Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She follows Chris and Joe, both of them donā€™t follow her. But she doesnā€™t follow Rick, does anyone have theories?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Iā€™m sorry but if someone has a law degree but never practices as a lawyer (or hasnā€™t for a very long time), telling everyone about their ā€œlife as a lawyerā€ or ā€œmy day to day as a law professionalā€, which is exactly what Eleanor was doing...then they are absolutely being fraudulent and misrepresenting the facts.
Yes, I agree with that. But she is a lawyer, she has a law degree and has been admitted to the bar - she's lying about "practising as a lawyer". Those are two different things.

Big disagree to Seri's post.

If someone has a medical degree and is licensed to practice medicine but works as an accountant they are not a doctor. They're an accountant.
No. If someone has a medical degree and is licensed to practice medicine and is working as an accountant, she is a doctor AND an accountant. She's just not practising as a doctor.

On Elle, yes, we are annoyed at her, but we can't diminish her achievement just because she's insufferable. These are facts. She finished law, she's been admitted to the bar, she's a licensed non-practising lawyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I noticed that too! Her focus on luxury goods seems to be a direct response to all the stuff that's happened in her personal life (moving a ton, getting dumped and kicked out, not getting a real lawyer job). We know her first few apartments in Vancouver were furnished with used furniture and Walmart home decor, but as she's gotten older it seems like she is stockpiling things because they can't leave her like Chris, Joe, Special Someone or Papa Rick.

I do think there is a part of her that is just a good old-fashioned snob and loves that all the Karens will comment on how they are jealous of her luxury candles, fancy appliances, and luxury bags/shoes. I personally find nothing aspirational about spending $100 on a candle but not spending $20 to get your cat an actual cat bed or scratching post. But to each their own!
It's almost like she shops for the life she wants instead of actually living it...if that makes sense.

Reactions: 15
Yes, I agree with that. But she is a lawyer, she has a law degree and has been admitted to the bar - she's lying about "practising as a lawyer". Those are two different things.

No. If someone has a medical degree and is licensed to practice medicine and is working as an accountant, she is a doctor AND an accountant. She's just not practising as a doctor.

On Elle, yes, we are annoyed at her, but we can't diminish her achievement just because she's insufferable. These are facts. She finished law, she's been admitted to the bar, she's a licensed non-practising lawyer.
But then surely the doctor-accountant doesn't come home and complain about a hard day at work doing 'medical stuff'. She'd complain about doing accounts all day. Whereas Smelle would talk about 'doing legal work'.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But then surely the doctor-accountant doesn't come home and complain about a hard day at work doing 'medical stuff'. She'd complain about doing accounts all day. Whereas Smelle would talk about 'doing legal work'.
Yea girl! It will still be a stretch even if this medical doctor-accountant works at a hospital as an accountant šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We all cannot forget this important fact: because Elle was never a practicing lawyer in Canada, she cannot practice law in the US. It is very shocking that she labels herself as an ā€œattorneyā€ on that website when she hasnā€™t even taken the WA bar nor is she eligible. Although maybe we can speculate Elleā€™s apprenticing under a lawyer so she can forgo law school and take the bar, much like what Kim Kardashian is doing. šŸ˜‚

Someone came on here a few threads ago that Elle wouldnā€™t have to take the bar if she was a career lawyer in Vancouver (as Canadian/US/UK law are fairly similar)...but she wasnā€™t. Joe on the other hand would not only be eligible to take the bar in most US states but he probably wouldnā€™t need to since his resume is pretty impressive.

Reactions: 14
My guess for Elle's new job is, she is using this as a bridge to a formal employment.

And my guess is that her mother was really pressing on her to get a job and because she couldn't find anything compliance/ fraud investigation-related, she decided to join this weird startupy-legal firm.

Think about it: she didn't get a permanent role with the law firm she articled at. Anyone in her position would be like 'Oh crap, I really wanted to stay here but stuff happens and now I have to apply to another law firm'. Instead, she was unemployed for something like 4 months and then joined MFDAC in a role that doesn't even require a law degree, not to mention having a license. She spent there 5+ years, in the same entry role, shuffling papers in her cubicle and pretending her annual training in Toronto was a 'business trip'. Never tried to get a role in a law firm. If she cared about becoming an attorney, she would have worked 1-2 years at Mutual Funds and used that experience as an asset when applying to REAL law firms. But she was perfectly fine in her non-demanding role because it gave her the freedom to shop all the time, eat lunch during her work time to be able to allocate a full lunch hour solely to Nordstrom shopping, she could finish at 5pm and head to the gym and later home to string pearls while watching Hallmark crap. She didn't bother about the salary because she thought she had Joe wrapped around her little finger and she'd soon become Mrs Joe A Partner In the Making. But things didn't go to plan, Mr Partner In The Making made a swift exit and she ditched her cushy role, lured by a grandpa alligator who dangled a piss-colored engagement ring in front of her. This didn't work out either, as we all know.

Now there's a pandemic, majority of people are fearing the sack. No one will hire a woman with an unexplained 16-month career break and expertise in a narrow securities fraud field so she had to pretend she has been an attorney all that time and got lucky because her current employer (she could be contracting, for all we know) seems to do zero background checks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
My guess for Elle's new job is, she is using this as a bridge to a formal employment.
That or I feel like she doesn't really care about having a real job/earning potential as long as her title and position looks good on paper. She might be doing it just to make herself more eligible dating-wise or to be like "look Mommy G! I found a really prestigious attorney job! See? I'm not wasting your money at all" type of deal

Reactions: 16
I also think she's using this job as a bridge. This law firm's main focus seems to be providing business advice for startups and small businesses (their "pay your bill" link on their website seems to indicate that), so I think the way Elle sold herself to them is by saying she understands the business of being a social media influencer and small business owner, so she can appeal to/attract other social media influencers to work with their firm (hence why the social media stuff in her bio).

