Emma - Thebudgetingslimmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am only sorry that Emma has nobody in her life who Is able to help and support her enough to actually liver her life because her current situation is tragic really.

anyway, she has blocked me so meh.
I’ve followed Emma for years. Must be at least 4. I used to talk to her a lot. Coaxing and cajoling her to try and understand and get help.

We used to chat regularly and I thought it was getting through to her because I too, recognised a lot of my own previous disordered eating habits in her, but then every so often she would take offence and “fall out” with me that the aggro became too much.

I agree it’s really sad that no one in her life supports her or encourages her in the right direction or even advises her to maybe not spend 4 hours a day talking to strangers on the internet but what can you do? If you say anything remotely sensible, she will take offence because it holds a mirror up to her dysfunctional behaviour and ultimately doesn’t give her the encouragement that she can eat junk and lose weight which is all she wants to do.
[/QUOTE]
I remember following her for the first time when I went on a mass slimming account spree when I was losing weight in 2017. She quickly stood out because of her inane stories about nothing and I’ve stuck around this long mostly because of the hilarious threads on tattlelife! But nothing in her life has changed at all in those 3 years. I’ve had a baby and bought a house in that time and she is still losing the same few pounds and obsessing over processed sugary crap.

Reactions: 3
thats 100% it. She is definitely not the brightest spark but she definitely recognises her behaviour is not normal, gets embarrassed and takes a break for a few days then comes back. Instagram is very damaging for someone like her because her disordered thinking is to some extent normalised because there are a fair few people with food issues who have these ‘slimming pages’

i can’t get over the stories dedicated to “do I count 4 calories or 10 calories for this jelly” 😂😂😂

*eats McDonald’s pancakes for breakfast, an entire sharing packet ofgalaxy counters as a snack, McDonald’s for lunch and Nando's for dinner and stresses over the 6 unknown calories in a tiny pot of jelly*
I also kindly pointed out to her that legally companieshave to be within 20% when they give the calorie contents on packaging, so when she eats a ready meal that has 400 calories in it, actually there could be 320- 480! Therefore her jelly may have neither 4 or 10 in it! Bet that blew her mind.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
thats 100% it. She is definitely not the brightest spark but she definitely recognises her behaviour is not normal, gets embarrassed and takes a break for a few days then comes back. Instagram is very damaging for someone like her because her disordered thinking is to some extent normalised because there are a fair few people with food issues who have these ‘slimming pages’

I also kindly pointed out to her that legally companieshave to be within 20% when they give the calorie contents on packaging, so when she eats a ready meal that has 400 calories in it, actually there could be 320- 480! Therefore her jelly may have neither 4 or 10 in it! Bet that blew her mind.
Not gonna lie - that’s blown my mind too 😂. Asin, I understand it but I just wasn’t aware haha

Reactions: 1
The wee hussy has blocked me. I’m tempted to send her a DM giving her a piece of my mind. I hope her weight balloons 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yep she’s gone again and deleted me off off her personal account!
I really think she reads here..

She told people to follow her personal account and now has removed all but 84 people. Who has the time?!! And even if you had the time, who could be arsed?!

Reactions: 2
I think someone might have told her about here. I don’t think it’s a bad thing actually, she screenshot all the ‘supportive’ messages she had yesterday but I would imagine that there are lots of people who haven’t been as positive and she had hoped or portrayed. As amusing as she has been, I hope that she genuinely stays off social media now, for her own mental health.

Also compared to what is said about others I think people have generally been fairly gentle about her to be honest

I’ve given up with her now. Yes she’s a bit slow but she could still ask for help. She chooses to stick her head in the sand and ignore anyone who tells her anything remotely sensible as she just wants an echo chamber of people reinforcing her need to eat shite. I have zero sympathy for her. I genuinely hope she gets help and takes a proper step back from social media but I’m pretty sure within 72 hours she will be back to rambling for hours about going to the cinema, eating some blueberries and smashing her step goal

I’m fairly sure her account is just gone. Rather than blocking us all! I have messaged her a bit and it shows as “instagrammer”

Was hoping she'd be gone for good. But alas, the call of social media is too strong. She needs the validation and 300 videos of herself trying to convince herself that everything is within her calories. Bore off you nutter.

Ooooo I’ve been kicked off her personal page! How does she know who’s who lol

Reactions: 1