Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found the listing for where she is living. I won't reveal the name, but if you know Seattle it's pretty easy to figure out the view and then narrow it down from there.

The rent in the building for a one-bedroom ranges from $1950 to $2270, and the apartment is under 700 square feet. The building is new and actually has a big rooftop patio/greenspace -- expect outfit videos from that location!

There is a bus stop right outside her door, which is good since she lives outside of downtown. There's not a ton of things in the immediate area (nearest coffee shop is a 10 minute walk) but she is super close to a walking/biking path on the lake and there are bike paths right to downtown.

Seattle is way more spread out and not as nice as Vancouver, but still... this place is a huge downgrade! It's sorta out of the way and seems small and sad. She could have found something way nicer in Vancouver for the same price.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
After three weeks with no videos, I'm surprised that this isn't a fully-furnished apartment tour. If I were a subscriber, I'd be disappointed. All her apartments before this one were so lovely. Not just the waterfront luxury apartment, but even her pre-Joe "bachelorette" pad. And her post-Joe apartment was like a palace compared to this one. This unit looks so tiny and cold!

Reactions: 8
I found the listing for where she is living. I won't reveal the name, but if you know Seattle it's pretty easy to figure out the view and then narrow it down from there.

The rent in the building for a one-bedroom ranges from $1950 to $2270, and the apartment is under 700 square feet. The building is new and actually has a big rooftop patio/greenspace -- expect outfit videos from that location!

There is a bus stop right outside her door, which is good since she lives outside of downtown. There's not a ton of things in the immediate area (nearest coffee shop is a 10 minute walk) but she is super close to a walking/biking path on the lake and there are bike paths right to downtown.

Seattle is way more spread out and not as nice as Vancouver, but still... this place is a huge downgrade! It's sorta out of the way and seems small and sad. She could have found something way nicer in Vancouver for the same price.
Oh that's actually really cheap, especially compared to her Vancouver era apartments (even when she lived alone) and definitely not 800 sq ft as she claimed (lying again?!?!).

I'm surprised she's choosing to live so far out from downtown Seattle. I'm guessing it's the proximity to the tech office and therefore programmer guys with a nice salary that's she's after. That and trying to pay less for the apartment.

Reactions: 10
Oh that's actually really cheap, especially compared to her Vancouver era apartments (even when she lived alone) and definitely not 800 sq ft as she claimed (lying again?!?!).

I'm surprised she's choosing to live so far out from downtown Seattle. I'm guessing it's the proximity to the tech office and therefore programmer guys with a nice salary that's she's after. That and trying to pay less for the apartment.
Yes, it is certainly cheap. What’s going on, Elle? You’re a practicing lawyer, adjunct professor, and Seattle business owner (not to mention jewelry and fashion designer) and this is all you can afford?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do you ladies know how much something like this would go for? Is Seattle rent more or less than Vancouver? Something tells me it would be harder for Elle to afford something similar to this (square-footage-wise) if she was back in Vancouver

Watch her hang that large poster print-out of her old Vancouver view when she lived with Joe 😂
Seattle resident checking in here! Seattle rent I think is pretty on par with Vancouver. For how many actual brand new apartments I think her place looks super dingy. My apartment has doors closing off the bedroom and floor to ceiling windows and I'm on a much higher rise building. She's not even in an ideal location. My guess is she's trying to bag a certain tech company guy near by?

Reactions: 13
After three weeks with no videos, I'm surprised that this isn't a fully-furnished apartment tour. If I were a subscriber, I'd be disappointed. All her apartments before this one were so lovely. Not just the waterfront luxury apartment, but even her pre-Joe "bachelorette" pad. And her post-Joe apartment was like a palace compared to this one. This unit looks so tiny and cold!
Personally I didn't find any of her apartments (except for the one Joe paid for) nice.
The one she lived in before moving in with Chris was rather dated.
Then she was in Chris' condo - the downstairs area was cool and spacious but the bedroom was ridiculously small. Afterwards there was the apartment where she had that nasty nook with her shoes worn outdoors exhibited on a cupboard as if it was some sort of museum. The 'living room' was kinda narrow.
Then there was the apartment she shared with Joe - spacious living room but the weirdly shaped bedroom would give me anxiety 😂
After the breakup was the 'industrial' cave with a bedroom behind a mirrored door and following her engagement she lived in a Florida swamp-dump bungalow which she was so embarrassed of that we never saw more than 5s of it.

Maybe I'm harsh but I live in Europe and apartments here are really a lot more spacious than what Smelle lived in.

Reactions: 7
Personally I didn't find any of her apartments (except for the one Joe paid for) nice.
The one she lived in before moving in with Chris was rather dated.
Then she was in Chris' condo - the downstairs area was cool and spacious but the bedroom was ridiculously small. Afterwards there was the apartment where she had that nasty nook with her shoes worn outdoors exhibited on a cupboard as if it was some sort of museum. The 'living room' was kinda narrow.
Then there was the apartment she shared with Joe - spacious living room but the weirdly shaped bedroom would give me anxiety 😂
After the breakup was the 'industrial' cave with a bedroom behind a mirrored door and following her engagement she lived in a Florida swamp-dump bungalow which she was so embarrassed of that we never saw more than 5s of it.

Maybe I'm harsh but I live in Europe and apartments here are really a lot more spacious than what Smelle lived in.
You're not being harsh or snobby. I live in a large city in Canada that isn't Vancouver with high real estate prices and I live in a 4 bedroom townhouse that's ~2,500 square feet. Her places have all been really crowded and small, including the place with Chris. The Joe apartment was the only nice apartment.

