Emma Ross / @Mamalinauk

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't like the latest blog post. She's very fortunate - she has lots of family around who are willing to help, friends and fortunate enough to pay for help as well.

Lots of mums don't have any/many friends. Single parents might not even have the help of a partner. Lots don't have family who help as well.

I don't think she realises what a privileged position she is in.

Reactions: 3
How does the wool ad go down with her moth infestations ?!?!

she’s been insufferable on that ski trip - 4 hours child free 🤪 - did she or didn’t she take the au pair?!?!

I can not explain how irritating I find her. I had to unfollow.
just way TOO smug.

Reactions: 4
I cannot stand her! She doesn't practise what she preaches at all. Why the duck does she need a nanny when she doesn't have a job?! Yeah I get that she makes money from Instagram and YouTube but she can do that from home for a few hours here and there so why does require paid childcare? The baby should nap twice a day, the 3 year old gets free hours at playschool and the oldest is at school so what is she doing with her time?!

She also always looks like she need a bath and smells of B.O

Reactions: 1
How does the wool ad go down with her moth infestations ?!?!

she’s been insufferable on that ski trip - 4 hours child free 🤪 - did she or didn’t she take the au pair?!?!
Oh my god I LOVE your username 😂👍🏻 Motherland fan over here 🙋‍♀️

This woman fascinates me, I found myself re-reading the bit about her au pair on her blog about 4 times because I just couldn’t believe me eyes.

I have to know what her husband does for them to be affording this lifestyle. I mean it can’t be anything ethical surely, to pay for an au pair, a house in north London, loads of holidays - what is he, an ivory dealer?! Diamond miner?!

Someone give me the tea!!

Oh my god I LOVE your username 😂👍🏻 Motherland fan over here 🙋‍♀️

This woman fascinates me, I found myself re-reading the bit about her au pair on her blog about 4 times because I just couldn’t believe me eyes.

I have to know what her husband does for them to be affording this lifestyle. I mean it can’t be anything ethical surely, to pay for an au pair, a house in north London, loads of holidays - what is he, an ivory dealer?! Diamond miner?!

Someone give me the tea!!
I think he’s a lawyer / I’m sure she mentioned this in one of her really old vlogs. What type of lawyer I don’t know , anyone have more tea?

I think he’s a lawyer / I’m sure she mentioned this in one of her really old vlogs. What type of lawyer I don’t know , anyone have more tea?
He’s General Counsel in a finance company - think that’s basically the company’s chief lawyer...

Emma is total fake! She is private school educated, studied at Oxford university, and worked in corporate roles at major tech giants YouTube and Google before becoming who she is now - her linkedin profile is still up under her maiden name. She comes from a position of immense privilege and the stuff she recommends isn’t appropriate for most people, especially about how great the lockdown is for her and her free range kids and they have no routine and it’s blissful

Emma is total fake! She is private school educated, studied at Oxford university, and worked in corporate roles at major tech giants YouTube and Google before becoming who she is now - her linkedin profile is still up under her maiden name. She comes from a position of immense privilege and the stuff she recommends isn’t appropriate for most people, especially about how great the lockdown is for her and her free range kids and they have no routine and it’s blissful
I agree. I think it’s because she is promoting the ease of following a green eco friendly lifestyle while hiding the privilege which helps make this happen. I cannot believe she has a nanny and keeps it quiet. I really think that’s very misleading as she seems to heavily promote being a hands-on mum. I remember when I first found her on insta and wondering why I couldn’t create such a calm, laid back lifestyle with my 1 child while she easily did it with 2. Well, it’s easy to be chill when you’ve got huge wealth and privilege as a safety net!

Why can’t children use a potty without it being photographed and plastered over social media nowadays?

Reactions: 2
Why is she potty training an 8/9 month old baby?? Am I missing something because this has truly baffled me.
I think if you work out when your baby has fed, you can get them to go in a scheduled way. I know my husband’s stepmum did this with her grandchildren. Not sure they were that young but it was definitely pre-potty training age in terms of them communicating their need.
I guess if you cloth nappy it saves you some washing!
Not “real“ potty-training I don’t think.

Yeah we do elimination communication. I just object to posting photos of children using a potty.

Urgh I just CANNOT with this woman. I hardly ever post here but my god am I sick of her going on about how she likes taking a day or two off the Internet, and how we should try it.

‘I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again’

1. You have not mentioned it once or twice, you mention almost every time you post, which is pretty bleeping regularly for someone who likes switching off from social media so much

‘MAGICAL’

2. I’m sure it does feel nice to switch off in your big London house, and sit there with your dirty, smelly hair, making potato peel crisps whilst the au pair takes care of the kids! Most of us don’t have the luxury of switching off and doing duck all. We have to go to work, bathe etc. Going online for 15 minutes during my lunch break is the closest to bleeping magic and escapism I’m gonna get during the work day Emma!

The way she bleats on about taking a few days off after a day on the internet is just soooo obnoxious and braggy. No one gives a tit or notices that she’s not on though so I guess she feels the need to bring it up and demonstrate how *chill* she is. All this despite her literally being a wannabe influencer looool. She is so cringe and hypocritical and infuriating - If you love being off the internet so much just stay off!!

And she can shove her 6pm switch off where the sun don’t shine!!

• Heart
ARGH.

Today she has returned from a weekend where she deleted IG from her phone AND switched off wifi and data. The smuggery is palpable.

PICK A SIDE WOMAN. Do you want to engage with people on the internet or not? Don't come on and drop videos of yourself pottering around, ignoring your children (under the guise of 'self development') and talking about feeding them dinner in the bath, and then make barbed comments about having time to 'switch off' and 'take time away from technology'.

You live in LONDON. You worked for GOOGLE.

Christ alive.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
For someone who claims to be all about going with the flow and staying away from the internet, she seems awfully bothered that her post today got less likes than normal. :)

• Haha