Eimear Varian Barry #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whyā€™s she telling everyone to get down there? Booking campsites?
Weā€™re in a pandemic love. No one should be going anywhere.
I feel sorry for the people of Cornwall. She looks like sheā€™s spoken to loads of people. So far sheā€™s been in a field and beaches on her own šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
The pandemic doesnā€™t apply to our Eimear

Reactions: 2
I can see under the comments on her video of a beach that she Eimear, is apparently correcting someone who actually lives in the area. The commenter was drawing attention to the issues that have arisen due to staycations in Cornwall. But fear not, Eimear who has been there twice in her life (both in the last month) is more qualified to comment and dismisses the woman's observations. Living in a rural coastal town myself for the last 15 years, which becomes very busy in the summertime, there are a whole host of issues that arise when Instagrammers/blaggers suddenly start drawing attention to a place or when the wealthy set move down on a whim. The knock-on impact on aspects like house prices etc is real. Not to mention that wintering in a place that you've only ever been to in high season is worlds apart from a holiday experience. The whole thing seems so self-indulgent & erratic. Also, the incessant filming of people without their consent is so questionable. Does she ask permission? How do these people feel about being recorded surreptitiously whilst eating/swimming/ waiting for coffee in their swimmers and towels? it is clear that a move to Cornwall is just the next stop on the carousel of chaos - trying so hard to fit with the aesthetic she desperately chases - of boho, beach, rural whimsical living.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Eimear said in one of the posts that she had never driven on a motorway before and someone commented asking how she has avoided the M25. I would be very surprised if she hasnā€™t, seeing as itā€™s on her doorstep. Typical sensationalist crap from Eimear.

Reactions: 4
I can see under the comments on her video of a beach that she Eimear, is apparently correcting someone who actually lives in the area. The commenter was drawing attention to the issues that have arisen due to staycations in Cornwall. But fear not, Eimear who has been there twice in her life (both in the last month) is more qualified to comment and dismisses the woman's observations. Living in a rural coastal town myself for the last 15 years, which becomes very busy in the summertime, there are a whole host of issues that arise when Instagrammers/blaggers suddenly start drawing attention to a place or when the wealthy set move down on a whim. The knock-on impact on aspects like house prices etc is real. Not to mention that wintering in a place that you've only ever been to in high season is worlds apart from a holiday experience. The whole thing seems so self-indulgent & erratic. Also, the incessant filming of people without their consent is so questionable. Does she ask permission? How do these people feel about being recorded surreptitiously whilst eating/swimming/ waiting for coffee in their swimmers and towels? it is clear that a move to Cornwall is just the next stop on the carousel of chaos - trying so hard to fit with the aesthetic she desperately chases - of boho, beach, rural whimsical living.
Sheā€™s so dense. Imagine trying to tell someone who lives there the whys and wherefores of an area when youā€™ve only been there for 5 minutes.
ā€œisnā€™t is great!!!??!??!???ā€ No, itā€™s not Eimear, no itā€™s bleeping not.

Reactions: 10
Sheā€™s so dense. Imagine trying to tell someone who lives there the whys and wherefores of an area when youā€™ve only been there for 5 minutes.
ā€œisnā€™t is great!!!??!??!???ā€ No, itā€™s not Eimear, no itā€™s bleeping not.
The tone of that "isn't it great" was so condescending. She's something else.

Reactions: 8
The tone of that "isn't it great" was so condescending. She's something else.
I live in a popular seaside town, I would love her to tell me how "great" it is here in summer and how it keeps us going through winter, fact is it isn't great, it takes my husband an hour longer to get home from work in high season, we don't mind tourists, but we don't love them the way EVB things we do.

Reactions: 5
Yes Eimear... soooo great to live near a popular seaside holiday destination( I live in Snowdonia so suffer the same fate as this in Cornwall) šŸ˜¬šŸ™„.... the beaches are heaving, locals canā€™t get parked anywhere/ no supermarket delivery slots for those who are vulnerable/ shielding ( Iā€™m still shielding Iā€™m Wales) - not to mention that young locals canā€™t afford houses cos this well off tourists come and buy all the cute cottages for their second homes
And letā€™s not even start to talk about the lack of social distancing/ lack of wearing face masks and how the local hospitals and emergency services are put under increasing pressure during the holidays due to influx of visitors

• Sad
Reactions: 11
She s lucky really shes landed on her feet with this ā€œ careerā€ because she really is thick as they come. Those comments to a local on her page are beyond belief. These ā€œ influencersā€ really will stop at nothing to get what they want. So irresponsible and self centred. But we re all just jealous. Jealousy implies she has something we want. I want nothing she has thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The number of comments on her recent posts is also v low for someone with 97k+ followers šŸ§

Reactions: 5
Hadnā€™t realised. Has her friend Bethielethie - Hungermama, commented at all as just a little while ago Bethie was saying how great a friend EVB is to her.
Not sure about Hungermama (even typing that ridiculous name makes me want to vom šŸ¤¢) My eyes tend to burn when I see comments from mummy bloggers, so perhaps I missed it šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
Not sure about Hungermama (even typing that ridiculous name makes me want to vom šŸ¤¢) My eyes tend to burn when I see comments from mummy bloggers, so perhaps I missed it šŸ˜‚
šŸ˜†HMā€™s mother goes by the name of Hungermama_mama! šŸ˜³

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.