I've also lived in cities more expensive than Seattle and Vancouver rent-wise (think New York, London, Hong Kong) and all my ~600 sq ft apartments then looked larger than all of Elle's supposedly 700/800 sq ft apartments so I'm not sure what going on. Maybe my agents were all bad at math and I got some steals. :ROFLMAO:

And what's up with the click bait title? She's not even interesting? And are fobs not a thing in Canada? The finish of her kitchen feels cheap. Her stove isn't even gas stove, but that may be a feature for luxury apartments only. Her view of the lake isn't that impressive. If she really wanted a nice view she should have sprung for the view of the Puget Sound, but my guess is she couldn't afford it or had the credit to rent a nicer apartment. Her apartment reminds me of my first apartment out of college when I essentially had no credit.

Reactions: 11
I had to laugh when she mentioned that it was good that there were no awkward hallways...yeah, that's because there's NOWHERE TO GO, Elle. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why hasn’t Ginette outright purchased a condo for Elle? I was under the impression that she was in a financial position to do so with the sale of her Victoria home (and I presume her Vancouver home since Elle moved to Florida at the time?)
She could charge Elle half or 80% of the rent if she really wanted to. Plus if Elle was on the mortgage it would do her some good and build some equity.

Is she -gasp- trying to teach Elle a lesson here? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And what's up with the click bait title? She's not even interesting? And are fobs not a thing in Canada? The finish of her kitchen feels cheap. Her stove isn't even gas stove, but that may be a feature for luxury apartments only. Her view of the lake isn't that impressive. If she really wanted a nice view she should have sprung for the view of the Puget Sound, but my guess is she couldn't afford it or had the credit to rent a nicer apartment. Her apartment reminds me of my first apartment out of college when I essentially had no credit.
I feel like I have to constantly defend Canada on this thread because Smelley constantly does things that insults us. :ROFLMAO:

Canadians have fobs. We also don't slam the door on people's faces when going to Nordstrom. We also have high-rise apartments with very nice views that aren't a parking lot. 🤪

• Haha
I had to laugh when she mentioned that it was good that there were no awkward hallways...yeah, that's because there's NOWHERE TO GO, Elle. :rolleyes:
How awkward do you have to be to be awkward walking down a hallway? Just go straight.

Reactions: 6
Why hasn’t Ginette outright purchased a condo for Elle? I was under the impression that she was in a financial position to do so with the sale of her Victoria home (and I presume her Vancouver home since Elle moved to Florida at the time?)
She could charge Elle half or 80% of the rent if she really wanted to. Plus if Elle was on the mortgage it would do her some good and build some equity.

Is she -gasp- trying to teach Elle a lesson here? 😂
I think given Elle's history of moving constantly, Ginette probably thought it better not to saddle herself with a purchased apartment. If Smelley leaves Seattle, Mama G will have to sell or manage the apartment somehow. Managing tenants can be a huge pain, especially when you don't live in that city.

Reactions: 3
I just finished the video and she moved out of her Airbnb according to their site THREE weeks ago. This was filmed THREE weeks ago. What the duck? I thought there would be a furnished part of the video. How bleeping lazy is this witch

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m sorry but don’t apartments get cleaned before a new tenant moves in?? That unit looks so dirty (i.e kitchen counter and stove top :sick:) I’m so confused.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I’m sorry but don’t apartments get cleaned before a new tenant moves in?? That unit looks so dirty (i.e kitchen counter and stove top :sick:) I’m so confused.
I think they are supposed to, the last apartment I lived in on move in day it was pretty gross, and I called the leasing company and they sent a cleaner. But the cleaner they sent was about 70+ years old and had an oxygen tank so I felt awful, she ended up just cleaning the tub and sinks for me before I was able to insist the rest was "fine" .

• Wow
Fellow Seattle-ite here! You’re spot on about the gas stove. Seattle has a ton of buildings like Elle’s that we’re built quickly and on the cheap to keep up with the rising demand from the influx of tech workers. While still nice, a lot of the appliances and finishes are more on the cheap side. Electric stoves are a hell of a lot cheaper to install because it means they don’t have to run gas lines to every apartment. When my fiancé and I were looking for apartments a while back, buildings with gas stoves were either found in ultra lux apartments or in condos where you rent directly from the owner, which were also more on the pricey side.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Fellow Seattle-ite here! You’re spot on about the gas stove. Seattle has a ton of buildings like Elle’s that we’re built quickly and on the cheap to keep up with the rising demand from the influx of tech workers. While still nice, a lot of the appliances and finishes are more on the cheap side. Electric stoves are a hell of a lot cheaper to install because it means they don’t have to run gas lines to every apartment. When my fiancé and I were looking for apartments a while back, buildings with gas stoves were either found in ultra lux apartments or in condos where you rent directly from the owner, which were also more on the pricey side.
Anyone that actually knows anything about "cocking" knows that gas stoves are better.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Elle vacated her AirBnB at the beginning of June 2020. She got the keys to this place probably June 1, 2020, and had a full week to film this video and move her two suitcases stuffed with her 14 new capsule wardrobes into her hobbit hole. Then it took her three full weeks to edit this video. If she had four full weeks she would have been able to edit that “THREE...” out, but how can you expect a busy practicing lawyer, full time law professor, jewelry and fashion designer, local Seattle business owner to edit a 9 minute video in such an unreasonable time span of three weeks? What are you, online bullies or something? Get a life.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My previous apartment was about 630 square feet and it was definitely more spacious than what Elle currently has. This one looks between 450 - 550. How has her apartment not been cleaned before moving in? We had our agent get cleaners and sort the apartment before we even collected our keys.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.