Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thecatlass

VIP Member
Beaver chompers in full glory:

Screenshot_20210203_131436_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sooo let me just recap: they both took a summer course hosted by Oxford university 10 years prior. They didn't stay in touch. Then he opens an Instagram account and the first thing that pops in his 40-years old mind is to find a student he met a decade ago who is 10 years his junior (how creepy is that? I sometimes forget names of people i worked with 5 years ago, how would I remember someone I wasn't close with who sat in my class 10 years ago?!). He messages her and shortly after she goes to visit him in Ohio. Why would she do that? How desperate can you be to go out of your way and travel to another country (she lived in Vancouver at the time) to meet a guy whose sole effort consisted of sliding into her DMs?

I'm speechless at how dumb and desperate she is. She has no respect for herself and that, combined with her hideous personality, is why no one can put up with this moron.

Also, funny how she goes to great lengths to please men but not women. All that women in her life can count on is an unwanted Sephora sample and glue-stained ugly earrings made by Smelle.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

Drasticactions

VIP Member
She is clearly blind to her privilege. Hence why she seems to think she's worked so hard and did everything in her life due to "hard work". When really she was privileged to have a mom who seemingly hasn't worked in prob 15+ years yet pays for stuff for her. Thanks to her mom she went to a good private school that did IB classes. Thanks to her mom getting her EU citizenship (she talks about renewing her " belgian" passport in an old vlog) she was able to go to a school in the UK and then do a master and seemingly have no school debt (also thanks to mom, most young professionals I know talk about their student debt).

So even if she wasn't spoiled as a kid starting your working life with no student debt she's already ahead of a lot of people in North America.

The fact that she can move back in with her mom and her mom can still afford to not work and pay for her shows extreme privilege. I know some kids can't move back home bc there is no room and or their parents can't afford to buy more groceries to feed their out of work child.

She's such a spoiled brat who wants to come off as a hard working girlboss but she's really just lazy and waiting to become a housewife.

• Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
Okay. I have something to say.

Rick looked her up after ten years. That means, for the last TEN YEARS he has been thinking of her and pining over her. Now, I have someone that I knew 10 years ago (more like eight) and I still think about to this day. And I think when you do that, you start to mythologize the person. And at that point, it’s not the person, it’s the mythology of what this person is in your head. And that is incredibly hard to break. Basically, if this person came in my life today, he’d have to do A LOT for me to not hold him up on a pedestal due to the mythology I’ve inadvertently created around him.

My point is this: If Rick held her on a pedestal for TEN YEARS, what in the fuck did she have to do for him to call it quits? To me, it would seem like either she did call it off, or she behaved so abhorrently that he was so disillusioned with the woman he thought she was and held on a pedestal for a decade.

Am I alone in thinking this? I realize it may be just because of my personal experience but it seems like you don’t let go quickly of something you dreamed of for ten years.
I always just kind of assumed he was creeping on girls he used to know and that he either looked Elle up out of curiosity or she popped up as 'someone you may know' and it went from there. She was certainly no great looker in 2008 when she still had her old face and teeth so I can't imagine him thinking she was some great beauty who got away back then. But it would be hilarious if he had been pining for her all those years!

• Haha

Lovely

Chatty Member
Elle Florence has moved eleven times in the last five years.

1. Boyfriend Chris’s apartment;
2. Rebound apartment after Chris threw her out, where, for a couple of month, she begged for him to take her back;
3. Permanent apartment after Chris wouldn’t take her back;
4. Shared apartment with Joe;
5. Ginette’s Vancouver rental when Joe surprised her with packed bags and disappeared into the night;
6. Permanent apartment after Joe wouldn’t take her back;
7. Rick’s Florida senior living community ranch condo;
8. Ginette’s Hawaii condo for a couple months after the Engagement imploded;
9. Seattle Airbnb after Rick wouldn’t take her back;
10. Seattle permanent apartment as a response to viewers calling her out for not actually being a Seattle local after she tried to scam Seattlites into thinking she is one suffering from the pandemic economy;
11. New, exciting location to either a) get Ginette off her back for paying for both Elle’s downtown apartment and her Bainbridge condo; or b) trap another man until he finally gives up and proposes to her.
It's insane that she managed to move this much and somehow never actually went anywhere. Florida only lasted a few months and Vancouver and Seattle aren't far from each other. What a total waste of time and money!

