Eimear Varian Barry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Eimear when I started following her - thats whats pissing me off so much, shes a completely different person now, she used to be so natural looking, kept her private life private (which she bragged about constantly) and I really respected her for it. Now its constant faked videos of her children, whoring them out for views and cash, oversharing "romantic" texts from her on again off again baby daddy, botox central, faked concern for the environment, crying on camera and begging for gifts. I pity her now - shes no longer someone who influences me shes someone I hope I never become because she is so fragile and desperate that I genuinely think she needs to step away from social media - and since we know she reads all this - Eimear we'd all respect you so much more if you'd just do yourself a favour and take a break, it clearly isn't good for you.

Reactions: 11
I had to unfollow recently when I heard EVB complaining about a drop in followers after she posted another series of stories about a gifted stay in a Cork hotel. She initially said she was interested in ''the psychology'' of people unfollowing, but then dismissed it as jealousy, which seemed to me to be oversimplifying things in the extreme.
It showed a distinct lack of awareness about repetitive content of yet another hotel stay, and a lack of understanding that consumers (of her content/brand/whatever she is selling) have agency and can lose interest when there is so much repetition and ad nauseum statements about how amazing a particular venue is. I think EVB has a tendency to point the finger outwards because it's convenient to dismiss these things as jealousy, when actually people most likely aren't interested in constantly seeing the same old same old. In the case of Instagram, people can't vote with their feet, so they vote with the unfollow button instead.
For me, the sandwiching of stories about refugees between gifted hotel experiences seemed to be entirely crass & insensitive, and there was a sense that if there is a bandwagon, she is on it - be it plant based/ veganism/ meditation/ yoga/ humanitarian crises. It all seemed to be ringing hollow to me.
In the context of the refugee crisis, I saw she had mentioned some previous volunteering/aid work experience and was encouraging others to get involved but I also remember reading in a post some time back about a 2 week long stint volunteering at an orphanage as a school girl. Not to say that experience wouldn't have been formative, but showcasing it as aid work experience in light of the more recent humanitarian crises in Greece seemed distinctly disingenuous.
I think that Eimear seems petulant when anyone questions something or takes issue with something she has said - despite the constant messaging from her about say what you feel, speak your truth, acknowledge things you don't appreciate, call things out etc; again there is a distinct lack of any robust conversation and everything is immediately categorised as jealousy or trolling. Cancel culture. For whatever reason, it seems that for so many in her field, if you are not fawning or propping up, then you are a troll.

The only person I have ever seen engage with their audience in this regard in a really authentic and transparent way is Mother Pukka. She does it beautifully, and has established an amazing platform and cause - she is also focussed on some very key issues, as opposed to lurching around from one thing to another desperately seeking relevance.
From a consumer point of view, it's interesting to me that brands continue to want to work with EVB as I find her erratic and often inarticulate/doesn't interview well. It's fascinating what brands assume consumers want to hear, and who they want to hear it from. I have no doubt that she will continue in this space, and will likely continue to do well from it, but I am glad to not engage anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I had to unfollow recently when I heard EVB complaining about a drop in followers after she posted another series of stories about a gifted stay in a Cork hotel. She initially said she was interested in ''the psychology'' of people unfollowing, but then dismissed it as jealousy, which seemed to me to be oversimplifying things in the extreme.
It showed a distinct lack of awareness about repetitive content of yet another hotel stay, and a lack of understanding that consumers (of her content/brand/whatever she is selling) have agency and can lose interest when there is so much repetition and ad nauseum statements about how amazing a particular venue is. I think EVB has a tendency to point the finger outwards because it's convenient to dismiss these things as jealousy, when actually people most likely aren't interested in constantly seeing the same old same old. In the case of Instagram, people can't vote with their feet, so they vote with the unfollow button instead.
For me, the sandwiching of stories about refugees between gifted hotel experiences seemed to be entirely crass & insensitive, and there was a sense that if there is a bandwagon, she is on it - be it plant based/ veganism/ meditation/ yoga/ humanitarian crises. It all seemed to be ringing hollow to me.
In the context of the refugee crisis, I saw she had mentioned some previous volunteering/aid work experience and was encouraging others to get involved but I also remember reading in a post some time back about a 2 week long stint volunteering at an orphanage as a school girl. Not to say that experience wouldn't have been formative, but showcasing it as aid work experience in light of the more recent humanitarian crises in Greece seemed distinctly disingenuous.
I think that Eimear seems petulant when anyone questions something or takes issue with something she has said - despite the constant messaging from her about say what you feel, speak your truth, acknowledge things you don't appreciate, call things out etc; again there is a distinct lack of any robust conversation and everything is immediately categorised as jealousy or trolling. Cancel culture. For whatever reason, it seems that for so many in her field, if you are not fawning or propping up, then you are a troll.

