Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Delia Smith

VIP Member
I think she’s definitely neurodivergent. She’s also got a very glazed / strange look in her eyes a lot of the time. I think it’s good that she’s working with her dad, he was the most straight talking and normal family member when she was going through her recovery so hopefully he is keeping an eye in her. Her mum might not cope with her if she relapses.

Reactions: 8

Applespice

Right so dont get me wrong, I genuinely think Elzani has done incredibly well to recover as she has. However, I dont understand how shes managing to have such a following when all her videos for the past year or so have just been clips of her and Satara prancing around the kitchen. Its the kind of thing my friends and I filmed ourselves doing when we were 12 (and thank god Youtube wasnt around then so noone else saw it!) Totally understandable for her to live at home whilst shes still recovering and to find her feet as an adult but it feels like she needs to sort out the direction of her channel. Otherwise I can see her making childish dancey videos when shes 35 and her mum still entertaining it.
It also makes me a little angry that she has this huge platform where she could make a real difference to the recovery community by speaking about how shes dealt with weight gain/anxiety etc etc.. but she doesnt.

Reactions: 7

unnecessary

Have anyone noticed some of the worrying comments on her sisters insta recently?
Her sister has lost a LOT of weight. And it is concerning. She is the same age now that Elzani was when she got sick - and no matter how well informed a family is on EDs...you can't just prevent anorexia. I always felt bad for Satara being bigger while having one anorexic sister and another with a perfect figure 😕 Hope she's okay.

Reactions: 4

Delia Smith

VIP Member
I think she's done amazingly too, but she is in a very fortunate position. Very wealthy supportive family, lots of lovely food and experiences, live in a gorgeous part of the UK, no responsibilities. All these things don't cure mental health issues but they certainly put her in a good position to.

I've never had issues with an ED but several friends have, and they say it will always be with them in some form or another.

I think as sweet as she is, Elzani is quite stunted in development. Right now she's living like a teenager and couldn't care less. I think her mum enables her but I understand how anxious she must be after almost losing her. I wonder what her sisters really think of it all.

Reactions: 4

HairyBerries

VIP Member
I'm playing devil's advocate here but she does have a very nice body and by going to the gym regularly to train her muscles doubt she's going to go back to looking skeletal again,

But reg. the spectrum comments she's def OTT especially in the car, I guess just not how I would expect the oldest sibling to act. The tiktoks are weird and how she strips off her clothes, ugh lmao.

But she has clearly worked hard on her body it'd be a shame to see her relapse if she does. I also noticed her mum isn't as around much in her videos anymore.

Reactions: 3

Prinnywoo

This seems so dangerous. Yes she has lived experience but does she actually have the right qualifications to be “coaching” people on something so serious? Would she have the right insurance in place if it went wrong?

Attachments

• Wow

unnecessary

so happy for her! haven't watched it all but she seemed so happy in that vlog
Yeah I actually like how she doesn't upload lots anymore - like to me that tells me she is recovering really well and moving away from ED-related stuff. And whatever she has uploaded she doesn't really 'talk' about anorexia. Everything about her life just seems to positive and genuine now.

hrh89

VIP Member
Just watching her q&a with her sister. Gosh she looks so so much better I’m so pleased for her. I remember watching her videos last year and she was just so ill it was heartbreaking. She looks healthy and happy now I hope she continues to fight against this ED

Millais

Chatty Member
Sorry if this is turning into a bit of a long comment but I also just wanted to say that yes everyone has to learn to love food but they literally eat junk all the time..flavoured milks, cookies, cakes and go out for pizza and pasta an hour later! I think it's fantastic they enjoy so much family time but as someone recovering from an eating disorder she should learn to eat a healthy amount but should also learn to have certain foods in moderation which is key!
When she was filming from the hospital, her family were sneaking junk food in for her - they could have killed her! She was on a strict medically controlled diet because she was at risk of refeeding syndrome, and I can’t believe her family wouldn’t have been aware of that. I know they meant well but she was so so unwell that she was well past the ‘shove as many calories in as possible to gain weight’ stage of underweight.

• Wow

hrh89

VIP Member
Her most recent picture on insta wow she has really started proper recovery! She looks way healthier now I’m so happy for her.

