13
Yeah Lucy Pargeter is Vile. She got away with absolutely vile behaviour on IAC. I can’t stand her and I can’t stand the fact everyone has to bow down to her all the time. She’s had the woolpack far too long aswell. Let someone else take over.
I don't think I watched that season of IAC, what did she do?

Reactions: 1
Then I remember her saying, what happened in the jungle, stays in the jungle. Once she knew she had been a CNT.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I know people use the bully word easily these days but Amy was definitely bullied by Lucy. I remember her going on about the fact Amy had fake boobs and the impact on young girls and then I read hers are fake too

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I know people use the bully word easily these days but Amy was definitely bullied by Lucy. I remember her going on about the fact Amy had fake boobs and the impact on young girls and then I read hers are fake too

I didnt watch I'm a Celebrity so I'm not defending Lucy, but I heard that when her husband cheated on her, she got fake boobs.
Speaks volumes about her self confidence.
I don't know if he came back to her.

And I know Roxanne Pallett turned out to be a nasty piece of work but didn't she leave Emmerdale because she felt bullied by Lucy and the Debbie Dingle actress??

• Wow
I didnt watch I'm a Celebrity so I'm not defending Lucy, but I heard that when her husband cheated on her, she got fake boobs.

And I know Roxanne Pallett turned out to be a nasty piece of work but didn't she leave Emmerdale because she felt bullied by Lucy and the Debbie Dingle actress??
I’m not sure but I imagine she left because no one liked her

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m not sure but I imagine she left because no one liked her
Yeah judging by the reaction from a lot of Roxanne’s former colleagues (if I recall more than 20 former colleagues from her previous jobs) who all came out and said what a nightmare she was to work with after the Ryan Thomas incident in CBB and that she had previous for similar type of behaviour, I’m inclined to believe, as you say, that nobody liked her

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Emmerdale behind the scenes seems incredibly toxic in general. I wouldn’t want to work there. There was the racism thing the other year too between the Meena, David and Victoria actors. It’s a shame because when I did the tour the set was quite nice.

Reactions: 5
Emmerdale behind the scenes seems incredibly toxic in general. I wouldn’t want to work there. There was the racism thing the other year too between the Meena, David and Victoria actors. It’s a shame because when I did the tour the set was quite nice.
Oh yes, we never did get the truth regarding that did we.

Reactions: 3
Chas' storyline is really pissing me off now. All that angst etched on her face must be playing havoc with her botox and fillers... she'll need more time off for tweakments stat.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There was a family introduced who all got bullied by the old cast members and ended up leaving can’t remember the details though

There was a family introduced who all got bullied by the old cast members and ended up leaving can’t remember the details though
Are you thinking of the Soapstars family, the ones who won their parts after taking part in a reality show? The regular cast were annoyed because they (the old cast) had got their roles through going to drama school and training the hard way while most of the Soapstars got their roles just by winning a TV contest (not sure if some of them did acting training before taking part though)

Not sure if the Soapstars family were bullied out of their roles though but I know some of the other cast voiced their disapproval in the media. I think the Soapstars family left because after approx a year they weren’t really blending in as characters so they were written out

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The actor who played Billy’s brother (Ellis ?!) left in odd circumstances, I thought it was him that was involved in the Victoria / David racism stuff?

Reactions: 4
Are you thinking of the Soapstars family, the ones who won their parts after taking part in a reality show? The regular cast were annoyed because they (the old cast) had got their roles through going to drama school and training the hard way while most of the Soapstars got their roles just by winning a TV contest (not sure if some of them did acting training before taking part though)

Not sure if the Soapstars family were bullied out of their roles though but I know some of the other cast voiced their disapproval in the media. I think the Soapstars family left because after approx a year they weren’t really blending in as characters so they were written out
Yes that’s it

The mother and father were out of work actors.
The son was working as a cabbage picker at the time and he wanted to be an actor.
Not sure if he had been to drama school or not.
Can't remember if the daughters were drama school trained or not.

Malandra Burrows who played Cathy for years spoke to a newspaper about it not being fair to hand out tv roles to people as a competition prize.

Not long after that, she got written out of the show and so did the "soap stars" winners.
They kept the mum on a bit longer but eventually she went too.

If you look at the cast, not all went to the drama schools we associate with classic training such as The RADA, Webber Douglas, Rose Bruford, Central, Guildhall, or LAMDA etc

Louise Jamieson (Mary) is RADA trained.
Shes the only I know about off the top of my head.
I think Zoe Henry (Rhona) studied drama at a Uni.

Most of the Corrie cast, and Kelvin Fletcher, went to Oldham theatre workshop. There aren’t any theatre schools for kids outside of London so it’s kinda prejudiced. Malandra is a southerner from what I remember so I’m not surprised that she said it! Most of the Hollyoaks cast are models!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.