Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I've had perioral dermatitis for a year now, never had any skin problems before, was prescribed Daktacort cream, didnt help, then prescribed Clindamycin cream but still no improvement. I had surgery last year and my skin problem began soon after, I think it was triggered by whatever was placed around my mouth/chin while under the anesthetic such as the tape used to keep tube in place. So fed up with it all now šŸ™
Ive had PD for a few months. Absolutely everywhere on my face , swollen eyes the lot. So ugly. Been on Lymocycleine (i think) for it for 8 weeks. Have to be on for 12 weeks , its really helped. My skin purged at first but its getting better now i was told the medication was a slow burner. Hugsā¤

FaLaLaLaNahLer

Chatty Member
Yes....I have all 3 conditions & more. Only things that slightly help are Zyrtec at nite or every 30? or so hours (itā€™s as if my body begins burning itching & im addicted to zyrtec/wouldnā€™t surprise me), Nizarel (sp?) shampoo & I sometimes lather up w/ it too, & then Clobetasol has worked wonders for a newer rash area (since last Spring). I was a hive afflicted kid. I really donā€™t feel cut out for this planet. lol

I shouldnā€™t eat dairy or gluten or anything else that ppl talk about being bad, but Iā€™m extremely picky, nvr have an appetite, & I just eat to survive. I have extreme fatigue, nerve damage, fibro, & the never ending yearly tests for cancer recurrence that thankfully hasnā€™t hit, but MGUS is a thing the past few yrs as well as possible Lupus. Lotso FUN. sarcasm. Could be worse. Much much worse.

Iā€™m certain I have psoriasis in my ears....for a solid decade now. Scalp began itching after my daughter was born 15 yrs ago. I had 2 rhogam shots due to her + blood type. Iā€™m neg, hence not from this planet. haha

Ilovemusic

VIP Member
I've had perioral dermatitis for a year now, never had any skin problems before, was prescribed Daktacort cream, didnt help, then prescribed Clindamycin cream but still no improvement. I had surgery last year and my skin problem began soon after, I think it was triggered by whatever was placed around my mouth/chin while under the anesthetic such as the tape used to keep tube in place. So fed up with it all now šŸ™

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
My husband has. His dentist spotted it and referred him to the dental hospital.
He had grafts taken, and advised to change to sensodyne toothpaste.
His mouth was very painful for a while, but seems to have settled down now.

ETA didnā€™t realise you could have it on your skin which considering the nature of the thread, you were obviously meaning.
Sorry about that. ā¤
Thank you ā¤ yeah, i have it on my skin and nails. My mouth has cleared up šŸ¤ž. My skin is dreadful with it!

lucelike

Iā€™m so glad I found this thread even though itā€™s quite quiet.

Iā€™ve suffered so badly with my eczema for years now. I had it as a child but grew out of it and it came back with a vengeance at about 23 and Iā€™m now 27 and I go through bad flares. I went through topical steroid withdrawal about 2 years ago and wasabsolutely miserable, basically suicidal so started using steroids again.
I still have PTSD from it and use steroid creams to manage it.
Its gotten really bad again recently and Iā€™m terrified like I canā€™t go through it all again.

What are peoples experiences with light therapy? My GP referred me to a private derm and i need to contact them to get it sorted and get an appointment im just worried that it wonā€™t be covered with my health insurance through work and itā€™ll be expensive.

has anyone tried a handheld UV light? I saw Phillips sell one.
Any advice would be so appreciated as im so so miserable.

Gers76

Chatty Member
I suffer from psoriasis, I get the dry patches on my body and I suffer from inverted psoriasis. Iā€™ve been prescribed dovobet from the doctors which works wonders on the inverted psoriasis but because I only use it as and when I get a flare itā€™s not a cure. My scalp is so scaly too, Iā€™ve tried loads of things on that but nothing clears it up. Would the doctor refer me if I asked for light therapy? Or has it got to be a last resort thing?
I suffer really badly with psoriasis and like you also have inverse psoriasis. The inverse psoriasis has stopped me from being allowed light treatment due to it being raw skin, Iā€™ve had numerous courses of methotrexate and cyclosporine both strong drugs but really do work but the psoriasis sadly always comes back. I use trimovate for my inverse bits and diprobase on the scales. I use cocois for my scalp itā€™s the only thing that works for me.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
My Dad gets psoriasis really badly. Hes just had lazer treatment done with the NHS and the results are incredible.
I dont know if it works for eczema but its worth asking?

