Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still in a starter rental apartment. What is exciting about that? It shows the lack of progress.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Her hair is so greasy here...

Elle has an ugly room yet again. She says its formal name is a den, but it looks like a storage/pantry room to me. Unless den has a completely different meaning in Canada.

That apartment is a dump, sorry. It is small and literally next to an industrial parking lot/garage(?). How is that “pretty”?!

Notice how she is again moving into a pretty small/dingy/dark apartment now that a man is not bankrolling the space. The industrial parking lot view is a nice touch too, especially compared to the nice Vancouver city + water view that she made Joe pay for. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think this shows that mommy is either running out of money or tightening the purse strings / I doubt she could get a more expensive place even if her mom wanted to pay for it since Elle has no job, makes it harder to get a lease.

Reactions: 11
I think this shows that mommy is either running out of money or tightening the purse strings / I doubt she could get a more expensive place even if her mom wanted to pay for it since Elle has no job, makes it harder to get a lease.
God, can you imagine how embarrassing it is to co-sign a lease with your mother in your 30s?! I die... 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
One of my biggest pet peeves with her is when she says she want to “show us something” and then pivots but stays in the frame! Girl! If you stay in the frame, the camera focuses on you (I’m sure that’s her point but whatever) and all we can see if your stupid smirk. That apartment tour was literally a video of her going “wow” and “oh my gosh you guys look” while keeping the camera pointed at herself and not focusing on anything. I couldn’t even get through the whole thing.

I do love that she clearly kept her man search in mind with this apartment - it’s right across the street from the Seattle office of a giant Silicon Valley tech company that’s known for paying their employees extremely well.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
One of my biggest pet peeves with her is when she says she want to “show us something” and then pivots but stays in the frame! Girl! If you stay in the frame, the camera focuses on you (I’m sure that’s her point but whatever) and all we can see if your stupid smirk. That apartment tour was literally a video of her going “wow” and “oh my gosh you guys look” while keeping the camera pointed at herself and not focusing on anything. I couldn’t even get through the whole thing.

I do love that she clearly kept her man search in mind with this apartment - it’s right across the street from the Seattle office of a giant Silicon Valley tech company that’s known for paying their employees extremely well.😂
Gotta give credit where it's due with Eleanor Lecocq...always man hunting regardless of the city, circumstances, or a global pandemic. Keeping her eye on the prize. A plus for effort, D for execution (but I bet Elle's used to Ds given the sheer number of men she's gone through to get hitched asap and leech off his salary).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

She reads these Tattle posts thoroughly. How else would she know about all the entertainment her 321s have brought the world? It’s been mentioned in comments for almost a decade and no change. But suddenly... out of nowhere...

Hahaha great minds!
I re-watched it and it’s so bizarre how quickly it comes out of her mouth. Like she’s not even thinking about it. It’s not a conscious decision to say it. It just rolls out of her mouth and then she caught herself after. But it was too much trouble to edit it out of the video?? That, honestly, and I am no psychologist, but that’s not right. When your brain automatically tries to reset itself beyond your control like that, that cannot be right.
It’s as if she’s living her life like it’s a movie with people watching, right? And by 3,2,1-ing, she can “reset” the film to a new beginning and erase everything before it for the viewers in her head. Like it’s a way of controlling the narrative and image people see of her by resetting it.
Like, that’s just not right. That seems like a real mental problem, and while I absolutely want her to suffer the consequences of her actions, I do also want her to get help with that.

• Sad
I can't even gloat over how disappointing that apartment is. I was expecting something much more classy and spectacular. Elle's current situation reminds me of that saying - 'humble yourself or life will do it for you'

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Still in a starter rental apartment. What is exciting about that? It shows the lack of progress.
Do you ladies know how much something like this would go for? Is Seattle rent more or less than Vancouver? Something tells me it would be harder for Elle to afford something similar to this (square-footage-wise) if she was back in Vancouver

Notice how she is again moving into a pretty small/dingy/dark apartment now that a man is not bankrolling the space. The industrial parking lot view is a nice touch too, especially compared to the nice Vancouver city + water view that she made Joe pay for. :ROFLMAO:
Watch her hang that large poster print-out of her old Vancouver view when she lived with Joe 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can't even gloat over how disappointing that apartment is. I was expecting something much more classy and spectacular. Elle's current situation reminds me of that saying - 'humble yourself or life will do it for you'
Honestly, my apartment is nicer than Elle’s. And it IS a one-bedroom with a window and everything. And while my apartment is advertised as a “luxury” apartment, it’s in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, how “luxury” could it be? Certainly not Seattle-luxury.