Lovely

Chatty Member
I would have been satisfied to see the wedding. Smelle sweating in a satin ballgown (for the Stepford spice), carrying a bouquet with monstera leaves (for the tropical theme). And at the end of the isle Ricky in a rented tux waiting to sweep her off on his bike. Every girls dream. I just wonder who would have been guests at her side. Would she have invited her cousins from Italy? Would they have approved of Rick's wonderful pronunciations. So many unanswered questions. I don't think I'll ever get over it.
Don't forget the Dolls looking confused about why they were there and Mama G having to be maid of honour and bridesmaid because Elle has no female friends. The vows would have been in multiple languages to reflect Elle's European Heritage and the highlight of the reception would have been her long-lost father jumping out of a giant cake and boffing Rick over the head with a baguette.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
It's insane how fast Elle went from corporate lawyer Joe and a fancy Vancouver apartment to living in a swamp with a dude who drinks wine out of a box and then uses the box as a TV stand. It's like the opposite of a Jane Austen story.

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
An Ellefa Romeo? Moving in with a guy?

Ladies, we have our Elle back. 2021 is going to be a very good year.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

notsoposh

VIP Member
Thanks girl! ❤

And as usual Smelle is already lying. We all know Joe paid the vast majority if not all the rent when they lived together, or she wouldn’t have bought from Nordstrom daily, had a cleaning lady, and paid for someone to wash her hair twice a week. None of that was part of her life anymore when he kicked her to the curb. Her lifestyle and disposable income changes dramatically when a man or Ginette is pitching in. He even bought all the overpriced furniture in their shared apartment, because we saw him selling it all on Facebook after he dumped Smelle, and he explicitly stated that “I paid over xyz amount for this.”
She obviously didn’t pay when she was living with Chris and Rick, since they both owned their places.
Didn’t pay when staying in Hawaii/Victoria island /Mom’s place in Vancouver all thanks to MamaG, who funded it.
When Joe gave the one month notice she didn’t even know it. Which makes it clear she didn’t deal with the landlord for rent. Also free 1 month of staying at that condo all thanks to Joe.
Quite rich to claim she paid for all the homes she stayed in.

• Heart

Miki95

I'm still gutted that we'll never get to see their mutant spawn. 😿
I would have been satisfied to see the wedding. Smelle sweating in a satin ballgown (for the Stepford spice), carrying a bouquet with monstera leaves (for the tropical theme). And at the end of the isle Ricky in a rented tux waiting to sweep her off on his bike. Every girls dream. I just wonder who would have been guests at her side. Would she have invited her cousins from Italy? Would they have approved of Rick's wonderful pronunciations. So many unanswered questions. I don't think I'll ever get over it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Greenthumb30

She didn't do her contracts class this semester (someone else is teaching it), which wouldn't even take much time, so there must be something going on...who knows what though. Speaking of, that university has the patience of a saint when it comes to her. First she randomly quits her old job, and no longer has a job to write next to her name, but they are willing to put up with it. Then she decides to skip teaching the class for personal reasons, her only once-a-year class, and they still are willing to put up with it. Meanwhile, for over a year, she's been using the teaching gig as a gap filler, calling herself "experienced adjunct professor" on her LinkedIn summary and listing it as her current job, but she hasn't taught there for one year and now that she's skipped this semester's class, won't be teaching for another year at least. And they are willing to put up with it.

She's a shameless fraud, taking advantage of everything and everyone however she can. Her entire LinkedIn is a pack of lies. *Lists her teaching gig as her current job when she's in the middle of at least 2 years of not teaching there. *Lists herself as in-house counsel at her old job when she has never been that. Tries to make it sound like she was in-house counsel by saying she "advised management on securities regulation and regulatory compliance" and not even mentioning that her job was investigating fraud. *Says she "advised companies on corporate governance and compliance matters" as a 19 year old intern. I'm sure she has coworkers on her LinkedIn, how is she not embarrassed to write this shit?

• Heart

ccc123000

Chatty Member
December 2021 vlog title: Big Easymas
"I'm so excited to call this city home! As you can see, my new place still needs a few pieces. My furniture is in a moving truck somewhere, and so is Winston...In the meantime, I thought I'd buy myself a new spice rack to make my kitchen feel a bit more homey."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Seriously, who moves into a month to month and then redecorates it? The owner probably had it pre-decorated because people move in, live lightly in it for a couple months and then move out. Are we going to start getting tours of how she redecorates her hotel room when she goes somewhere for one night?

The whole thing is pretty depressing. She wants so much to belong to something and somewhere but still needs to be able to flee quickly as she has had to do so many times in the last 3 years.

