Emmerdale #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't decide on Ruby either she deffo has some weird obsession and their relationship is so toxic , not even sure the writers know where they're going with it , the whole thing with Ruby asking Kim was short lived and pointless , especially since Caleb forgave her within 5mins of finding out

Reactions: 7
I can't decide on Ruby either she deffo has some weird obsession and their relationship is so toxic , not even sure the writers know where they're going with it , the whole thing with Ruby asking Kim was short lived and pointless , especially since Caleb forgave her within 5mins of finding out

It's as if the writer of one episode has them working as a team against Kim and the writer of the next episode has Ruby working against Caleb and nobody checks that it can't be both.

Reactions: 10
For such a sensitive storyline, wrong character had it, I really couldn't care less about Chas.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
For such a sensitive storyline, wrong character had it, I really couldn't care less about Chas.

When they did that shot of her lying on the trolley being wheeled into surgery and were trying to make it all dramatic, all I was thinking about was the cosmetic procedures she's had and how she looked better before.

Reactions: 14
When they did that shot of her lying on the trolley being wheeled into surgery and were trying to make it all dramatic, all I was thinking about was the cosmetic procedures she's had and how she looked better before.
Agree she looked better before, but the way her character has been over the years, that bit on the trolley, I thought was over the top, and I really didn't care!!!!

Reactions: 5
Same, Chita! All I coud focus on was her Dolmio puppet mouth.

Lucy Pargeter has great bone structure and would have aged just fine had she not pumped her face with all manner of crap. She's absolutely destroyed her lips.

lp.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I liked Frank probably because I remember him from Dynasty when it was in it's extravagant glory days. I'm embarrassed to say that I only realised very late in life that Moldavia wasn't a real country.:oops:

I think that Ruby is shaping up to be a really dark character. The way she's come in and just rubbed everyone up the wrong way. If it wasn't for the Belle/Tom story, I was wondering if there was some abuse from her towards Caleb in the past. The way he keeps going back to her is odd, it's like she's got some hold on him. It's certainly not healthy.

Unfortunately from Instagram comments it looks like Angelica will not be recast and Rebecca will be back later this year for filming. Angelica could be released in August on good behaviour.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
No one could have predicted sappy Belle not being able to concentrate on her important work whilst reluctantly babysitting ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Reactions: 8
Unfortunately from Instagram comments it looks like Angelica will not be recast and Rebecca will be back later this year for filming. Angelica could be released in August on good behaviour.
I love these threads and my Mum and daughter watch Emmerdale but I only dip in and out of of it. I know all the main characters etc, but had not even been aware of Angel until the stolen car/Heath death storyline. Feel bad to say but she is a terrible actress. She just seems to have one expression where she sort of has this pinched expression and she always seem to have her eyes only half open. I think Iโ€™m quite harsh on child actors though because I compare them all to little Sam in Corrie who is a little star.

I love these threads and my Mum and daughter watch Emmerdale but I only dip in and out of of it. I know all the main characters etc, but had not even been aware of Angel until the stolen car/Heath death storyline. Feel bad to say but she is a terrible actress. She just seems to have one expression where she sort of has this pinched expression and she always seem to have her eyes only half open. I think Iโ€™m quite harsh on child actors though because I compare them all to little Sam in Corrie who is a little star.

And Heath....only now he's dead are we hearing about him being a musician and writing songs.
We hardly ever saw him.
Then when he suddenly appeared in a few scenes with his grown-long hair, we all thought he was a new character!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
And Heath....only now he's dead are we hearing about him being a musician and writing songs.
We hardly ever saw him.
Then when he suddenly appeared in a few scenes with his grown-long hair, we all thought he was a new character!!!!!!
He was a completely wasted character- he literally did nothing until his death scenes. They could have made him a nice, normal young lad starting up a band etc. but nope!

Reactions: 10
We hardly ever saw him.
Yes, Iโ€™ll admit I asked my Mum who he was. I also didnโ€™t realise Angel had other siblings until they came down to send her off the other day.

Reactions: 5
I canโ€™t believe theyโ€™re bringing the current Angel back. What a missed opportunity this is.

Reactions: 17
I can't believe that Kerry-Man would be so forgiving of Chas just because she has cancer. Let's not forget that Kerry and Al were engaged - she thought that he loved her when all along he was sleeping with Chas. And then when he died, Chas acted like her best friend and even suggested that she leave her daughters who might have given her support to work on the cruise ship. Obviously this was because the actress was going on maternity leave, but I don't think she'd come back all ready to forgive for the price of a few free drinks.

At best she'd not hurl abuse at Chas, but she wouldn't be all chummy with her. Contrast that with her reaction to Charity and Mack where Chloe had been the other woman and Kerry knew what a nasty piece of work Damon/Harry was.

Reactions: 8
I can't believe that Kerry-Man would be so forgiving of Chas just because she has cancer. Let's not forget that Kerry and Al were engaged - she thought that he loved her when all along he was sleeping with Chas. And then when he died, Chas acted like her best friend and even suggested that she leave her daughters who might have given her support to work on the cruise ship. Obviously this was because the actress was going on maternity leave, but I don't think she'd come back all ready to forgive for the price of a few free drinks.

At best she'd not hurl abuse at Chas, but she wouldn't be all chummy with her. Contrast that with her reaction to Charity and Mack where Chloe had been the other woman and Kerry knew what a nasty piece of work Damon/Harry was.
Exactly. But Chas has to be the main character and in the right all the time. She cant do any wrong.

Reactions: 11
No one could have predicted sappy Belle not being able to concentrate on her important work whilst reluctantly babysitting ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
If only there had been some kind of quiet space available for Belle to use at Nicola and Jimmy's place, perhaps on a different floor? ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.