Happyheart11

And I am skeptic as to how much she actually eats rather than what she ‘posts’. Dunno she’s not in a good headspace. She must be drained

HairyBerries

VIP Member
I thought that their breakup was pretty serious I hope they genuinely want to work it out and it's not just Elzani's addictive tendencies...

I thought they meshed really well in her Ben vlogs..he is almost a male Elzani

Delia Smith

VIP Member
She definitely needs to look at becoming more independent from the protective bubble of mum / family. At 22 she is stunted both mentally and physically due to her illness. She also has OCD and some tics/habits that clearly need addressing. I really feel for her mum. She is so supportive and patient yet going through her own battle , and also has 2 other children to consider.
Elzani is a sweet girl but very spoiled - all those trips to Marks and Spencer’s and Waitrose to get her favourite foods - how many people can afford that....
I think a taste of the ‘real’ world will come as a huge shock to her, eg if she did start volunteering or even looking to make friends . I’ve wondered how she will feel about getting her periods back etc?

Reactions: 2

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
Is she ever going to upload her inpatient documentary video that she said she would? It was December last year when she uploaded the general hospital one...

unnecessary

Right so dont get me wrong, I genuinely think Elzani has done incredibly well to recover as she has. However, I dont understand how shes managing to have such a following when all her videos for the past year or so have just been clips of her and Satara prancing around the kitchen. Its the kind of thing my friends and I filmed ourselves doing when we were 12 (and thank god Youtube wasnt around then so noone else saw it!) Totally understandable for her to live at home whilst shes still recovering and to find her feet as an adult but it feels like she needs to sort out the direction of her channel. Otherwise I can see her making childish dancey videos when shes 35 and her mum still entertaining it.
It also makes me a little angry that she has this huge platform where she could make a real difference to the recovery community by speaking about how shes dealt with weight gain/anxiety etc etc.. but she doesnt.
I am actually really shocked at how well she appears to have done. I don't know many people at all who gain weight and literally just love it and love life. I've been weight restored for seven years and I'm STILL getting outpatient support on and off.. I just struggle so much and I want to hear how she is really feeling.

hrh89

VIP Member
She definitely needs to look at becoming more independent from the protective bubble of mum / family. At 22 she is stunted both mentally and physically due to her illness. She also has OCD and some tics/habits that clearly need addressing. I really feel for her mum. She is so supportive and patient yet going through her own battle , and also has 2 other children to consider.
Elzani is a sweet girl but very spoiled - all those trips to Marks and Spencer’s and Waitrose to get her favourite foods - how many people can afford that....
I think a taste of the ‘real’ world will come as a huge shock to her, eg if she did start volunteering or even looking to make friends . I’ve wondered how she will feel about getting her periods back etc?
You can tell all three girls are very indulged they all seem to have the latest trainers MacBooks and mobiles! Their house is super nice and I recall them saying her dad built it all I think he must be a builder by trade and possibly he has his own business? They obviously have a fair bit of money to throw about going by where they shop for food as you said! I feel a bit bad saying it but I find her sister Alisha kind of bratty and stuck up when she’s on camera, she’s a bit of a show off and would do my head in being around her! She seems so loud! Elzani actually seems the nicest and most down to earth of the three sisters

Last edited:

unnecessary

I think she's done amazingly too, but she is in a very fortunate position. Very wealthy supportive family, lots of lovely food and experiences, live in a gorgeous part of the UK, no responsibilities. All these things don't cure mental health issues but they certainly put her in a good position to.

I've never had issues with an ED but several friends have, and they say it will always be with them in some form or another.

I think as sweet as she is, Elzani is quite stunted in development. Right now she's living like a teenager and couldn't care less. I think her mum enables her but I understand how anxious she must be after almost losing her. I wonder what her sisters really think of it all.
Yea, she is fortunate but in most of those ways so am I (just not wealthy sadly!:LOL:). And you are right, the stunted development you speak of is very common with anorexia! When you get sick you obviously stunt physical growth, but also sexual and emotional, and it's often thought to be the age you get sick is the age you stay. I am 26 and still feel like im 14, still living at home and very emotionally dependent on mum, never been in a relationship, sex is gross etc etc!!! My mum doesn't push me either, and it just keeps me content.

Delia Smith

VIP Member
I think she is slipping into some old habits/coping mechanisms.
The ‘dancing’ she’s doing on tik tok isn’t dancing.
I hope she can scoop herself up from this before it gets too far. She’s come such a long way.