Ellie Polly

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm very concerned that she is using the anxiety and therapy angle for content. As a health care professional myself I'm not happy if a lack of interesting content means she is using such a sensitive and possibly emotive subject for some people, just for easy content. Before Christmas she was constantly moaning about a lack of engagement but now she is divulging every aspect of such a personal part of her life, rather than concentrating on her recovery. Sorry to sound so sceptical, but I hate people using illness of any kind just for content and engagement.
I completely agree with you and was going to write something about this yesterday.. It’s very sad what people would do to get engagement and followers

Reactions: 1
I’m a big advocate for mental health, having suffered from depression for many years (on and off) however I find influencers really like to throw around words like anxiety and depression, ( yes some genuinely suffer) Because they see the engagement it gets others. It makes a mockery of people who genuinely do suffer.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It really really annoys me when she does swipe ups but doesn’t say what the link is for “swipe up you will love it” oh eff off Ellie 😡😡😡

Reactions: 8
It really really annoys me when she does swipe ups but doesn’t say what the link is for “swipe up you will love it” oh eff off Ellie 😡😡😡
Omg this! I’ve was quite enjoying following Ellie Summer McLean but she’s a Stylink ambassador now and she is the worst for this tactic! ‘Wow I love these for me new house, swipe up and let me know if you agree’ or ‘Wow, THESE are the cheapest I’ve ever seen them!’ with no clue what the link takes you to. It’s a cheap, tacky tactic and they’re all following.

Sadly agree with the comments above too - Ellie doesn’t seem genuine at all. Dropping in during her ‘radio silence’ to drum up interest, and now doing a therapy Q&A whilst in the midst of ‘crippling’ anxiety?! Yeah, sure!

Reactions: 7
She’s using hashtags now for mental health on a post about taking her son to school 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I hate it when ‘influencers’ love to fake that ‘sooo many people have messaged me’ drives me up the wall how they try and portray themselves as some kind of celebrity

Just watched her 'honest and raw talk' vlog. She talks about her absence on social media. Earlier I watched her vlog before Christmas when they visited santa, during that vlog she stated that was her last vlog of 2020 as she doesn't vlog over Christmas. So her social media absence was planned. This vlog tonight, she claims was filmed day one of lock down 3, so today, .im very confused because she has definitely not been quiet on IG for the last 4or 5 days, she's been posting stories, posting pictures and posting loads of AF links and ADs for her number and letter cards. I get the feeling uploading to YouTube will be' as and when', because it's less lucrative than Instagram. She's asked people to follow her Instagram, surely, if you're struggling and need to take time to address your problems, trying to drum up subscribers and make money from links etc, is the last thing on your mind. Sorry if this sounds mean, but I sense, she is using this to increase her normally low engagement

Does she get commission for just a swipe up?
Apparently they get commission on anything you purchase from the site for a period of time, if you use a swipe uo/affiliate link, even if you buy something she hasn't posted. I only learnt this through the Rebecca Lamb thread, she's another for the AF links and swipe up.

I don’t watch her YouTube anymore and I haven’t for a while I find her camera quality really bad and the way she edits it makes me feel weird.. I don’t get this with anyone videos so I don’t know why I get it with hers

She's making me cringe tagging companies in posts hoping they will gift her stuff! Its embarrassing 🙈 I doubt she would spend £500+ on a baby carrier c'mon.. We all know she likes to brag and thinks she's special because she claims to be a "influencer" but the truth is people with money are low key she's just desperate to be a IG "influencer" We can all make up a perfect life on social media so please dont compare yourself to her!
I feel like I can read her like a book & I don’t even know her but I’ve come across people like her in my time and she’s so predictable!

I made a comment about the baby carrier above last year & clearly the company didn’t gift her the carrier she was boasting that she was going to buy 🙄 now she’s asking if anyone is selling a 2nd hand one while still tagging the company in her post

and the IG story about saying it’s important to share that she went out and had a funny turn? Why? Seriously get off IG and go and look after yourself instead on jumping on IG trying to get attention

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can't believe she's only 25 weeks pregnant, this is going to be the longest pregnancy ever. My own pregnancy with twins didn't seem to last as long as hers. I'd love to know what she's like at work, if she is a team player or someone who doesn't play well with others

• Haha
Did she actually just say she’s letting her kid colour in as a reward for writing his name for two minutes after having an iPad day

Reactions: 1
Did she actually just say she’s letting her kid colour in as a reward for writing his name for two minutes after having an iPad day
Every day is an ipad day for him he even remains glued to it while eating. As a primary teacher I would have thought she would be a little more pro active in not making her son so dependent on technology

All she does is moan about how difficult everything is, but the constant posting of AF links and ADs for her numbers and phonics cards, obviously aren't too difficult. She's even stared scamming her followers, by saying oh this is something I definitely need for baby Hartley's room, swipe up to see what it is. I'm sick of these con artists using mental health or pregnancy as an excuse to demand sympathy or just for content, when there maybe people watching who are experiencing serious problems and suffering and then they are bombarded with endless ads, AF links etc, pure greed

Reactions: 4
I cannot cope with the constant clickbait on her affiliate links. Just show us the what the product is - if I actually liked it I'd be more inclined to buy it through her link than after getting conned into clicking on it to earn her some extra pennies now she's decided to pack in her job. So beggy and annoying 🙄

Reactions: 4
I cannot cope with the constant clickbait on her affiliate links. Just show us the what the product is - if I actually liked it I'd be more inclined to buy it through her link than after getting conned into clicking on it to earn her some extra pennies now she's decided to pack in her job. So beggy and annoying 🙄
Yep this!
Plus with all the constant moaning on top I just don't enjoy following her any more really?

Yep this!
Plus with all the constant moaning on top I just don't enjoy following her any more really?
she’s so negative and moany.
she has moved into a lovely new house, has a fiancé, a beautiful boy and another on the way. Doesn’t seem like they struggle with money yet she’s a miserable, whiny cow 🤣

Reactions: 7
I think they've bought this big house, she's relying more on social media for her income, she said she had a new managerial position, whether that's still within teaching, I dont know and obviously the longest pregnancy on earth(or it just feels like she's been pregnant for ever). I think she is doing anything she can to make money, even if it means ripping off her followers

she’s so negative and moany.
she has moved into a lovely new house, has a fiancé, a beautiful boy and another on the way. Doesn’t seem like they struggle with money yet she’s a miserable, whiny cow 🤣
I dont think her relationship is as perfect as she would have us all believe, Clint seems to spend a lot of time away over night,I know he works away, but before Covid,,he seemed to spend lots of his free time with his mates, either playing football, or weekends away, when we do see him in a vlog, he always looks so miserable, plus it looks like he intentionally makes lots of noise and encourages Leo to shout etc when she's vlogging in the house

Last edited: