Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Ladya31 for the thread name - I've had to tweak it a bit to make it fit the character limit :)

Recap:
FITNESS:
- Emma is unhealthily OBSESSED with working out.
- Set herself a "600 workouts" goal as her 2021 resolution, evidently never heard of a rest day.
- Bought herself a squat rack, barbell and a spin bike in her tiny 1 bed flat, with no storage.
- Is most excited about the gyms reopening than any other post-lockdown activity.

UPLOADS:
- Is YouTube her job? You wouldn't guess - she rarely uploads.
- Always has an excuse every week about why a video is delayed/not being posted

OTHER:
- Says in her "vegan for a month" video that she will only eat meat on "special occasions"
- Proceeds to eat non-vegan every meal thereafter.
- Had a tide mark on her bath in one of her videos.
- Will not stop talking in that baby voice.

Have I missed anything guys?

Reactions: 15
What is a concern is people will take her fitness and food advice as if she’s some kind of expert. I used to do it with influencers, I’d mirror their habits. I know now to only take advice from professionals. While I do believe it comes from a good place, I really think these kinds of video are more problematic

Reactions: 9
I said in last thread that I was worried for her mental state and hoped she'd start talking to someone. As others have mentioned, this "journey" is likely tied to some deeper issues and I really feel strongly talking to a mental health professional would only be a good thing for her.

Reactions: 8
I said in last thread that I was worried for her mental state and hoped she'd start talking to someone. As others have mentioned, this "journey" is likely tied to some deeper issues and I really feel strongly talking to a mental health professional would only be a good thing for her.
Yeah, I’m kind of just waiting for her to crack at this point. She seems unwell tbh.

I might witch about Emma but I genuinely care about her and want her to do well - I just want her to also follow through with her privileged job and post interesting videos.

I think it’s difficult to know if one should be cutting her some slack right now or not. If she hadn’t *not* uploaded a million times because she wanted a walk or wanted to go to spin or something, I think that would be way more clear cut for me and I would just be worried about her mental health right now, but the annoyance from her previous laziness sort of carries through.

That being said I hope she gets help soon. She strikes me as someone who’d let things go on way too long by sort of hiding behind a mask of positivity, even to themselves.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I’m kind of just waiting for her to crack at this point. She seems unwell tbh.

I might witch about Emma but I genuinely care about her and want her to do well - I just want her to also follow through with her privileged job and post interesting videos.

I think it’s difficult to know if one should be cutting her some slack right now or not. If she hadn’t *not* uploaded a million times because she wanted a walk or wanted to go to spin or something, I think that would be way more clear cut for me and I would just be worried about her mental health right now, but the annoyance from her previous laziness sort of carries through.

That being said I hope she gets help soon. She strikes me as someone who’d let things go on way too long by sort of hiding behind a mask of positivity, even to themselves.
The thing is, I can handle people not uploading due to poor mental health if they're not doing anything else instead - people struggle, and that's not their fault. But for the most part, she's not uploaded due to doing other things such as exercising or going for a walk as you've said and if you did that in any other role, you'd have a disciplinary from your boss.

I do think she has some kind of mental health issue (I'm not going to diagnose her, we only know what we see online and that isn't my place to say she has x/y/z) but she might not notice she does. She said in her fitness update that she has struggled with body dysmorphia and still does, and I think she should seek help for that as it's still obviously affecting her with how much she prioritises exercise.

Reactions: 6
I 100% agree. The way she eats is not healthy. And works out. I’ve been there, done that. I went through a stage of eating only ‘healthy’ food and exercising excessively and I see my past self in Emma. Yes I looked the skinniest I’ve ever looked, but I was also hungry all the time and obsessed with how I looked. I hope someone steps in

Reactions: 3
What is really starting to bug me about her is her attitude towards money, especially in current times. I might just be bitter because I’ve spent more weeks out the past year on furlough than I’ve been able to work, which was not calculated correctly for me and there’s nothing I can do, but she’s just casually talking about dropping so much money on things.
First the squat rack, which last weeks vlog I swear she said she’s getting rid off after weeks?! Her saying she was genuinely thinking of paying over TWO GRAND on a peloton bike, just casually upgrading to the latest MacBook, the designer brand haul she did with the most basic clothes with designer labels, and also those ugly ass skull rings she wears, and recently treated herself to a new one, are £250 each.
I get that she’s still working and influencers make a sickening amount of money for not a lot of work, and like I said I’m bitter because I’m trying to save up to move out of my parents house now I’ve finished uni, but her humble bragging about spending all this money on honestly unnecessary purchases rubs me the wrong way. Especially when she said the squat rack with live in Tim’s parents garage until she has space for it and the spin bike will most likely be sold or left to gather dust when she can get back to the gym.
Sorry for the rant but I just feel this new attitude to money and designer tit is distasteful especially at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What is really starting to bug me about her is her attitude towards money, especially in current times. I might just be bitter because I’ve spent more weeks out the past year on furlough than I’ve been able to work, which was not calculated correctly for me and there’s nothing I can do, but she’s just casually talking about dropping so much money on things.
First the squat rack, which last weeks vlog I swear she said she’s getting rid off after weeks?! Her saying she was genuinely thinking of paying over TWO GRAND on a peloton bike, just casually upgrading to the latest MacBook, the designer brand haul she did with the most basic clothes with designer labels, and also those ugly ass skull rings she wears, and recently treated herself to a new one, are £250 each.
I get that she’s still working and influencers make a sickening amount of money for not a lot of work, and like I said I’m bitter because I’m trying to save up to move out of my parents house now I’ve finished uni, but her humble bragging about spending all this money on honestly unnecessary purchases rubs me the wrong way. Especially when she said the squat rack with live in Tim’s parents garage until she has space for it and the spin bike will most likely be sold or left to gather dust when she can get back to the gym.
Sorry for the rant but I just feel this new attitude to money and designer tit is distasteful especially at the moment.
100% agree. She’s in a very privileged and comfortable position for someone her age which I think she fails to realise or appreciate. The only commitment she has is her content ie: YouTube videos and Instagram posts and she’s bloody half arsed with those most of the time yet even through that she’s still making a good enough amount of money to not care. I think the money talk and casual mentioning of new things and expensive things she bought is in bad taste, especially considering how many people are struggling at the moment. Saying that, I don’t think she necessarily money drops on purpose, I honestly think she is just so desensitised to her actual audience/following through her lack of engagement and her head being so far up her own arse that she doesn’t realise how unappealing her attitude towards it is.

