Eastenders #11 Mick drowns at Dover as 2022 is nearly over

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Orphan_Black who had the most popular thread title suggestion

Quick recap:

Mick is missing presumed drowned at sea
Janine has been arrested
Sam & Keanu have a secret past in Spain
Whitney is now chief mourner
Alfie is still an annoying git

As we are nearly at the end of the year what is everyone’s favourite moment or episode from 2022?

Mine are both the Jubilee episode and Dot’s funeral/wake. Since Chris Clenshaw has taken over as Exec Producer EE has improved vastly

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Apparently Danny has said in an interview that he doesn’t want to come back. I know it’s early days, but I don’t think he should write it off so quickly. Unfortunately he’s a type cast actor so I can’t see him getting a big BBC rom com/drama….he’s getting a bit old to do the ‘hard man’ thing. But like Phil Mitchell, he’s getting a bit old now and it’s starting to get a bit unbelievable.

Reactions: 11
My favourite bit was when Zack threatened Sam's ex in Peggy's, it must have been the writing or something ☺🤤

Dot's funeral was really well done, I think they did June Brown well with that, especially as she left after a falling out with the writers. I've enjoyed the storylines with the Panesars this year and I'm liking the Mitchell/Keeble storyline too.

I'm glad the writing has improved and the year has ended on a high because I was getting fed up of a lot of it. The Jean Slater storyline was a real low, very badly done

Reactions: 9
Apparently Danny has said in an interview that he doesn’t want to come back. I know it’s early days, but I don’t think he should write it off so quickly. Unfortunately he’s a type cast actor so I can’t see him getting a big BBC rom com/drama….he’s getting a bit old to do the ‘hard man’ thing. But like Phil Mitchell, he’s getting a bit old now and it’s starting to get a bit unbelievable.
Danny needs to humble himself Eastenders saved his failing career

Reactions: 31
My favourite moment of 2022 would have to be the xmas day episode. Dot’s funeral was brilliantly done too. Worst moment would have to be my darling Kheerat unexpectedly leaving the show😢😢😢

Reactions: 11
The Gray saga is unmatched for me, the whole time period of them finding Tina’s body, to him getting caught was my fave

Reactions: 16
The Gray saga is unmatched for me, the whole time period of them finding Tina’s body, to him getting caught was my fave
Oh yes, the conclusion of the Gray story this year was great, all the preceding dragging out of it and turning the story from domestic abuse to a serial killer wasn’t though. It diminished the power of the domestic abuse element of it. But his last couple of episodes were enjoyable

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Where was Linda going? Don’t her other children live all over the place?

Reactions: 5
Christmas has just all been a bit meh I think.
Janine got a crap ending, Mick not much better and with no body just leaves him to do a Dirty Den in a few years.

Linda has gone, Shirley goes in tonight’s episode both for the foreseeable leaving the pub shut and us to endure Philth and his shite. No Vic on NYE? Busiest night of the year for a struggling pub. Alright then 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Oh yes, the conclusion of the Gray story this year was great, all the preceding dragging out of it and turning the story from domestic abuse to a serial killer wasn’t though. It diminished the power of the domestic abuse element of it. But his last couple of episodes were enjoyable
Agree 100%. The fact he became a serial killer took away the domestic abuse factor for me and it did the opposite of raising awareness, cos by the end it was just “he murdered Chantelle” not he abused her

Reactions: 19
The Gray and Chantelle storyline started off really well. It was such a good representation of DV, he was charming and a provider and everyone loved him. We don't often see that portrayal of DV, where it's more hidden so it was powerful and the way Chantelle acted being the victim of it was hyper realistic. They completely ruined it when they lazily turned him into a serial killer. I also thought it was well done when he targeted Chelsea because she was a strong, independent woman, not the usual weak and timid woman soaps use as victims of DV. But overall the storyline was ridiculous, perpetrators of DV are regular men, that are in all of our lives and that's the awareness that should have been raised with that storyline

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I loved the Jubilee episode with King Charlie and Camilla popping in. All the cast looked so starry eyed and ad libbed in character so well.

Reactions: 12
The Gray and Chantelle storyline started off really well. It was such a good representation of DV, he was charming and a provider and everyone loved him. We don't often see that portrayal of DV, where it's more hidden so it was powerful and the way Chantelle acted being the victim of it was hyper realistic. They completely ruined it when they lazily turned him into a serial killer. I also thought it was well done when he targeted Chelsea because she was a strong, independent woman, not the usual weak and timid woman soaps use as victims of DV. But overall the storyline was ridiculous, perpetrators of DV are regular men, that are in all of our lives and that's the awareness that should have been raised with that storyline
This is true. I think the Little Mo storyline was groundbreaking at the time but it made it seem like DV is something that only happens to meek, quiet women. And Trevor was always clearly a psychopath.

The Chantelle storyline was great as it showed women that if they don’t get out, things can escalate very quickly. They then ruined that message by making Grey someone who’d been evil and twisted for years. The stuff with his dad was ridiculous.

• Heart
I’ve watched tonight’s ep already. There is a character that appears to leave and I hope it’s not for good…

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Isn't it about time Whitney got killed off? she brings nothing to the show just a bore in chavy clothing. I must say I quite like Sam Mitchell she seems like a good character but Ive not been watching for long so....

Not our Shirl as well 😩💔 This has been one hell of a miserable week 😰 full of cheer and festivities 🥂 Cheers, writers!

• Sad
  • Wow
Poor Shirley just read she will be back in the new year alongside Linda.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Really hope they haven’t brought Keanu back just for him to be killed off for real this time! 😔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.