IrishGryffindor

Have you tried light therapy? Not sure on the proper name but a girl I know had it and the results were amazing. Have saw reviews of tropic skincare tamanu balm for it too, there's a 30 day money back guarantee with them too. Have you had all the usual lotions etc from the NHS?
We do this in the hospital I work in. The results are actually amazing. I think the average in our hospital is 10 to 11 months for results to last ! It's worth it

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
I suffer really badly with eczema on the sole of my left foot and behind my knees
the only thing that helps is childā€™s farm cream (not the scented one) and avoiding stress which isnā€™t easy
i really want to try dream cream but itā€™s a lot of money if it doesnā€™t work
my mate told me to put porridge oats in a muslin and run hot water through it in a bath
it worked great for my mate and did nothing for me
my daughter and son both suffer with psoriasis on their scalps and the only shampoo they can use is naked
we used halo and horns but it was like rubbing pva glue in their heads so we had to give up

Jaybtee

VIP Member
Long term chronic eczema sufferer here!
Only thing that actually helped me properly was Immunosuppressants xx

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I only developed eczema since having kids. Its only my hands that are affected, though the palm of my hand has been awful for a year. My scalp has now been scabbing up and spots coming up, ive been referred to derma as my hair is also falling out.

Its all a bit shit, isnt it? A cream will work for a while and then stop. I got a basic boots own cream that was amazing, then that stopped. Weleda skin food has been good at times as well.

chorizorice

Iā€™ve had severe scalp psoriasis since I was 13 (I think it flared up due to exam stress!) and Iā€™m now 22 and still badly suffering. I use dovobet scalp gel and nizoral shampoo to try and control it but it seems as though they no longer work for me. Used quite a few things over the years as prescribed to by the doctors but theyā€™ve all been shite. Does anyone have any advice for a long term sufferer?
If you can get on the list for light therapy it really helped m y scalp when I had it for the rest of my body and scalp.
Also a weird thing that Iā€™ve found works for me is switching between shampoos, Iā€™ve noticed once my scalp gets ā€œused toā€ a shampoo it stops working. No idea of the science behind that haha but it has worked for me xx

conrea37

VIP Member
I have contact dermatitis, from my keys (nickel allergy), it never truly goes away because I use my keys daily.

Antihistamines help with my itching, and I was prescribed steroid cream for it along with emollient.

Over the years Iā€™ve had it on my scalp, my arms and now I get terrible flare ups on my section scars (it also doesnā€™t help that I am a little heavier than I should be).

Iā€™ve swapped shower gel for aqueous cream and this has helped massively, I also make sure I dry the scar with my hairdryer and also apply athletes foot cream if itā€™s really bad or diprobase or in home bargains/ savers etc you can get a medicated talc for 99p - itā€™s brilliant.

Jaybtee

VIP Member
Which ones are you using? I used ciclosporin and it helped a little but didnā€™t get rid of my eczema fully xx
yeah i was on the same. helped my body but im still getting it on my face and hands. could go onto methotextrate in september but not sure (nervous)

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I have psoriasis on my scalp and Sorion cream helps a bit - I apply it before going to bed and wash it off the next morning. Nothing ever makes it go away though. For the eczema on my eyelid I use Epaderm cream, works a treat.

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
Iā€™ve had severe scalp psoriasis since I was 13 (I think it flared up due to exam stress!) and Iā€™m now 22 and still badly suffering. I use dovobet scalp gel and nizoral shampoo to try and control it but it seems as though they no longer work for me. Used quite a few things over the years as prescribed to by the doctors but theyā€™ve all been shite. Does anyone have any advice for a long term sufferer?

Bimbles28

My son suffers with psoriasis all over his body and dream cream from lush clears his patches up every time. Itā€™s amazing!

MinnieMaus

Has anyone here completed a course of light treatment for psoriasis?

Itā€™s worked wonders for me - my skin is super clear - and Iā€™m nearing the end of my course but just worried it will all come back as soon as I stop ā˜¹ā˜¹ā˜¹