Eleanor Florence Lecocq #10 Cummings and Goings of the Super Leg-Spreader of Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Elle definitely doesn't speak Quebec French.

Your teachers take is a bit too blunt. There's more idioms and some grammatical points of difference than just accents but I would say it's more like that. Like the Queen's posh accent vs. Derry girls. If you were a really snooty Londoner you would insist that you can't understand but if push came to to shove, you'd be able get collect lotto winning for example.
Haha you totally lost me on the last sentence

Reactions: 4
So I am learning French professionally, and I asked my teacher about the French in Quebec aka Elle’s french.

My teacher is French and has lived most of her life in France. She mentioned that the people from France, don’t even call what Elle speaks as French because it’s so far removed from the actual language.

I told her that I have heard someone (ahem Elle!) who speaks the Quebec French and passes herself as “fluent in French”.

My teacher just laughed and said the native French population don’t understand anything the Québécois speak and asked me not to learn from the said person because that will seriously mess up my language. So much for Elle being French 🤷🏻‍♀️
That is a whole lot of bullshit.

Your teacher is exactly the kind of pretentious snob Elle would like.

Reactions: 11
That is a whole lot of bullshit.

Your teacher is exactly the kind of pretentious snob Elle would like.
I disagree.

Students across the world have to write IELTS exam (English proficiency test) to apply for universities in UK, NZ,Canada & Australia, even those coming in from English speaking countries and have studied in English all their life, because these universities expect it, doesn't mean their local or colloquial English is wrong .
DELF exams which test and certify the proficiency of an individual's french (even accepted for visas and naturalization in France) is accepted across the world, the same way. Quebec french might not be wrong, but it won't be accepted in exams, which certify the language proficiency level.

Reactions: 7
Why did she feel the need to do a car reveal video other than to show off? Boring boring boring.

Reactions: 9
She's so bleeping annoying.

Elle, you're not Italian just because you have an Alfa Romeo. Sei proprio una stronza.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I disagree.

Students across the world have to write IELTS exam (English proficiency test) to apply for universities in UK, NZ,Canada & Australia, even those coming in from English speaking countries and have studied in English all their life, because these universities expect it, doesn't mean their local or colloquial English is wrong .
DELF exams which test and certify the proficiency of an individual's french (even accepted for visas and naturalization in France) is accepted across the world, the same way. Quebec french might not be wrong, but it won't be accepted in exams, which certify the language proficiency level.
What makes you think a Quebecois wouldn't be able to pass the DELF? There is a huge difference between language spoken professionally and language spoken colloquially. This is like suggesting a Cockney speaker wouldn't be able to pass the IELTS. Even people whose native language is not English/French can pass these tests.

I agree with the above poster - your teacher is a snob at best and a classist at worst. As a Canadian, I take personal offense to her bitchy attitude towards the Quebecois...

Reactions: 13
Serpentino?? Maybe it’s a reach heritage wise, but definitely fits her personality. Elle Florence: The Snake of Seattle lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
LOL Elle if you need to drive on an "easy highway" to get used to the car you must not be ready for an expensive car. Nothing wrong with being a beginner driver. But you wouldn't buy a 20 year old a brand new expensive car, if she only started driving a couple years ago and hasn't had an actual car to drive in the last few how does she expect to become good at driving?

To say one nice thing, I do like the color of the car. But her naming things is so annoying serpentine bc there is a snake on the logo?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Who in their right mind needs to name their car? It's very childish and stupid.

Reactions: 12
What makes you think a Quebecois wouldn't be able to pass the DELF? There is a huge difference between language spoken professionally and language spoken colloquially. This is like suggesting a Cockney speaker wouldn't be able to pass the IELTS. Even people whose native language is not English/French can pass these tests.

I agree with the above poster - your teacher is a snob at best and a classist at worst. As a Canadian, I take personal offense to her bitchy attitude towards the Quebecois...
I never said a Québécois wouldn’t pass a DELF test. That’s your interpretation. All I am saying is if I had to pick a French version that I have to study, I would pick the one that is acceptable across the world. When an accredited DELF examiner tells me what they accept and don’t. I will go with that. For Canadian French the exam is TEF Canada. You may choose to take offence at whatever you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She also clearly doesn't understand how model years work, she was surprised she couldn't find a 2020 model in the green. By December 2020 they are months into their 2021 model year and there are going to be slim pickings for the previous model year. They also have discounts on the 2020 so then in the next 6 months when the 2022 comes out they dont have three model years in the same lot!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Viewpure link: http://www.viewpure.com/XdXHE7oMCSU?start=0&end=0
yes. Spoiler: the car’s name is Serpentino and she keeps banging on about how it reflects her European heritage. Gag 🤮
Someone needs to inform Elle that all white people (aka. the majority in Canada and the U.S.) are European by heritage. She’s really not special.

Also is it just me or is girlboss looking more plump? I wonder if it’s the cheese, holidays, or success at mantrapping?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I found it so funny that she bragged about negotiating a deal with the seller of a luxury item. Which one of these doesn’t go, Elle?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I found it so funny that she bragged about negotiating a deal with the seller of a luxury item. Which one of these doesn’t go, Elle?
Right? Is it luxury Elle? Or did you get a deal?

I found her talking about less storage space funny too. Like it is a luxury SUV not a practical minivan nor is it an SUV marketed for moms so of course there isn't storage. You are driving it bc it is luxury and not Bc it is functional.

Also why does she think anyone wants a car review from someone who has never owned a car before?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Right? Is it luxury Elle? Or did you get a deal?

I found her talking about less storage space funny too. Like it is a luxury SUV not a practical minivan nor is it an SUV marketed for moms so of course there isn't storage. You are driving it bc it is luxury and not Bc it is functional.

Also why does she think anyone wants a car review from someone who has never owned a car before?
She described it in a way that made me chuckle. I don’t remember the exact sentence but she said something to the effect or “I’m just so happy with this purchase,” and it instantly reminded me of how she talks about buying handbags or clothes and I was like that is really how she sees this. She doesn’t see it as I’m investment in travel, etc. that is a super expensive decision to make. No, she sees it as just another purchase to add to her collection.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.