Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't you ladies find it strange that Elle has never commented on anything race or social justice related until people called her out recently? And even then, her comment seems more like she's trying to pander to the Black community than showing any true frustration or anger at what's going on.

I also think it should be pointed out that when Elle was in Vancouver, she didn't seem to have a single non-white friend or ex, despite the fact that less than 50% of people living in the city are white. I'm pretty convinced she is low-key racist. Cry me a river, Smelle, but there's no way I'd ever believe that you care about the plight of anyone but yourself, and you definitely don't care about minorities.

Reactions: 16
I’m glad you posted this because I had a gut feeling she made that instastory due to one or several of her followers probably asking her why she wasn’t commenting about George Floyd.

Personally I don’t think Elle gives a tit about systemic racism in the US or knows anything about it. Admit it, Smelley.

This!! And the words of her post demonstrate she has no desire to educate herself on the matter either! Her post is racist.

Reactions: 11
Haha, sadly, I can see Elle being one of those white people who say, “I’m not racist, I had a coworker friend who is Black and another who is Asian!” 🤣

It would be interesting to know how Elle would feel if one of her hypothetical children (if she EVER has them) decided to date or marry a person of color. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hate to do this, but...

Do we really need to hear Elle Florence's hot takes on racial injustice in the US? I don't know who this cookbooklockdown (or whatever) person is but I don't hold it against Elle that she did not post about the protests. The comment about Elle's race was uncalled for.

We can all agree Elle is a privileged, entitled twit. And that is exactly why I do not give a rat's ass what she feels/thinks about the protests. It's pandering and self-congratulatory and not needed. Elle is not inspiring anyone to go out there and be better. Her watchers/followers want to talk about lip gloss, Chanel, and farty old lady pearls. It's not that deep for her. It makes me uncomfortable that we constantly demand "public" figures to talk on subjects they know jack about lest they be cancelled.

Reactions: 15

Do we really need to hear Elle Florence's hot takes on racial injustice in the US? I don't know who this cookbooklockdown (or whatever) person is but I don't hold it against Elle that she did not post about the protests. The comment about Elle's race was uncalled for.

We can all agree Elle is a privileged, entitled twit. And that is exactly why I do not give a rat's ass what she feels/thinks about the protests. It's pandering and self-congratulatory and not needed. Elle is not inspiring anyone to go out there and be better. Her watchers/followers want to talk about lip gloss, Chanel, and farty old lady pearls. It's not that deep for her. It makes me uncomfortable that we constantly demand "public" figures to talk on subjects they know jack about lest they be cancelled.
I mostly agree with you. Elle, though her reasoning was faulty, she was on the right track in saying no one needed to hear her hot takes. Her post tiptoed around the issue so no one would rip her a new one. Elle doesn’t have the critical thinking ability to come up with any opinion.

Reactions: 5

You must be white, therefore have privilege.
It is important for influencers to talk and post about racism because it seems like most idiots in the world look to them for advice. Not new, books, or their own brain. People need to know so that people of color don't just get killed for being black, but maybe you've never felt this burden or fear in your life. I'm glad you never have to have to same conversation with your kids as a black person does. Good for you. Live in your ignorant bliss. Avocadont

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You must be white, therefore have privilege.
It is important for influencers to talk and post about racism because it seems like most idiots in the world look to them for advice. Not new, books, or their own brain. People need to know so that people of color don't just get killed for being black, but maybe you've never felt this burden or fear in your life. I'm glad you never have to have to same conversation with your kids as a black person does. Good for you. Live in your ignorant bliss. Avocadont
Actually, I'm half Italian and half black. I have had this conversation before both with my parents and with my brother. You are not, I am assuming, black... so don't a) come for me and b) speak for me. Your hot take is like Elle's--not required.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm sorry but I feel so stupid reading her post and then looking at the comments praising her for speaking out. Is she saying posting about things online does nothing and thats why she doesn't ever post about these things??

I understand that you have to do things in real life but wtf has she ever done?!?! The only reason she's doing a sad attempt at a fundraiser now for nurses is because it lines her pockets!! and the only reason she made this post is bc she's been called out.

omg Im really angry right now tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Exactly.

People who follow Elle are not those who engage in introspection. The fact that people are tripping all over themselves to thank her for her tone deaf, privileged take is nauseating to me. Some people are better off just saying nothing. Who is Elle going to convince to actually do something? No one. They'll double tap and scroll on by.

Reactions: 8
I'm sorry but I feel so stupid reading her post and then looking at the comments praising her for speaking out. Is she saying posting about things online does nothing and thats why she doesn't ever post about these things??

I understand that you have to do things in real life but wtf has she ever done?!?! The only reason she's doing a sad attempt at a fundraiser now for nurses is because it lines her pockets!! and the only reason she made this post is bc she's been called out.

omg Im really angry right now tbh.
She literally makes the most asinine comment that contributes NOTHING to the discussion of racism and treatment of the Black community. And you can clearly tell that her pointless comment was framed in a way that makes her look good and defends her action (or lack of in this case) more than anything else. It can basically be summed up as "I didn't post about social injustice because I don't think influencers should, not because I didn't care so stop calling me out for that."

