Elle Florence Lecocq #11 Duchess of Bainbridge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally got around to watching the home tour today. Oh my, so many strange details you all have already mentioned šŸ˜‚ why does she keep her monopoly board out on display like that?? If you love it so much, find a proper spot instead of shoved in a corner?

I would LOVE to know what games Elle is playing on the Switch šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have to say Rick was her perfect match, even though she thinks Joe is the one that got away!
Rick just like her, is spending the pandemic hanging out with people without a mask in sight.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I would LOVE to know what games Elle is playing on the Switch šŸ¤£
Has to be animal crossing. I wonder if everyone leaves her island after a few months.

Finally got around to watching the home tour today. Oh my, so many strange details you all have already mentioned šŸ˜‚ why does she keep her monopoly board out on display like that?? If you love it so much, find a proper spot instead of shoved in a corner?
I would have to guess Mr Next likes board games and Nintendo. That follows Elle's pattern of stuff you never heard her mention liking sudenly be front and center. More curious is where are the guitar and BBQ cookbooks (SS) and nutritional supplements (Rick) that she was so into? Gone with the men they rode in on no doubt. I don't think you'll see the Nintendo or Monopoly much after Mr Next is gone either.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
No doubt Meghan is a triggering topic, judging by the strong reactions people have at the mere mention of her. Iā€™m happy to move on.

Our Smelley is quite polarizing as well, judging by how many threads have been created in honor of her scamming ways. šŸ˜†

I know we canā€™t trust anything she says, but she did mention how sheā€™d update more regularly after her move. Does anyone believe her? Will we ever return to Joe era consistency with videos? What would she even talk about?

Last edited:
No doubt Meghan is a triggering topic, judging by the strong reactions people have at the mere mention of her. Iā€™m happy to move on.

Our Smelley is quite polarizing as well, judging by how many threads have been created in honor of her scamming ways. šŸ˜†

I know we canā€™t trust anything she says, but she did mention how sheā€™d update more regularly after her move. Does anyone believe her? Will we ever return to Joe era consistency with videos? What would she even talk about?
I donā€™t believe her. Maybe we will see a consistent video every week for a few weeks well she has some ideas but once she runs out, it will be a excuse Iā€™m so busy/unwell to explain her lack of videos. She has nothing to brag about, I donā€™t think we will ever go back to the Joe era style videos unless she finds a man who loves to vlog too and they can brag together about happy family life.

I donā€™t believe her. Maybe we will see a consistent video every week for a few weeks well she has some ideas but once she runs out, it will be a excuse Iā€™m so busy/unwell to explain her lack of videos. She has nothing to brag about, I donā€™t think we will ever go back to the Joe era style videos unless she finds a man who loves to vlog too and they can brag together about happy family life.
Iā€™ve heard mommy blogging is very lucrative. I wonder if weā€™ll see Elle do that when she manages to find another Rick or pulls a Ginette...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
For the sake of humanity, I hope she never has kids. They'd be as full of themselves as she is. The best at everything. So talented. So organised. So European. So fair. So small-nosed. So entrepreneurial. So LaWyErLy. So multilingual. So skilled in cooking. So aesthetically pleasing. So hardworking. So graceful. So delicate. So clawsy. So feminine. So sophisticated.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I donā€™t think we will ever go back to the Joe era style videos
Her life did not unfold linearly, did it? It stalled on her. She did fairly well get through school and interns, held some type of job, and then nothing.

She got stuck on repeat and blasted it to the whole world. She has aged but is still stuck at the bottom of the escalator (department store analogy) trying to do the thing she wanted to do at a certain age.

It seems that everything about her is stuck developmentally at that point. Without a guy, she cannot go forward. There has been no growth since her main job. So no, no Joe-era-style videos.

• Heart
Her life did not unfold linearly, did it? It stalled on her. She did fairly well get through school and interns, held some type of job, and then nothing.

She got stuck on repeat and blasted it to the whole world. She has aged but is still stuck at the bottom of the escalator (department store analogy) trying to do the thing she wanted to do at a certain age.

It seems that everything about her is stuck developmentally at that point. Without a guy, she cannot go forward. There has been no growth since her main job. So no, no Joe-era-style videos.
I don't know why she was so shocked when Joe dumped her. She treated him like an ATM and accessory to show off to The Dolls when she needed him, and trash when she didn't.

Reactions: 10

Exactly, and this is what makes her so fascinating...because all the other YouTubers seem to have so much going on in their lives, with engagements and weddings and babies and brand deals and friends and family, and all Elle has is moving from one tiny apartment to another with her cats and her cashmere and her mother in tow. The fact that she continues to act as though her life is perfect, aspirational even, just adds to the pathos that makes her so weirdly compelling.

Reactions: 15
The fact that she continues to act as though her life is perfect, aspirational even, just adds to the pathos that makes her so weirdly compelling.
Sweet Jesus, so that is why I look? So there is nothing wrong with me for looking, it's all wrong with her for being the way she is...:p

• Haha
Sweet Jesus, so that is why I look? So there is nothing wrong with me for looking, it's all wrong with her for being the way she is...:p
Yes! And the thing is, if she actually just owned her failure and allowed herself to be vulnerable and say 'hey, you know, this is not exactly where I hoped to be at this point in my life, but I'm doing my best to make it work', most of us would have so much more respect for her! It would also make her way more human and relatable and, if anything, would probably increase her views. But nope, she'd rather be stubborn and stuck-up and scammy instead.

