Emilywalters_journal #12 Baby won’t nap so she makes flapjacks in her big birthing sack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 THIS! If this was me, my partner wouldn't be giving a tit about gossip that had been shared he'd be concerned about what how I was feeling and what he could do to support me or fuming that what I had put on the internet had led people to conclude social services needed to be aware.Moley only seems concerned about the mole and the cheating! What a bleeping useless support system. It would appear that her being reported to social services due to serious concerns about their childrens welfare and how she is coping are not on his mind at all!

Their whole reaction is odd!
It just goes to show their mentality, they'd rather address Tattle gossip than the elephant in the room

Reactions: 9
I need to be honest, whoever reported her to social services is well out of order!! We see a snapshot of her life, her children aren’t abused or maltreated.. and whoever did this has taken the social worker away from a child who actually needs help… makes a mockery of the social care system
Yes we see a snapshot of her life, AS DO YOU. However, what she does show is concerning to a lot of us! How can you be so sure about her life when the stories Emily posted HERSELF about having a temper, not wanting Ella off school because she hates having the kids home. Constant nasty comments about Amelia because she isn’t a newborn anymore that sleeps all day (sure she called her a prick before!).If she can write god AWFUL things about them to all her followers, then how do you think she’s acting towards them at home with the curtains shut all day? Do you think she posts this stuff then goes and sets up an activity to play lovingly with them? NO, she posts this stuff while Amelia is shoved into the ‘swing of dreams’ being FORCED to nap all day and Ella playing alone so Emily can sit and fill her face or surveys! Ps, the “this has taken social services away from a child that needs help” is an utterly pathetic mentality to have. Social services must act upon ANY concerns that are sent their way. If no one had reported Emily and things got much worse you would all be jumping on here with “you all saw the signs, why did no one do anything!!”. Honestly, you bunch of newbies defending her need to piss off, or read through the threads and try and understand where the concerned tattlers are coming through. We didn’t reach that verdict from fresh bleeping air!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I need to be honest, whoever reported her to social services is well out of order!! We see a snapshot of her life, her children aren’t abused or maltreated.. and whoever did this has taken the social worker away from a child who actually needs help… makes a mockery of the social care system
I HATE this 'we only see a snapshot'. What if the snap shot is the happy part and she's worse in the background? It's like how many couples post happy social media but hate each other in truth. Also SS isn't there to take kids away, it's also to help families who are struggling.

Reactions: 16
I honestly think she's not fuckin right in the head. What kind of a mother gets a call from SS then laughs and jokes with her mole. I'd be fuckin devastated and inconsolable. She needs help.

Reactions: 17
I think she needs a wiki because people just think she's picked on, they forget all her bizarre behaviour and her mean ways

Reactions: 19
How nice of Vicky Pollard to join us guys!! No one said it’s abuse, she needs support very clearly and that is just as important. I’m sure the call they had with Emily really stopped them being able to help other children for a long time. They didn’t even go to her house for duck sake!! What makes a mockery of the social care system is that they received a report, called her to check on her instead of seeing her in person, and gave her every detail of why she’d been reported. Thanks for your input ‘new member’

Reactions: 8
There are so many forms of abuse that social care look at. The 4 main categories being Physical, emotional, Sexual and neglect.

For me, from what I’ve seen over the last few months of the family, the one I’d be worried about is emotional.

Emily said herself that her recent behaviour is impacted on Ella’s presentation, this is what a child protection plan would class as emotional abuse. When the parents behaviour is negatively impacting on the child.

As for the person who said they agonise over making referrals, how you feel should never come in to it. Use the evidence you’ve been provided and keep your own feelings out of it.
Of all the referrals I’ve ever been involved in, I’ve never agonised over them. I know my job, I understand the families and children I work with and 95% of those referrals have gone on to be supported by social care and support or plans put in place.
Referrals to social care does not equal removal of children from their families. It’s very rare for children to be removed and certainly not immediately, unless the risk of future harm is significant.

Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, that is the most important message here. If something doesn’t feel right, a phone call for advice or a referral is essential. I know I couldn’t live with myself if I did nothing and something happened (not just in this situation, but any situation involving a child or adult who needs support)

I’d be mortified if I was referred in to SS but I would rather know that there is support available if I needed it.

Us arguing over it being referred in is pointless, someone felt concerned enough to make that call, then that is ABSOLUTELY the right call to make.
We all have differing thresholds, even social workers do and I see this daily so don’t come @ me!
If you’ve been a SW for 20 years, there are things that won’t seem as shocking to someone fresh out of uni because of what they’ve seen and learnt on the job over those 20 years.

We all just need to accept that the call was made with good intentions and I’d urge anyone to make that call if they encounter anything that worries them, again, not just this family but any you might encounter.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
How can SS close a case without a home visit. I'm calling bullshit on the whole saga. She's a liar, a narcissistic witch.

