Emilywalters_journal #12 Baby won’t nap so she makes flapjacks in her big birthing sack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly understand now why the social get so much of the tit that they do. Why on earth would you call someone to do a welfare check and tell them absolutely everything that the person who has reported them as said. How stupid is that. Surely they should keep an eye at arms length, then get in contact with the school. Or even go round to her house for a casual chat about how she’s coping (she’s openly admitted she can’t cope) and whether she needs any support? This could have been handled so much better and I really was debating calling them myself after she was originally reported, but it will fall on deaf ears and not be taken any further because they think she’s an instahun and we’re just ‘jealous haters’ 😭 so jealous of you and your birthing sack and failed attempt at an influencer career 🤦🏻‍♀️
this was my thought too! Someone doesn’t seem right. I said this earlier but i think emily saw on here she was reported before they phoned her. She could have even phoned them herself first? We’ll never know the full story, but it shows what kind of person she is from thriving off the attention she now has.

Reactions: 12
Let’s be honest, she’s on these threads every day. Emily love, if you’ve got time to do surveys for 2p a time in the hope to have enough money for a washing machine at the end of it 😂 then you’ve got all the time in the world to be scrolling these threads.

She clearly has only a small amount of people in her life. Her parents live down south, she had about 3 friends to her big 30th birthday party last year, she never really goes anywhere to meet anybody such as baby groups and her following is dwindling. I bet even the majority of her followers are now old SW accounts anyway. So who on earth would be sending her screenshots from here? And let’s not forget in the past when one or two has found it’s way into her inbox she’s shared it straight away.

Her rant last night was ridiculous. As others have said, I too would be absolutely devastated and embarrassed if someone had reported me to Social Services and the last thing I’d be doing is kicking off on Instagram.

Reactions: 15
I’m sure babies aren’t meant to sleep in swings anymore??
They're not.
I also had a look at several before and can guarantee Amelia is over the weight limit as the limit is 9kg.
If Amelia is in 12-18 month clothes, I'm sure she'll be over 9kg!

Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but I don’t agree with phoning social services. Yes I agree that maybe she take the kiddies out for some fresh air, change of scenery and exercise but gosh as a mother of a 7 month old myself, it can be a major struggle and step especially when you’ve got another child to contend with. I honestly feel sorry for Emily that this has happened. I do think she sometimes goes on and on about things and spends a lot of time on there but she uses IG as a way to let off steam and show the realness of the struggles of parenthood - especially 2!
Just a bit extreme when others are a lot worse!

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry but I don’t agree with phoning social services. Yes I agree that maybe she take the kiddies out for some fresh air, change of scenery and exercise but gosh as a mother of a 7 month old myself, it can be a major struggle and step especially when you’ve got another child to contend with. I honestly feel sorry for Emily that this has happened. I do think she sometimes goes on and on about things and spends a lot of time on there but she uses IG as a way to let off steam and show the realness of the struggles of parenthood - especially 2!
Others being a lot worse doesn't mean anyone less than that shouldn't recieve help though.

Reactions: 13
I’m assuming you’re a follower of Emily’s as you’ve never been on this thread at all. Yes kids can be a struggle and we can all find parenting a bit tit sometimes, but bleeping hell, dressing your child in JUST a baby grow in the dead of winter to go out in, leaving her in a swing all day with barely any stimulation, and constantly bitching about the fact the poor baby won’t sleep when she’s not doing anything to actually help Amelia sleep, I could go on, all the ways in which she has neglected those poor kids, especially Amelia is on these threads, maybe have a read through and see where everyone on here is coming from before you bash people. She was reported out of genuine concern for her baby, we’ve all sat back and watched how she has treated Amelia. Also, I find your attitude that other kids have it worse baffling, so because some kids are abused, people who are neglecting their kids in any way shape or form should not be reported? Seriously! That is exactly how kids who should be kept an eye on slip through the cracks and the worse ends up happening.

Reactions: 16
Is Emily close with her parents? During the holidays I would pack up and go stay with them for a few days/week rather than being stuck at home alone. That way they get a change of scenery and extra pair of hands for entertaining the girls. When I've ran out of ideas or just need a break I always take my kids to visit granny 😅

Reactions: 8
I wasn’t really a fan of the reporting, however to come on here with the attitude that she shouldn’t be reported because others have it a lot worse has absolutely baffled my brain.

How do you differentiate what amount of neglect is worse? Neglect is neglect, no matter how you dress it up.