Imagine how different things would have been if Joe hadn't been standing in the doorway with packed suitcases that night she came home from her 'charity' shopping event. She would have managed to get a ring out of him by #vlogmas 2018. She would have gotten a late summer/early fall wedding in just under the wire in late 2019 before COVID. #pregnantmas before Valentines 2020 and a late October baby. Conveniently she would never return to her job once maternity leave ran out and now we'd be getting vlogs where she pushes Joe to let her record showings of condos as they hunt for a bigger Yaletown home for the baby, you know, one that has room for live-in help as well . . . .

But theres none of that. Just Elle trying to make her '30 day at a time' life seem like something planned, stable, and most of all, desirable.

• Haha
  • Wow

boredstrom

VIP Member
is it common for chin implants to protrude so much a few years post-surgery?
I think that can happen with any sort of cosmetic surgery that involves an implant, as the body tries to separate and purge foreign objects. I went to a sorority reunion a couple of years ago at a lake resort and there were a couple of hosts that were clearly trying to separate themselves from their enhancements made 15 years prior . . .

But back to Elle, I seriously hope the next chapter is Mr Next! I need peak Elle back in my life! I want to see the lunch shopping binges. I want to see drinks stolen and not returned. I want to see La Mer gooped onto aging faces while descending the slopes of Vail. I want to watch the completely tonedeaf ring nagging while some poor sucker desperately tries to plot his exit plan.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
😂 15 secs in and I had to get out!!

I'm still SO curious about the details of the breakup!! I know we've all speculated over the last year, but man it would be awesome to get some actual facts lol!
I don't like Rick and think he's a clown, but you have to admit that relationship was great for him. He got to enjoy a rebound after his divorce (and probably thought very highly of himself that he got a much younger woman to uproot her entire life for him), and made minimal sacrifices. Elle was the one to fly to Ohio (or was it Florida?) to see him first, and he didn't even set foot in Vancouver until GG ladies pointed that out for weeks. Eleanor Lecocq quit her job, packed up her entire life, and moved all her shit cross country to live in Rick's swampland cul de sac, and even painted his house. She cooked him (nasty looking) meals, and probably had sex on demand with him (gag). Rick also finally got some furniture in his house and she probably spent quite a bit trying to furnish that place so it looked somewhat hospitable. All this happened within the span of a year so Rick didn't even waste too much time, and just continued to live his life and do his thing.

He also fired her on instagram and that was posted all over the internet, and she was clearly humiliated by how quickly things imploded. Her life has never been the same since and the channel also took a nosedive.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

ccc123000

Chatty Member
So as of March 2021, "cushions" are no longer "kuhshuns." *She must've been catching up on her reading here). Ok then, Eleanor. And the way she had to say "chinoiserie." :rolleyes:

Her grandmother and her mother brought all their furniture with them when they emigrated from Belgium. So I guess she thinks she is following in their footsteps by dragging her furniture from Vancouver to Florida to Seattle. (Notice she never mentions Florida 😂 ).

When she said the entryway had all the Ikea furniture, she said it like anything from Ikea gives her the heebie jeebies. Her "heirloom" pieces are much more in keeping with her royal highness, Duchess of Bainbridge.

• Haha
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Yeah, I agree - I don't think he thought of her much in those 10 years. For heck sake, he got married (and divorced) in that time. And I think he's too much of an idealist who wants to stay true to his life philosophy etc., so he wouldn't have the guts to marry his wife if he wasn't in love with her and still infatuated with Smelle. Also, we know what Smelle looked like at university - maybe a beaver would be infatuated with her but definitely not a human being.
You may be giving him too much credit on not getting married if he's conflicted . . . he got engaged to Elle at a point where he couldn't possibly know her very well. Guts? Poor Judgement? The ticking hands of time? Could be all of the above. I definitely agree he didn't think of her much from 2008 to 2018.

I can sort of imagine his thought process. I am not Rick nor do I know what he actually thought, but here is how I imagine it.

I bet that Oxford study abroad trip was a great time for him. He was younger, but older than the other people in the group. I am sure this fueled him to talk non-stop in class and in his mind, all these young impressionable minds ate it up. He probably felt like the star of the class while the back row threw wadded up paper at him. Even if they hit their mark a few times I doubt it was enough to snap him out of his delusions of being the dashing wise man of the class.

So flash forward a few years and he was newly single and taking stock of his life. Memory lane leads him to those happy times in the UK and he digs out the old class roster. Starts punching the girl's names into his new insta account to 'see how they turned out'. Elle may not have been much in 2008, but shes on the roster so he took a peek.

Elle couldn't be the only one he messaged if any of the above is true. But you look at Elle's insta and her polished photos from that time and she looks pretty good. Not only that, but instead of ghosting him like some of the others, she replies with enthusiasm.

• Haha