• Haha
I re-watched it and it’s so bizarre how quickly it comes out of her mouth. Like she’s not even thinking about it. It’s not a conscious decision to say it. It just rolls out of her mouth and then she caught herself after. But it was too much trouble to edit it out of the video?? That, honestly, and I am no psychologist, but that’s not right. When your brain automatically tries to reset itself beyond your control like that, that cannot be right.
It’s as if she’s living her life like it’s a movie with people watching, right? And by 3,2,1-ing, she can “reset” the film to a new beginning and erase everything before it for the viewers in her head. Like it’s a way of controlling the narrative and image people see of her by resetting it.
Like, that’s just not right. That seems like a real mental problem, and while I absolutely want her to suffer the consequences of her actions, I do also want her to get help with that.
The 3-2-1 thing is SO WEIRD. I used to think it was an editing thing (tells her when to cut clips and such) but it's been going on for YEARS and often, she'll do it randomly in the middle of speaking, pause or twitch, and start talking again without reason (sometimes it's done when she's forgotten what to say next but often it just bursts out). I wonder if it's a stress or anxiety induced behavioral tic that she can't control.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Apparently, studios with a dividing wall are referred to as “urban one bedrooms” in Seattle. It’s different from a true one bedroom, which legally must have a window. Basically, she was just saying “this is a one bedroom apartment”. Thanks for the info, Elle! I would have never known that was a one bedroom apartment. Of course, that doesn’t take away from how depressing it looks! If it looks this bad empty, imagine once you fill it with all your hideous crap, Elle!
The no window situation is a studio (and even then technically the “bedroom part” has a window that’s shared between the open space of the entire apartment). Definitely not a real one bedroom apartment, as those must have two ways of exiting in case of emergency (i.e. door and window), legally speaking. As usual, Elle is twisting the truth to make her apartment sound better.

Gotta milk those house tours/decorating videos by making as many videos as possible lol. I didn’t even get through a quarter of this one.

The 3-2-1 thing is SO WEIRD. I used to think it was an editing thing (tells her when to cut clips and such) but it's been going on for YEARS and often, she'll do it randomly in the middle of speaking, pause or twitch, and start talking again without reason (sometimes it's done when she's forgotten what to say next but often it just bursts out). I wonder if it's a stress or anxiety induced behavioral tic that she can't control.
Yeah, I agree that it definitely stems from anxiety. We’ve really only seen her so it when filming videos by herself which would make me think she’s aware of it and is doing it on purpose, but when we saw her do it on a live panel in front of people, that tit became all too real. I think that’s when I was like “no this is beyond her control and actually a problem.” I think she gets anxious when filming because she’s soooo insecure and worried about coming off the right way, and being on a panel is a stressful situation especially when you’re Elle and need everyone to look up to you and want to be you because you’re so unhappy being yourself that you need validation from others that you’re all right.

• Wow
Apparently, studios with a dividing wall are referred to as “urban one bedrooms” in Seattle. It’s different from a true one bedroom, which legally must have a window. Basically, she was just saying “this is a one bedroom apartment”. Thanks for the info, Elle! I would have never known that was a one bedroom apartment. Of course, that doesn’t take away from how depressing it looks! If it looks this bad empty, imagine once you fill it with all your hideous crap, Elle!
Thank you for the explanation! Maybe it's just me but that sounds like a marketing gimmick that real estate agents spout to make a place seem bigger than it really is but fair enough if it's a Seattle thing. My understanding has always been that a proper bedroom has a closet and at least two viable exits (door(s) + window(s)) legally speaking within most of North America.

I couldn't stomach the entire video but how big is it? It looked super cramped in the two min that I did watch, but I think that might've been because Eleanor was crowding the camera with her mug.

Reactions: 4
I much prefer the apartment that Elle lived in before she moved in with Joe. The kitchen and bathroom were nicer. It always seemed light and bright.

Reactions: 8
Thank you for the explanation! Maybe it's just me but that sounds like a marketing gimmick that real estate agents spout to make a place seem bigger than it really is but fair enough if it's a Seattle thing. My understanding has always been that a proper bedroom has a closet and at least two viable exits (door(s) + window(s)) legally speaking within most of North America.

I couldn't stomach the entire video but how big is it? It looked super cramped in the two min that I did watch, but I think that might've been because Eleanor was crowding the camera with her mug.
Definitely her smallest place yet.

Yeah, I agree that it definitely stems from anxiety. We’ve really only seen her so it when filming videos by herself which would make me think she’s aware of it and is doing it on purpose, but when we saw her do it on a live panel in front of people, that tit became all too real. I think that’s when I was like “no this is beyond her control and actually a problem.” I think she gets anxious when filming because she’s soooo insecure and worried about coming off the right way, and being on a panel is a stressful situation especially when you’re Elle and need everyone to look up to you and want to be you because you’re so unhappy being yourself that you need validation from others that you’re all right.
Must be some coping strategy she or a therapist has come up with whenever she gets the nerves. But it's too strange and I'm not sure healthy, and will probably freak ppl out in person. If I were her, I'd try to find an alternative option but Elle has proven that she never listens to any of us so I'm not sure why I bothered suggesting this. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Her hair is so greasy here...

Elle has an ugly room yet again. She says its formal name is a den, but it looks like a storage/pantry room to me. Unless den has a completely different meaning in Canada.

That apartment is a dump, sorry. It is small and literally next to an industrial parking lot/garage(?). How is that “pretty”?!
Maybe it reminds Smelle of her childhood home in Victoria where the view included a parking lot in the foreground 😉

Also, what's with that black top? It looks like she bought it in H&M in 2007.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Y
Definitely her smallest place yet.
Yes, it does look quite small. The kitchen is decent sized, and so is the walk-in closet and storage room where the washer/dryer are. But the living room is tiny and overall I found it dingy and depressing. She claims it is about/almost 800 square feet. It doesn’t look it to me. Anyone know how much a place like that would be in Seattle/where in the city it is located?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.