I mean she has every right to spend her money how she chooses and on whatever she wants, but be tasteful at least. She’s got more money the sense it would seem. Especially when she starts things like “project ten pan” even though she’s still being gifted and sent make up/skincare PR... or her new “lipstick” challenge because she realised she had too many lipsticks she’d never worn. You’re telling me she didn’t look at all those lipsticks and think she could give them away to friends and family. Instead she’s decided to wear them once and then probably never touch them again. So selfish and ridiculously wasteful!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We can’t forget that this girl went to a Home Counties private school and was clearly bought a home by her dad. This girl is the definition of middle class and privileged.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
‘Im not gonna post before and after pictures, this is not about that’... Thumbnail is literally a before and after!

Reactions: 14
it seems like she went on her gap year with her bf about 5 years ago now, can't believe she didn't whack those video up asap, will as many people be interested in watching them when they go up?

it seems like she went on her gap year with her bf about 5 years ago now, can't believe she didn't whack those video up asap, will as many people be interested in watching them when they go up?
They were supposed to be doing a q & a about budgeting and planning, I’d be interested in that but none of the rest of it

Reactions: 3
i think what's made her relationship with exercise toxic is the fact she's able to monetise it and it's clearly some of the better performing content on her channel. so her 'going for a walk' isn't her job, but if she can post an insta story of the view it counts for something, even though it's not entertaining in the slightest or positively impacting anyone else. what she's struggling to realise is that not everyone wants 600 workouts and what she eats shoved down their throats like propaganda when they've been in lockdown for a year and are struggling with their reality already without the added guilt trip. for some it might be motivational, but emma has rolling goals that feel so unattainable and extreme, and like losing x lbs isn't good enough for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I started watching Emma almost 5-6 years ago. She used to disappear quite often and blame it on the fact that her channel is not growing fast etc. You cannot gain subscribers if you upload inconsistently. She also had another vlog channel and she could never finish Vlogmas and missed uploads all the time. I unsubscribed way before she got into fitness. I started watching her again during the first lockdown as I got too bored. And she is suddenly into fitness and is looking way different. I’m glad that her channel grew and that she managed to commit to weekly vlogging but she’s a completely different person now.

• Heart
I started watching Emma almost 5-6 years ago. She used to disappear quite often and blame it on the fact that her channel is not growing fast etc. You cannot gain subscribers if you upload inconsistently. She also had another vlog channel and she could never finish Vlogmas and missed uploads all the time. I unsubscribed way before she got into fitness. I started watching her again during the first lockdown as I got too bored. And she is suddenly into fitness and is looking way different. I’m glad that her channel grew and that she managed to commit to weekly vlogging but she’s a completely different person now.
Yes! I remember she'd often go on rants in her videos or get teary and have a moan about how unfair it is her channel isn't growing as fast as other people's. And this was a couple of years ago- surely shes realized by now consistency plays a huge part in channel growth?

• Wow
  • Heart
witch, I would have tore up the comment section if I saw those videos with her crying about not gaining subs in real time. That’s so annoying

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes! I remember she'd often go on rants in her videos or get teary and have a moan about how unfair it is her channel isn't growing as fast as other people's. And this was a couple of years ago- surely shes realized by now consistency plays a huge part in channel growth?
Well she should have realized by now, but she still misses way too many uploads lol.

witch, I would have tore up the comment section if I saw those videos with her crying about not gaining subs in real time. That’s so annoying
Yes, she was moaning about her channel not growing fast enough. When soph and Emma first made a video together, Emma had way more subscribers than Soph. But Soph’s channel took off, and Emma’s never grew at that pace. I think that’s what got her to moan and cry. She disappeared way too often, also once during Vlogmas. She never apologised or anything, then came back as if nothing happened. That’s why I unsubscribed. Now I’m amazed that she posts weekly vlogs without getting sick, blaming it on people not appreciating her enough or on her period.

Reactions: 2
Well she should have realized by now, but she still misses way too many uploads lol.

Yes, she was moaning about her channel not growing fast enough. When soph and Emma first made a video together, Emma had way more subscribers than Soph. But Soph’s channel took off, and Emma’s never grew at that pace. I think that’s what got her to moan and cry. She disappeared way too often, also once during Vlogmas. She never apologised or anything, then came back as if nothing happened. That’s why I unsubscribed. Now I’m amazed that she posts weekly vlogs without getting sick, blaming it on people not appreciating her enough or on her period.
This is actually something I’ve thought about and would like peoples input on: what do you think made Soph’s channel take off and not Emma’s?

Is it just her consistency? Less annoying channel name? Content not all over the place?

I would have figured the exposure from collabing with Soph so many times would have made her grow more, but that obviously wasn’t the case.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.