Reactions: 13
She literally makes the most asinine comment that contributes NOTHING to the discussion of racism and treatment of the Black community. And you can clearly tell that her pointless comment was framed in a way that makes her look good and defends her action (or lack of in this case) more than anything else. It can basically be summed up as "I didn't post about social injustice because I don't think influencers should, not because I didn't care so stop calling me out for that."
Right!! I am completely flabbergasted reading what she wrote and then seeing people comment about how they're thankful she's speaking out. She's not speaking out and this is her telling you all she's not and won't be. Also, it feels very gross for her to be shifting the blame/responsibility onto everyone else and saying everyone needs to take action in real life and that she already is. But that's par for the course for her, she takes no accountability for anything. I'm sorry, but she is a horrible person to her core.

Reactions: 13
Right!! I am completely flabbergasted reading what she wrote and then seeing people comment about how they're thankful she's speaking out. She's not speaking out and this is her telling you all she's not and won't be. Also, it feels very gross for her to be shifting the blame/responsibility onto everyone else and saying everyone needs to take action in real life and that she already is. But that's par for the course for her, she takes no accountability for anything. I'm sorry, but she is a horrible person to her core.
We all know her "orchidee" collection isn't selling well and she's throwing in some fake pearls in a desperate attempt to clear inventory.

I'm totally ok with youtubers not commenting on subjects they don't know but her comment was just infuriating. Like you said, it's all about telling other people to do more and shifting the blame away from herself regarding her silence on the matter, while she tries to scam ppl for her own benefits by pandering her wares. Completely selfish and socially tone-deaf and not to mention, extremely HYPOCRITICAL.

Last edited:
Society is in a sorry state if we're at the point where anyone cares what some lying bimbo on the internet thinks about systemic racism. If that's actually the case, I no longer even give a tit if this pandemic wipes the whole bloody lot of us out. We deserve it.

ETA: Sorry, I am feeling a bit misanthropic tonight. Don't actually want everyone dead.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Elle’s post is so arrogant and self serving that she just needs to just shut the duck up.

And yes, her core is rotting with entitlement.

Reactions: 9
I don't know where I stand on whether or not influencers need to discuss deep-rooted systemic racism on their platforms.

I am a WOC but I am not Black. So perhaps I need to sit back, listen, and research as to what impact posting an IG story can have (if any). I get frustrated by those who only engage in online activism but at the same time, I can see the potential benefit of a tweet/IG post. A lot of people live in a bubble and if something an influencer says reaches them and makes them think, then alright I guess. That's something. It's not nearly enough but it's something.

Personally, I don't need to hear from Elle or any other beauty/fashion influencer because it doesn't add to the conversation for me. At the same time, I understand that not everyone enters the conversation with the same level of knowledge or understanding. If Elle is their entryway to enlightenment, then once I'm done laughing, I say welcome to the movement. There's a lot of bleeping work to be done, buckle up.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I kind of agree with you. For someone who doesn’t talk about social issues on her platforms, the post just seems like virtue signaling. Plus, if her followers are looking for her to comment, then those followers are just as daft as she is. No one (white or otherwise) should be coming to a white woman’s socials for a sound bite on racial injustice. They should be doing their own work and seeking out Black influencers, activists, writers, educators, etc on their own. What Elle could've done is link to resources, Black activists or organizations, but she didn’t (even if she doesn’t know any off the top of her head, she has Google).

I kind of agree with you. For someone who doesn’t talk about social issues on her platforms, the post just seems like virtue signaling. Plus, if her followers are looking for her to comment, then those followers are just as daft as she is. No one (white or otherwise) should be coming to a white woman’s socials for a sound bite on racial injustice. They should be doing their own work and seeking out Black influencers, activists, writers, educators, etc on their own. What Elle could've done is link to resources, Black activists or organizations, but she didn’t (even if she doesn’t know any off the top of her head, she has Google).
stay tuned for Elle’s black fresh water pearl earring collection with a whopping 5% going towards all lives matter initiatives!

• Haha
Also, let's not forget Elle is mostly Canadian. Why can't she just say, sorry, I don't understand this topic enough to make any meaningful comment?

I'm a WOC (not black, so probably don't know this well enough, pls pls pls correct me if this is inappropriate), lived in both Canada and the US. Social injustice and intersectionality landscape in these two countries are completely different. Also the level of police brutality, social welfare etc.

I don't know why she is still trying to make herself sound so good on a topic which she should straight up say 'sorry i don't know'.

Cap2.JPG

The person who inspired Elle's entire post is back!
And yep, @mininaz - that was my exact thought too...I'm sure once Elle sees this comment, the wheels in her head will be spinning about how to generate more sales while looking like she's helping fight social injustice. Elle probably doesn't give a damn about any of those issues since A) they don't affect her directly B) all she cares about is pushing pearls and getting more $$$ to blow
This is the same woman who probably got annoyed that the lockdown slowed down her dating efforts...all while people are dying or have more problems (such as financial) to worry about instead of worrying about what Reformation dress to buy next

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.