Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sleepingstandingup

I don’t really understand what her post is about today? So she’s running late to pick her kids up from school and she almost drives through a zebra crossing when two women were about to step out onto it. One of the women mouths to her ‘it’s ok’ and Emma now decides to make a post about how we should all be kinder to one another and give each other such positive affirmations.

I’m sorry but the take away that I’ve got from such an incident is maybe stop with your ‘slow days’ nonsense so that you can get to school to pick your kids upon time and don’t almost run someone over. The message here isn’t be kind to strangers, it’s be more organized and more careful when you’re driving. Why she’d even post such a stupid thing on the internet is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

DozyDora

I admire her ethics but she is very middle class and privileged…very sanctimonious & a bit preachy.

Reactions: 5

zolagrey

ARGH.

Today she has returned from a weekend where she deleted IG from her phone AND switched off wifi and data. The smuggery is palpable.

PICK A SIDE WOMAN. Do you want to engage with people on the internet or not? Don't come on and drop videos of yourself pottering around, ignoring your children (under the guise of 'self development') and talking about feeding them dinner in the bath, and then make barbed comments about having time to 'switch off' and 'take time away from technology'.

You live in LONDON. You worked for GOOGLE.

Christ alive.

• Heart

xlxjxbx

I'm really shocked at the au pair revelation!! I had no idea. Also had no idea it was her family that were loaded and so therefore help them out financially. I figured they must have come into some money at some point to own a house in London, but always figured they weren't actually that well off and that's partly why she was trying to be frugal. Seems so misleading that she'd peddling the tired mum of three juggling it all, when actually she has hired help! Also the fact she hasn't openly shared about the fact she has help, so has purposely kept it a secret is terrible and I think really makes you wonder what sort of person she is!

Feel quite annoyed that it's all bullshit now actually!

She’s such a hypocrite and only chooses to be eco conscious when it suits her. The final thing that did it for me was when she was flying to Australia and claimed flying wasn’t actually that bad for the environment 🙄 her actions are really conflicting!

CrouchEndTiger

I think what makes it so much worse is that she did a confessional blog post about her insta sham and still left out the au pair !

It’s all just so phoney.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

shopgirlmama

She’s also got the money to be ‘green’. She can invest in cloth nappies, bee wax wraps, reusable coffee cups etc
Absolutely agree with this, another insta-mum thinking she's so woke and so socially and ethically conscious but fails to take into consideration her privilege both in race, money and social status. She also looks like she could use a friggin shower sometimes, seriously.

CrouchEndTiger

She has a brand new bugaboo bee - who has a brand new pram for a 3rd kid?!?! They are usually covered in mud and snot and raisins from the first 2 and rightly so!

So much for baby wearing in her dungarees....

and last time I saw her the pram was laden with amazon packages. No doubt full of ethical beeswax wraps and cloth nappies 😕

CrouchEndTiger

She has a secret au pair. She advertised on the local forum that the au pair had quit and they needed a new one.

Her last line of her return to social media blog post is ‘Morally I couldn’t bear sharing mistruths’ - her entire post was supposedly a confessional about her insta sham v her real and the secret au pair still didn’t make an appearance.

Lolbutno

her parents are MAD rich, that’s how she affords her ‘green’ lifestyle . Her ethics are very confused tbh, talking about saving the planet by using soap but eats meat and dairy... ok. I agree she looks like she needs a wash, is very preachy and self righteous and fails to take into account her privilege, I could sit around all day preaching about plastic free life if I was a trust fund baby too.... talking about their eco friendly holiday in Australia LOL how much was that holiday ? Nice 24 hour flight too, that’s good for the environment. The way she talks about her lifestyle just makes her sound lazy not eco friendly ‘I never wash my hair, I don’t know how many weeks pregnant I am, I do the school run in my pjs, I don’t work (lucky you) .’ so... you can’t be assed ? Got the money in the bank so why bother.

kit359

Emma is total fake! She is private school educated, studied at Oxford university, and worked in corporate roles at major tech giants YouTube and Google before becoming who she is now - her linkedin profile is still up under her maiden name. She comes from a position of immense privilege and the stuff she recommends isn’t appropriate for most people, especially about how great the lockdown is for her and her free range kids and they have no routine and it’s blissful

Fabey1984

I'm so glad this is here. I used to like her - we use cloth, try to be plastic free etc, but I am beginning to find her so unrelatable. Can tell she's minted as bought a house in London, and she doesn't work, and now they are ogf skiing - driving doncha know 😂🙄 thought she didn't have a car?! She's almost as annoying as Madeline Shaw

CrouchEndTiger

I didn’t realise there was already a thread on her - I’m so glad I’m not the only one who finds her so completely and utterly horrific.

She is a complete hypocrite and an outright liar and completely misleads her followers into thinking that they can be super green (she isn’t) and also that her lifestyle is attainable and that they can have it all (they can’t.)

She lives locally to me.

She posts on the local forum and I see her around.

bracket:bracket

Urgh I just CANNOT with this woman. I hardly ever post here but my god am I sick of her going on about how she likes taking a day or two off the Internet, and how we should try it.

‘I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again’

1. You have not mentioned it once or twice, you mention almost every time you post, which is pretty fucking regularly for someone who likes switching off from social media so much

‘MAGICAL’

2. I’m sure it does feel nice to switch off in your big London house, and sit there with your dirty, smelly hair, making potato peel crisps whilst the au pair takes care of the kids! Most of us don’t have the luxury of switching off and doing fuck all. We have to go to work, bathe etc. Going online for 15 minutes during my lunch break is the closest to fucking magic and escapism I’m gonna get during the work day Emma!

The way she bleats on about taking a few days off after a day on the internet is just soooo obnoxious and braggy. No one gives a shit or notices that she’s not on though so I guess she feels the need to bring it up and demonstrate how *chill* she is. All this despite her literally being a wannabe influencer looool. She is so cringe and hypocritical and infuriating - If you love being off the internet so much just stay off!!

And she can shove her 6pm switch off where the sun don’t shine!!

• Heart

Starry_eyed_pie

Chatty Member
WOW A NANNY??? SHE KEPT THAT BLOODY QUIET!!!

I remember this and im sure i commented on the post saying why is she flying- not good for her carbon footprint 😂
I think you'll find she used Ecosia to search for the flights, which offsets her carbon footprint...
Plus she only showers 3x a year, so saving lots of water and energy heating it!
Oh, and the smallest Eco Child has the others' leftovers for his breakfast, so she's probably got air miles leftover!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

CrouchEndTiger

Yes! She literally kills me.

Her fans are super fawning (why??) and it drives me insane because it’s all complete bullshit and she doesn’t live by her own code - which is classic influencer.

Like all of them she deletes the negative comments and attempts to control the narrative.

WHY IS YOUR AU PAIR KEPT A SECRET MAMALINA???!!!

The car partnership with Renault I also found verrrrrrrrrrrrry questionable. Eco wtf

xlxjxbx

I really don't like the latest blog post. She's very fortunate - she has lots of family around who are willing to help, friends and fortunate enough to pay for help as well.

Lots of mums don't have any/many friends. Single parents might not even have the help of a partner. Lots don't have family who help as well.

I don't think she realises what a privileged position she is in.