Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that they probably did fall out over something vs. just falling out of touch given how touchy Eleanor is whenever someone mentions Natalie. I can totally see Elle throwing a fit if Natalie spoke to her about the GG threads, insisting that she "doesn't answer to rumors" when we all know she's embarrassed that people have discovered her lies and have the receipts to back things up.
Meh... they are both narcissistic drama queens, so it's hard to think the friendship was actually real. My Daily Sweet probably got upset Elle didn't invite her to Vancouver again or something. I always thought her showing up at Elle's birthday party with a Louis Vuitton gift was sad, desperate, and a little creepy.

Reactions: 10
Took another look at Elle’s LinkedIn. Dates match the theory that she wasn’t given an offer from the law firm she articled at. Usually if you reject, it means you have an even better job offer at a different law firm lined up or you’re changing career direction. But Elle started her investigator job 5 months after ending her trainee stint, suggesting a serious job hunt was involved.

Sep 2013 - she ended her articling

Feb 2014 - started investigator job

• Heart
Reactions: 12
ladies, what is she talking about? Is she really working at the moment??
Elle never satisfactorily answers any question but instead her answer provokes further questions.

She would never do the “Assumptions about me” tag.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Let's wait a little for her to notice the comment. She'll either delete it or answer with her 'I prefer to keep my professional life private and I hope you can respect that' BS.

It’s difficult for me to believe what she is saying here given that she used to upload 30-40 minute vlogmas videos daily when she was living her best life in Vancouver with Joe and a full time job.
Don't forget if you are 1 of her best friends you also get a Christmas rat 😹
If you happen to be the mother of the boyfriend you not only get a rat but also a B-grade cashmere scarf!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s difficult for me to believe what she is saying here given that she used to upload 30-40 minute vlogmas videos daily when she was living her best life in Vancouver with Joe and a full time job.

If you happen to be the mother of the boyfriend you not only get a rat but also a B-grade cashmere scarf!
Did she gift the rodent & her own 'brand' scarf before or after Mt Nordstrom embarrassment? Why didn't she buy a joint gift with Joe? Also, why would she be so cheap with someone who invited her to stay at theirs for Thanksgiving, agreed to accept a pile of packages, and generally put up with her vlogging and doing makeup at the kitchen table? 🙄

My boyfriend and I buy gifts for his mom and my mom together. That way we can buy something more expensive for each of the moms plus it seems logical that since we live together, we'd be shopping for presents from our joint budget...

Did she gift the rodent & her own 'brand' scarf before or after Mt Nordstrom embarrassment? Why didn't she buy a joint gift with Joe? Also, why would she be so cheap with someone who invited her to stay at theirs for Thanksgiving, agreed to accept a pile of packages, and generally put up with her vlogging and doing makeup at the kitchen table? 🙄

My boyfriend and I buy gifts for his mom and my mom together. That way we can buy something more expensive for each of the moms plus it seems logical that since we live together, we'd be shopping for presents from our joint budget...
I believe Elle gifted those gifts after Mt. Nordstrom. I was so disgusted when I saw that; to me that was the epitome of her stinginess. I don’t know anyone personally who would be so tacky.

Like you, my fiancé and I use our joint account when we buy gifts for family. But because Elle was so “blindsided” when Joe dumped her ass, I don’t think she and Joe ever had a bank account together. 😂 Although I guess that’s smart for Joe. She would’ve wiped that account clean within a week.

Bleh, her personality matches her hair. Dirty and disgusting 🙄

No, I don't think they had a joint account. She wouldn't want a guy to know how much she spends on stuff. I can imagine she's one of those women who lie to their partners about prices of things e.g. tell them a $500 dress was a 'steal' for $100 or a lipstick for $50 was $20.

• Haha
Meh... they are both narcissistic drama queens, so it's hard to think the friendship was actually real. My Daily Sweet probably got upset Elle didn't invite her to Vancouver again or something. I always thought her showing up at Elle's birthday party with a Louis Vuitton gift was sad, desperate, and a little creepy.
My Daily Sweet seemed like she was sucking up to Elle for some reason I can't fathom.

Reactions: 7
Someone mentioned here how spending money and living well but within one’s means while also saving and investing is an art that Elle fails at and I couldn’t agree more! Sure, it is not easy. It means planning well and being disciplined, but it also means knowing how to get true value out of what you buy/spend money on. In other words, you have to have an eye for quality and also know how to strike a balance between saving and spending and between material goods and experiences. But Elle goes out of her way to get it all wrong — she buys too much makeup and clothing and most of what she buys is overpriced and unnecessary or bought for the wrong reasons, e.g., to keep up appearances rather than to truly enjoy and get value out of. She also has zero self-control: when she decides she wants a briefcase so she can own something that makes her feel like a “girlboss”, not because she actually needs one, she doesn’t buy one, but two, because she cannot let a “good deal” go. And of course, because she has no taste, she buys overpriced items because she thinks name brands signal value. Logos and labels are important to her, but she won’t venture out beyond the luxury brands other YouTubers buy or whatever brands she can buy at Nordstrom. She doesn’t travel anywhere other than Hawaii, owns poor quality or silver Tiffany & Co. jewelry, doesn’t own any original art, and rarely (or never?) makes purchases based on practicality (e.g., she buys herself a Pashley bike because it looks good, not because it’s a reasonably-priced bike she’ll get good use out of). Overall, it’s just sad to see how someone can spend so much money yet get so little value out of it! Her purchases are clearly not making her happy — she is constantly buying more and more because she is never fully satisfied.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She only sent Sophie Shohet a Christmas rodent so Sophie would talk about it on her channel
I don't get Eleanor's obsession with Sophie Shohet. Sophie seems very sweet and humble but she's not some famous YouTuber so I don't get sending her stuff in hopes of a shoutout. It seems random and desperate.

