Emily In Paris - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What were your thoughts on the show?
I thought some parts were a bit cringe but I kinda liked the whole cringe gossip girl vibe lol do you think there will be a season 2?

Reactions: 6
I liked it as just a light hearted easy watch, have seen a lottttttt of criticism of it from French people re how it portrays French culture. I just don't get the obsession with Gabriel tbh, he's ok but can we talk about Antoine :love:

Reactions: 8
I liked it as just a light hearted easy watch, have seen a lottttttt of criticism of it from French people re how it portrays French culture. I just don't get the obsession with Gabriel tbh, he's ok but can we talk about Antoine :love:
I agree i literally binged it in a couple of hours last night but i honestly didnt want it to end it gave me wattpad energy🤣 ngl they were all hot or is it just me??

Lol made me want to move to paris asap

I agree i literally binged it in a couple of hours last night but i honestly didnt want it to end it gave me wattpad energy🤣 ngl they were all hot or is it just me??

Probably something to do with the hot french men hahahah

Probably something to do with the hot french men hahahah
Same, I love Paris and the shots of the city were beautiful. I didn't think they were all hot - the guys she worked with weren't and the other love interest at the end (can't remember his name - the old designer guy's son, I think? who she was going to St Tropez or something with?) was pretty ugly I thought 🤣 I hope they do a second season, I liked the short episodes as well - we also watched it in a day!

It’s such easy watching I love it! I love the outfits and the Paris shots, it made me want to give up my life and move to Paris ASAP hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Antoine - 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

Agree, the designer nephew and Gabriel, noooooo

Loved it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Antoine - 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

Agree, the designer nephew and Gabriel, noooooo

Loved it
Noooo not her colleagues!!! Matthew was the nephew i thought he was attractive but that’s probably because I’m always drawn to older sophisticated men 🤣🤣

It’s such easy watching I love it! I love the outfits and the Paris shots, it made me want to give up my life and move to Paris ASAP hahaha
Literally i had a cheeky google have you seen how expensive rent is there ??? I actually applied for a job out if interested hahahahha one step too far

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've tuned into the first episode. The only thing that's holding it up is the love of all things French that's been marketed to us in the English speaking world for years. It's cute, a little cringy but nothing groundbreaking. I'm sure it's a nice watch when I'm in a low mood and I just want to binge on junk food.
Emily isn't very fashionable, despite all the nice things she's wearing. I guess they were going for Emilia Clarke's character in Me Before You... endearing but awkward. I'm more annoyed that they hired an actress to play a character who speaks Chinese but she doesn't really. Her Mandarin was awful.

Sylvie has the best wardrobe
I liked cami’s wardrobe tbh she had cute European outfits, reminds me of when i lived in austria but better very cute but conservative and classy but cool. Emilys outfits were for the most part terrible some were cool but not the biggest fan i didnt even know americans dressed like that is that even a fair representation hahaha

Started this yesterday and found myself getting a bit frustrated by the stereotyping of the French, as I see French people have too!

but I will forgive it because Gabriel 😍

• Heart
What were your thoughts on the show?
I thought some parts were a bit cringe but I kinda liked the whole cringe gossip girl vibe lol do you think there will be a season 2?
Same. I miss fashion/bitchy/romance shows like GG would bring me

Only halfway through so can't say too much

Reactions: 1
I thought it made Paris look 10x nicer than it actually is 🤣 but I looooved the clothes and the bags 😍

Reactions: 2
Being French, the french clichés couldn't be cringier than in this series hahah.
No, we don't start work around 11am. Paris is not as ideal as it is pictured either. But this is quite funny to see how American people see France, and Paris specifically.

Reactions: 17
I started watching cuz of the hype but i finished the first 2 episodes and got bored in the 3rd 🙈
My favourite thing would be the spoken French and shots of Paris but not sure if I'd continue tbh.

I thought it was so bad! I usually love a light watch like this, but I was cringing the whole way through.
The constant implication of the American way being the best way made me roll my eyes so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I enjoyed it and binged in a couple of days, however if I got offended easily it is pretty offensive in the way it portrays France and europe in general really. As it is I eye rolled hard. Just spin it round to if it had been this stereotypical of black or other ethnic minorities, people would be up in arms. My biggest issue was the american to the rescue element, it was hard to like emily as she never seemed to consider she might be wrong or have to take another point of view. The american view was right and she saves the day and French culture and ways of doing this are wrong.

If they had just got the balance a bit better it would have been a stronger show.

• Heart
Reactions: 14