Reactions: 14
Is Emily close with her parents? During the holidays I would pack up and go stay with them for a few days/week rather than being stuck at home alone. That way they get a change of scenery and extra pair of hands for entertaining the girls. When I've ran out of ideas or just need a break I always take my kids to visit granny 😅
She goes to visit there. She was there a few weekends ago.
I presume they wait for 'Hubby' to have time off before they go

Reactions: 4
I’m assuming you’re a follower of Emily’s as you’ve never been on this thread at all. Yes kids can be a struggle and we can all find parenting a bit tit sometimes, but bleeping hell, dressing your child in JUST a baby grow in the dead of winter to go out in, leaving her in a swing all day with barely any stimulation, and constantly bitching about the fact the poor baby won’t sleep when she’s not doing anything to actually help Amelia sleep, I could go on, all the ways in which she has neglected those poor kids, especially Amelia is on these threads, maybe have a read through and see where everyone on here is coming from before you bash people. She was reported out of genuine concern for her baby, we’ve all sat back and watched how she has treated Amelia. Also, I find your attitude that other kids have it worse baffling, so because some kids are abused, people who are neglecting their kids in any way shape or form should not be reported? Seriously! That is exactly how kids who should be kept an eye on slip through the cracks and the worse ends up happening.
Don't forget the bugaboo on top of the hob, that was dreadful.

The SS are shite from all accounts, no wonder so many kids end up dead if this is how they supposedly check on people

Reactions: 11
Don't forget the bugaboo on top of the hob, that was dreadful.

The SS are shite from all accounts, no wonder so many kids end up dead if this is how they supposedly check on people
And constantly not being strapped in the high seat thing whilst she's got her back turned cooking 🙃

Reactions: 10
At the end of the day, play stupid games, win stupid prizes 🤷🏻‍♀️ whether it was right or wrong to call social services, she cannot post stuff like that (which was, frankly, alarming and even to me who doesn’t have kids way too far and oversharing) and not expect a reaction from people! As far as I’m concerned, influencers with a public insta haven’t got a leg to stand on to complain about the consequences of their posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not gonna lie I think she's a fanny but who actually has time in their life to report a weirdo stranger they follow on instagram... get a better hobby lol 😆

I legit spent a lot of time scrolling past people on insta briefly thinking to myself what a fanny you are... but I can say I have never thought ohhh ill go report them to social services !! I work in a nursery and it's hard on your heart when you have to report a family you know are neglecting thier children I've agonised over it so many times but I cannot imagine reporting a family I don't know 😕 💔 it's a heartbreaking situation for families and shouldn't be taken so lightly!

You 100% don't know this woman! Or her babies or her husband. If she learns anything from this I hope it's that parasocial relationships and exploiting your children for content that strangers on the Internet consume is just wrong. Share those babies lives with your friends and family and stop inviting people into your life through your phone they don't deserve a place there!

And this bullshit is what happens when you do !!!

Lol that's 90% of kids then 🤣 hardly anyone likes having thier kids at home and do you know why .... kids are arseholes !! Haha I'm a nursery teacher and the look on the parents faces when we send those kids home on the last day before holidays is priceless ... sheer bleeping dread mainly lol

What a world you must live in where everyone loves every second they spend with thier kids I bet you also love your husbands company too and he doesn't at all drive you mad or pics you off. Good for you 👍 but don't judge people for not wanting thier kids around all the time it's pretty normal !!
You shouldn't be "agonising" over reporting a family you know are neglecting their children 😬 and you absolutely should be reporting people who you are worried may be neglecting their children, regardless of whether you "know" them or not. If you really are a teacher, please take a refresher safeguarding course.

You've literally just said she is exploiting her children for content. That's also part of this whole issue.

If all the parents at your school have looks of sheer bleeping dread then I dunno what to say. Most parents I know actually look forward to spending time with their children. Nobody is saying that every second of every day is great, but most people actually love their children and husbands 😬

• Heart
You shouldn't be "agonising" over reporting a family you know are neglecting their children 😬 and you absolutely should be reporting people who you are worried may be neglecting their children, regardless of whether you "know" them or not. If you really are a teacher, please take a refresher safeguarding course.

You've literally just said she is exploiting her children for content. That's also part of this whole issue.

If all the parents at your school have looks of sheer bleeping dread then I dunno what to say. Most parents I know actually look forward to spending time with their children. Nobody is saying that every second of every day is great, but most people actually love their children and husbands 😬
This exactly.
I have 3 kids. I look forward to the school holidays.
Does that mean I enjoy every second of it? No.
I have days where I feel like I'm struggling. Yes. I have days where the kids feel uncontrollable. Yes.
But I look forward to the school holidays, having my kids together. Going out for walks. To the park ect without the limit of school times/homework ect.
I had kids for a reason, because I wanted them. So I don't enjoy having to send them off for hours every day to school.

• Heart

I'm glad to hear your life is so black and white! You've clearly never had to deal with social services or understand the complexities of xhild protection! I really don't require a refresher course I actually help with training in this area 😅 but OK again from one comment on the Internet you've decided I can't do my job! Stop rushing to judge when you don't know everything ! Jeez !

And yes the exploitation of children is a much bigger issue than any of the nonsense she was reported for but unfortunately its not supported by any legislation yet, Is a relatively new phenomenon and I'm sure in time will be treated similarly to other types of abuse but at the moment its not and parents are supposed to safeguard thier own children online.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.