Sophie's style is also literally the worst -- so, so tacky and a gross obsession with branded stuff -- so not sure if she is Elle's style inspiration or something?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
While nobody here can 100% say what happened between Elle and Joe (who paid for what, etc. - and until Elle or Joe confirm, yes, it's all just speculation), I agree it's so lazy of Elle to go to Drybar 2x/week to have someone wash her hair. How hard can it be to wash your hair?!

I feel kinda tricked by Elle. I really thought she was pretty. But I guess less tricked than those who bought her pearls. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4
OMG I just had a brilliant idea for Elle to expand her business!!! 😸

She should start making cat & dog (& possibly rodent) collars & accessories using her pearls 🐱🐶🐭🐹🐰 It would be purrfect, just in time for Christmas!

You're so super welcome Elle! I will accept commission as thanks for my genius 😉

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Elle has the same bag as Kim Kardashian:

View attachment 301584
Kim is less than a decade older than Smelle, and has managed to marry three times already while Eleanor Florence is at 0, much to her chagrin. I can see why Elle would want to imitate Kim given what we know about Smelley. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I don't get Eleanor's obsession with Sophie Shohet. Sophie seems very sweet and humble but she's not some famous YouTuber so I don't get sending her stuff in hopes of a shoutout. It seems random and desperate.

Sophie's style is also literally the worst -- so, so tacky and a gross obsession with branded stuff -- so not sure if she is Elle's style inspiration or something?
I actually don’t mind Sophie. She’s a no-BS kind of person. The only critical thing I can say about her is that her video content can be a little redundant at times.

Someone mentioned here how spending money and living well but within one’s means while also saving and investing is an art that Elle fails at and I couldn’t agree more! Sure, it is not easy. It means planning well and being disciplined, but it also means knowing how to get true value out of what you buy/spend money on. In other words, you have to have an eye for quality and also know how to strike a balance between saving and spending and between material goods and experiences. But Elle goes out of her way to get it all wrong — she buys too much makeup and clothing and most of what she buys is overpriced and unnecessary or bought for the wrong reasons, e.g., to keep up appearances rather than to truly enjoy and get value out of. She also has zero self-control: when she decides she wants a briefcase so she can own something that makes her feel like a “girlboss”, not because she actually needs one, she doesn’t buy one, but two, because she cannot let a “good deal” go. And of course, because she has no taste, she buys overpriced items because she thinks name brands signal value. Logos and labels are important to her, but she won’t venture out beyond the luxury brands other YouTubers buy or whatever brands she can buy at Nordstrom. She doesn’t travel anywhere other than Hawaii, owns poor quality or silver Tiffany & Co. jewelry, doesn’t own any original art, and rarely (or never?) makes purchases based on practicality (e.g., she buys herself a Pashley bike because it looks good, not because it’s a reasonably-priced bike she’ll get good use out of). Overall, it’s just sad to see how someone can spend so much money yet get so little value out of it! Her purchases are clearly not making her happy — she is constantly buying more and more because she is never fully satisfied.
I totally agree. I bought some silver jewelry from online stores that were a fraction of the cost of Tiffany's. I also got some pearls in Chinatown for cheap. They make my outfit pretty and that's all I want.

Also, to me personally, I find designer bags such as Gucci and LV are not worth it - Gucci bags don't have the best quality leather IMO and LV sells overrated canvas bags. I'm not knocking anyone for having designer bags but at my salary, I don't think designer bags are in my budget. So I bought some Rebecca Minkoff and Coach and it suits me fine. Also I don't like heavy handbags and a lot of designer handbags are very heavy so I prefer LeSportSac. I think Elle constantly buys because she gets a high from the rush of shopping and unwrapping, not because she uses the bags.

I follow another luxury youtube guru who has a lot of bags and shoes. She's not that rich, probably same level financially as Elle. She says when she wears her Chanel flap out once or twice a month, she makes sure she is driving or in a cab, never on public transport. She is really careful to baby her bag (that she bought pre-loved). I'm there thinking, "some way to live." She also says that Tiffany's diamonds are not worth the cost and that at the same cost, you can buy a much better and bigger diamond elsewhere.

I get the feeling that Hollywood stars and super rich people (I mean really rich people) wear Chanels like the average person wears Coach outlet stuff - to most people Chanel is a luxury handbag that is to be babied but to them, it's just a handbag. I remember reading about this super rich Russian heiress who married a billionaire who purchases 40 Tod's bags in one go. She never even looked at the cost. Maybe if you have to save and scrimp for a bag, that bag is too expensive for you. I'm just saying.

For me personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable buying luxury handbags unless I had $5 million in the bank. Because realistically, I'd want match your bags with the seasons, outfits, etc... so I'd need a few.

I also remember going to a consignment store and looking at the tons of Chanel and other luxury handbags there. All the bags were literally stacked right next to each other. Somehow, without the lighting, decor of a real Chanel store, the bags just seemed bland.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.