Reactions: 11
Hi🙋🏽‍♀️ I reported her. I reported her for neglect not abuse, and I highlighted that she’s been sharing things that appear to show she is mentally unstable. You don’t have to just report people for abusing their kids, neglect is also a form of abuse. And she both physically and emotionally neglects her children. It doesn’t matter how far up Emily’s arse hole you are, you’d of seen her countless posts complaining about her children. Not dressing them appropriately and her explaining her daughter has started to act like her. Her methods of parenting right now are neglectful and that is a form of abuse. I didn’t report her because I don’t like her, I don’t like her, don’t get me wrong I think she’s a horrid person, and I dislike her whole personality that she projects but my report had nothing to do with HER. She has made it all about HER. Because that’s what she’s like, she prioritises herself in all aspects. But not once in my report did I mention anything about Emily as a person, I just said she posts things online that make it appear she’s struggling and I even said how she keeps posting her baby crying and in distress and it’s disturbing to watch her crumble. Emily can make it about her if she wants but in no way is it about her. I reported her because I felt worried and still do for those children. And I had hoped that by reporting her she’d learn her lesson and actually treat her children nicer.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Apparently they may still monitor her
It’ll certainly remain on file if other referrals are made.
They may still make contact with the school when they are back to let them know a referral was made, check if they have any concerns and possibly ask them to contact with her to offer Early help support if the school has the capacity.

We all know Emily reads here, so posting about what SS may do is only keeping her in the loop. She won’t change her actions because of the referral, she’ll change them because she suspects SS may be watching. She’s either genuinely struggling and is in denial, or how she portrays herself on social media is an ‘act’ so to speak. I don’t particularly care which one it is but if she is struggling and now acts like everything is alright because she thinks they’re watching, she still won’t get the support she needs. A friend of mine was reported to SS last year and they called to inform her and then set a date they would come and visit. How can you dictate whether something is going on over a bleeping phone call?! Ridiculous

Reactions: 10
We all know Emily reads here, so posting about what SS may do is only keeping her in the loop. She won’t change her actions because of the referral, she’ll change them because she suspects SS may be watching. She’s either genuinely struggling and is in denial, or how she portrays herself on social media is an ‘act’ so to speak. I don’t particularly care which one it is but if she is struggling and now acts like everything is alright because she thinks they’re watching, she still won’t get the support she needs. A friend of mine was reported to SS last year and they called to inform her and then set a date they would come and visit. How can you dictate whether something is going on over a bleeping phone call?! Ridiculous
Emily also said today "They did a thorough investigation and they're happy"
A phone call isn't a thorough investigation is it.

I have a friend that has had similar. She was reported and they visited her at home.
They offered her the support she needed.
She wasn't neglecting her children but she was feeling all the same things Emily seems to say she's feeling!
She's had the support from them and she's in a much better place!
Social services have such a big stereotype for just taking kids away and that's it.

Reactions: 11
tit the bed, I’m offline for two days and have to read 8 pages on the bog.

Well done to UBB. The woman is badly impacting her children to the point that people are not just uncomfortable anymore, they’re concerned.

For anyone to come up against this is beserk.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Long time lurker here, so here's my two cents worth,
@uglybettybetty you were so right to make SS aware of this situation, parents struggle that's a fact but how bad is it in the background in that family dynamic we only see a snapshot of amelia and Ella's day, and from my perspective their mother is massively struggling be it pnd or some other mental health issue, i hope she gets the help she needs, and i hope someone would care enough about my children to do the same if i were so obviously in that situation...

Reactions: 12
I’ve been reported by a family member when my first born was 6 months old. It was the kick up the arse I needed as I was an 18 year old on my own with baby I didn’t know I was having and at the time I was not being the best mother and had severe pnd. Everytime I’m having a bad day or feeling like I can’t be arsed I remind myself of that time in my life. 9 years on I still can’t laugh and joke about it - her reaction is very odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Noticed she’s very quiet today either strewing in silence over tattlers (as that was more her concern than SS) or if hubby has told her to step away from social for a while (highly doubt it)

I’ve been reported by a family member when my first born was 6 months old. It was the kick up the arse I needed as I was an 18 year old on my own with baby I didn’t know I was having and at the time I was not being the best mother and had severe pnd. Everytime I’m having a bad day or feeling like I can’t be arsed I remind myself of that time in my life. 9 years on I still can’t laugh and joke about it - her reaction is very odd.
I can totally sympathise with you I was a young mother at 18, a long time ago now but I remember it like it was yesterday. It was so hard, it's a massive shock because you're still a baby yourself. I had PND too. It takes a lot of courage, strength and character to admit that things are bad and to put them right so I hope you're really proud of yourself for keeping going

I honestly think that Emily hasn't bonded with the baby at all and it won't get better until she gets her head out her arse

• Heart
I posted 15mins ago she’s been quite and RIGHT ON CUE she posts the happy rosey posey stories

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.