She follows Chris and Joe, both of them donā€™t follow her. But she doesnā€™t follow Rick, does anyone have theories?
I think she's just embarrassed to be associated with Rick, the other two are successful but Rick is useless.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Her comment to someone confused that she started a new job:

"Actually, in todayā€™s world it is reasonable to want to keep my personal life private, and my career is a big part of that. The fact that I share videos on style and some vlogs here and there does not oblige me to share everything. Over time Iā€™ve learned to value my privacy more, and trust me, if youā€™d experienced some of the invasions of privacy that I have, you would most likely feel the same. Iā€™m hoping to show that itā€™s possible to share some things online but maintain healthy boundaries and a sense of choice. ā™„"

• Haha
  • Wow
I also think she's using this job as a bridge. This law firm's main focus seems to be providing business advice for startups and small businesses (their "pay your bill" link on their website seems to indicate that), so I think the way Elle sold herself to them is by saying she understands the business of being a social media influencer and small business owner, so she can appeal to/attract other social media influencers to work with their firm (hence why the social media stuff in her bio).

I think she's just embarrassed to be associated with Rick, the other two are successful but Rick is useless.
How busy do yā€™all think she is with legal work on a daily basis though?

Wow, I took a look at Eleanorā€™s friendā€™s online shop and her scarves are a lot more decently priced and pretty: https://vianstudios.com/scarf-shop/olive-greenmoss-supersoft-dream-scarf

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yes, I agree. Looks like this firm is made up of a bunch of independent legal counsel who share office rent (none right now because of covid), an admin team, and other resources. Lots of firms (in Canada at least) follow this shared-space/one firm type of model. I presume that Eleanor Lecocq would be responsible for bringing clients into the firm and for billing a certain number of hours each month. Far from that cushy investigator job she had. Letā€™s see her give it a go. Also, her bio is HILARIOUS šŸ˜‚ if I was thinking about selling my business, she wouldn't be my first pick.
Yes! I think itā€™s gonna be a struggle for her to get clients. Letā€™s see if she can pass her probation period ~ Her bio is absolutely hilarious šŸ˜†

Also seems like money is really tight if she has to get this type of job. The base pay should be really Low, itā€™s more of a co-working shared resources space like you said. Maybe sheā€™s actually going to use the office for her pearls/scarves ? šŸ˜‚

0828035F-D82D-42E4-93BD-910F05E92AC4.jpeg

They just happen to be attorneys now šŸ¤£

This place is perfect for Elle

Definitely seems like a legal consultancy type of firm where they share the office and everyone is responsible for their own clients

Last edited:
  • Haha
Her comment to someone confused that she started a new job:

"Actually, in todayā€™s world it is reasonable to want to keep my personal life private, and my career is a big part of that. The fact that I share videos on style and some vlogs here and there does not oblige me to share everything. Over time Iā€™ve learned to value my privacy more, and trust me, if youā€™d experienced some of the invasions of privacy that I have, you would most likely feel the same. Iā€™m hoping to show that itā€™s possible to share some things online but maintain healthy boundaries and a sense of choice. ā™„"
Elle should have stuck with her standard "keeping my private life private" line, rather than being condescending and rude. She just can't help showing her ass.

Elle: keeping her private life private by showing the internet where she lives šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Yes, I agree with that. But she is a lawyer, she has a law degree and has been admitted to the bar - she's lying about "practising as a lawyer". Those are two different things. No. If someone has a medical degree and is licensed to practice medicine and is working as an accountant, she is a doctor AND an accountant. She's just not practising as a doctor. On Elle, yes, we are annoyed at her, but we can't diminish her achievement just because she's insufferable. These are facts. She finished law, she's been admitted to the bar, she's a licensed non-practising lawyer.
Look, I have friends from law school who took different paths. One of them became a teacher, she doesn't refer to herself as a teacher AND lawyer. She's proud of being a teacher and owns it. Another one of my friends did his training in a big law firm, went to HK to work at a big law firm, and then took on a compliance role at a bank. He simply tells people he works in compliance. He doesn't have ego about it. He doesn't call himself in-house counsel either (that's a separate role in an organization). Elle, on the other hand, NEEDS the validation. Her job title is Investigator, her colleague is enforcement counsel. The MFDA also has a separate general counsel (this role is actually in-house counsel, where she advises the organization on their legal affairs and policy matters). It is absolutely unethical to lie about this. It's not a simple embellishment. People who work in the corporate world know the difference.

The truth is that there's no need to cling onto titles unless you're a pompous prick.

Elle calls herself a lawyer, brags about doing "lawyerly things", and leading a "busy lawyer life" (ALL THE TIME). Elle is a scammer and a predator. Elle maintains this faƧade so she can scam her viewers. By having the image of a successful lawyer, she can use the goodwill/reputation of such an image to sell shoddy merchandise as heirloom jewelry & push wholesale scarves as luxury. The false image helps her to seem more accomplished and less money hungry. Her motivations are not pure and she is not an honest person. She is not just embellishing or explaining her legal background, she is actively pushing a fake lawyer image & profiting off it. Let's not forget she even went as far as lie about being a Seattle-based business to scam people in a pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
To be honest, the real basis of this thread is Elle's dishonesty about her occupation. Her scamming people comes next, as a secondary lie to keep up with her primary lie - her being a girl boss.

Hypothetically, if she is a real lawyer, or it is commonly accepted by the society to call everyone who has passed the bar a lawyer, this thread won't even exist.

IMHO, her other personality flaws are personal and harmless. If she is honest about her occupation and not obsessed with her fake girl boss persona, I don't think she deserve all this hating.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.