Any thoughts about when her next upload will be? She clearly doesnā€™t follow a schedule anymore. I donā€™t think sheā€™ll upload anything else this munt because she STILL has nothing going on. I expect her to put up a video next munt to launch Spring/Simmer scarves and fugly pearls to cash in on Motherā€™s Day. If she really wanted to do something for International Womenā€™s day she could have sent 30- 50% of the money from jewelry & scarf sales through the end of March to the women in Nepal again, specifically struggling women-owned small businesses or a local womenā€™s charity in the US, or more specifically, Seattle.

Also, when was the last time she did a lattes and literature video? Thatā€™s an easy upload, Elle. Unless youā€™re too busy scavenging the PNW for d to read. I know all that skiing must be really wearing you out! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Any thoughts about when her next upload will be? She clearly doesnā€™t follow a schedule anymore. I donā€™t think sheā€™ll upload anything else this munt because she STILL has nothing going on. I expect her to put up a video next munt to launch Spring/Simmer scarves and fugly pearls to cash in on Motherā€™s Day. If she really wanted to do something for International Womenā€™s day she could have sent 30- 50% of the money from jewelry & scarf sales through the end of March to the women in Nepal again, specifically struggling women-owned small businesses or a local womenā€™s charity in the US, or more specifically, Seattle.

Also, when was the last time she did a lattes and literature video? Thatā€™s an easy upload, Elle. Unless youā€™re too busy scavenging the PNW for d to read. I know all that skiing must be really wearing you out! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
There have been SO MANY requests for her to upload business-related videos lately, but all we get are crickets from her end. If Smelle really wants to up her subscriber count with having to routinely fake subscribers, create content that your audience wants! She even mentions ā€œsourcing pearlsā€ as one of the key activities she does for hours on end in her Target chair.

Reactions: 9

Those lattes and lit videos don't give her a lot of opportunity for shameless magiclinks plugs so she's not interested. Plus I don't know who'd watch that. Karens are past chick lit stage.

I think there will be some cringey spring scarf collection reveal video and maybe some spring faves/ wants video. Anyway, I lost all hope for her a long time ago. She's boring AF and the joy this forum brings me is the only reason why I'm still sparing space in my brain on this nitwit.

And I agree that if she had a tiniest bit of brain, she would have offered a women's day discount on her crappy wares or donated 50% profit.

Reactions: 12
Exactly, and this is what makes her so fascinating...because all the other YouTubers seem to have so much going on in their lives, with engagements and weddings and babies and brand deals and friends and family, and all Elle has is moving from one tiny apartment to another with her cats and her cashmere and her mother in tow. The fact that she continues to act as though her life is perfect, aspirational even, just adds to the pathos that makes her so weirdly compelling.
Thereā€™s actually a lot of content she could do without a man! Most influencers donā€™t rely on having a partner for content creation, especially when she isnā€™t even a mommy blogger and those people technically donā€™t need a partner to vlog about either. A lot of influencers have been married for years or are in long term relationships, and weā€™ve never seen their partners on yt. Itā€™s so strange that she was making videos regularly before Chris and Joe came into the picture and after that breakup, she seems to have given up on her channel outside of the bare minimum to shill her stuff.

• Heart
Thereā€™s actually a lot of content she could do without a man!
Sure, but SHE is stuck there. Its like she had a checklist and because she can't check off having a guy, she can't move forward and DO other content. Think of before Chris and Joe as things 1-7. Thing 8 is a man.

Itā€™s so strange that she was making videos regularly before Chris and Joe came into the picture and after that breakup, she seems to have given up on her channel outside of the bare minimum to shill her stuff.
She cannot do 9 or 10 until 8 is done. Her earlier work was her growing up past college. Now there is nothing for her to do. At least this is the way I see it.

• Heart
View attachment 473974

Dolls: Chatting and keeping warm under the blankets.

Elle: ā€œThcoot over, guyth. What are you talking about? Letā€™th take a picture for Inthtagram. Make thumb room under the blanket for meeeee. Make sure the wordth on the blanket are showing front and thenter, hyuh, hyuh, hyuh. Ok girlth... thay cheeeeeeeeth. Hyuh, hyuh, hyuh. Doll BBFth furrrreverrrrrr!ā€
Reminds me of this particular rabbit from the old Disney Robin Hood.

Mama, Mama, Wait For Me!

For the sake of humanity, I hope she never has kids. They'd be as full of themselves as she is. The best at everything. So talented. So organised. So European. So fair. So small-nosed. So entrepreneurial. So LaWyErLy. So multilingual. So skilled in cooking. So aesthetically pleasing. So hardworking. So graceful. So delicate. So clawsy. So feminine. So sophisticated.
I tend to lean the other way and think that her kids will be so BADGERED by her that they will be worn out or struggle to do the bare minimum in life. She certainly won't be teaching them how to succeed in life.

Reactions: 6
This might be what Chris and Joe saw as well. No point in making Elle the mother of their children. Going to work while she outspends what they make. Can you imagine the clothing she would buy if she had a girl?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.