The only person I have ever seen engage with their audience in this regard in a really authentic and transparent way is Mother Pukka. She does it beautifully, and has established an amazing platform and cause - she is also focussed on some very key issues, as opposed to lurching around from one thing to another desperately seeking relevance.
From a consumer point of view, it's interesting to me that brands continue to want to work with EVB as I find her erratic and often inarticulate/doesn't interview well. It's fascinating what brands assume consumers want to hear, and who they want to hear it from. I have no doubt that she will continue in this space, and will likely continue to do well from it, but I am glad to not engage anymore.
You have just articulated beautifully everything that's wrong with EVB... She's operating in a potentially damaging space to someone with weakened mental health as she has openly admitted, she can't cope with anything other than fawning praise, she lacks self awareness (to an extent), but persists in "documenting"... She just can't seem to quit the addiction of instagram despite having several talents which she could pursue in roles outside of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Not sure how she’ll be able to read the thread with her head so far up Stacey Solomon’s arse though?
I’d say she was raging Stacey happened to be taking a day off social media that day.
no extra new followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Can we please delete this thread.. she's so irrelevant she doesn't even deserve a thread to herself...

Reactions: 3
Oh pleeeesssse! Has she duck got it! Just more attention seeking and drama which is all she seems capable of these days...gone is the beautiful photography and down to earth chatter she was so well liked for in the early days. She is self absorbed, sells her children’s faces for a quick buck and now her lies are starting to catch up on her too...wasn’t she only saying last month that she’s earned £100k a year from her IG and now she’s spouting crap about how she’s panicking and has no money...god help her children and the issues they’re going to grow up with if she doesn’t sort her tit out...and don’t get my started on that upper lip...😱

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Weird and fearful time for everyone.
Just be weirded out about it in private I guess, not a good look.
Good to know when to step away.
Suspect the adverts she mentioned are scheduled posts for the weekend.

I’ll struggle to believe it if she comes back after her break and claims to have had it.
if she genuinely had it, she’d be snapping the life out of it to increase her engagement.
I honestly think she’s struggling with her mental health at the moment though, so I do feel sorry for her to a certain degree at the same time.
It’s the inconsistency and lies that are affecting people’s perception of her the most I think, but that just reads mental health to me.

Reactions: 1
Are herself and Daniel back on? I watch her on mute if I do watch her 😳
I also used to watch her on mute when I followed her. She gives tiny snippets of info about their relationship and shows him in a few of her stories. I think she does it deliberately to keep people interested.

Pleassseee tell me someone else is watching this BS shes spouting on her live right now!!! I can't cope

That shes been depressed for the past week about having symptoms and basically hasn't left the house

Mentioned Daniel non stop

Has a new obsession with her eldery neighbours and won't leave them alone, asking for ideas on how they can all hang out over the fence - poor couple probably just want some peace and quiet!!

Just generally chatted tit and cried about how depressed she's been with symptoms and made it out to be some near death experience but now shes put on a new dress and fake tan shes made a miraculous recovery

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.