Earning extra cash, what’s your side hustle?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this FM by any chance? If so please can you explain how you make the money (if you’re allowed)
I’ve seen a lot of people label it as a pyramid scheme and really intrigued what the profit margins are.
Hi, no it’s with Essens. I make money on all the sales that I personally do (and to be fair I retail a fair lot as got a lot of loyal customers). I do also earn a commission from the company once I hit a certain point in the marketing plan (I’ve made this every month since I joined).

I also have a small team and full disclosure, I do earn commission based on their sales BUT only when I do a certain amount (so this means that people that I’ve brought in do have the capability to earn more than me). The commission doesn’t come from them but from Essens who pay me as a thank you for mentoring them and introducing them into the business.

I can see why some folk have negative connotations towards businesses like mine (to be honest I used to as well), but pyramid schemes are illegal AND there is plenty bad eggs involved in the industry that promise people the world and promise folk they’ll earn a certain amount of money which is just plain right wrong. I would never promise that as hardly anyone makes the big money. I have viable products that I sell and whilst I’d love to be a millionaire, realistically that’s not gonna happen (unless it’s a lottery win🤣). I’m just happy earning a few extra hundred a month selling my perfumes and make up.

Ooh good for you! So good to have a hobby you can make extra cash from.

Oh yes I think my friend sells those fragrances but I don’t think she is doing as well as you from it so you must be good at selling 😁

Thank you! I’m by no way minted, but I actually really enjoy it. It’s a bit of a buzz to be earning a wee bit extra as I can’t do that in my day job. To be honest I’m probably my own best customer as I genuinely do love the perfumes.

That all sounds great, some good extra incomes you have there from what you already do as well!

Reactions: 1
Oh I also worked on Appen for one task this year - it paid about £20 for about 90 minutes work. I had hoped to do more on there but a lot of tasks now involve videoing which I hate.

I make and sell wax melts. I make around an extra £800-1000 a month. I work full time and do the wax melts around that. I don’t have young children and I’m single just now so it works and I have a good routine going now. I use the extra money to buy more materials, to get my debt down and for holidays when we can go
I would love to do this but just wouldn’t know where to start. Any tips?

Reactions: 3
I have a premium Snapchat account, I make approx £600 a month, probably half of that is regular subscribers, the other half is extras. I could make much more but I try to remain anonymous which limits my market.

Reactions: 2
I have a twitter account with over 1,000 followers.
Mainly in health and fitness.
As I am losing weight, I generally post healthy recipes and exercise workouts.
Granted, I have not posted for a while.
Do you know if I could monetise it?

I have just been told I'm going to be made redundant, so really need need to look at ways of making money.
I am a single parent with two hungry teenagers!
At the same time, I would like it to be authentic.

Would really appreciate any advice.
Hard times!

Thank you.

I resell as well. I started in 2016 and was pretty strict with it for 2 years as I had an aim - I did it to pay for my dream honeymoon (managed about 18k in 2 years so was definitely worth the effort IMO).
I think it is really good to have a target to work towards for the motivation. Since my honeymoon in late 2019 I took a break and then with the tit storm of 2020 just kind of fell off the bandwagon but got back into in the last couple of weeks - already made about £450 just from selling bits I had lying around the house. Hubby and I have decided to give it a go again just deciding what our target aim is going to be now.

I dip in and out of survey sites too for a little bit extra and use an app to snap my receipts for money too - I get a fiver every 2-3 months on that. Not a lot but it literally takes me about 5 seconds each time I have a receipt so it’s worth it to me.

Hubby did really well on matched betting a couple of years ago but ended up blacklisted because he played the game too well 😂😂😂 he was pissed but I said he should take it as a compliment really.

I resell as well. I started in 2016 and was pretty strict with it for 2 years as I had an aim - I did it to pay for my dream honeymoon (managed about 18k in 2 years so was definitely worth the effort IMO).
I think it is really good to have a target to work towards for the motivation. Since my honeymoon in late 2019 I took a break and then with the tit storm of 2020 just kind of fell off the bandwagon but got back into in the last couple of weeks - already made about £450 just from selling bits I had lying around the house. Hubby and I have decided to give it a go again just deciding what our target aim is going to be now.
What do you resell on? I have SO much clothing I don't wear and some that have tags on still! I find Depop really annoying as people are constantly haggling and I'm really not wanting to waste my time on negotiations for a £10 shirt I bought for £30! Never dabbled on ebay, feel like they've complicated it way too much. I'm seeing ads for Vinted everywhere and feel inclined to use that but not sure!

I sell houseplant/ garden cuttings, seedlings etc

I can make £75 per tray of houseplants each tray holds 15 baby plants. the bigger ones that I grow all year make £10 and up. My huge spider plant had tons of babies that I just left hanging there for years, this year decided to plant them all up and have 11trays. I have large troughs of aloe vera that run along my window ledges these need to be split and potted. Some are huge and can get a fair bit for them I used to always just give my plants away until I wanted to buy a certain plant off eBay and see how much my own plants sell for. 😲

• Wow
Reactions: 7
What do you resell on? I have SO much clothing I don't wear and some that have tags on still! I find Depop really annoying as people are constantly haggling and I'm really not wanting to waste my time on negotiations for a £10 shirt I bought for £30! Never dabbled on ebay, feel like they've complicated it way too much. I'm seeing ads for Vinted everywhere and feel inclined to use that but not sure!
I have always just used ebay- do everything through the app on my phone. I hate people lowballing need with offers too so I set all my listings to auto reject offers under a value I set and auto accept offers over a certain value that I am happy to accept. Make it much easier and you don’t have loads of notifications you have to respond to.

Ebay definitely has its downsides though - they are terrible in terms of looking after sellers - buyers have a money back guarantee no questions asked which can be super frustrating. I once sold a ted baker dress and after 2 weeks the buyer wanted to return it - because of the EBAY policy I had to accept it - when I got it back it stank of smoke and BO and I ended up having to get it dry cleaned before I could relist it. it doesn’t happen often but it does happen. It used to really get to me but when you just accept it’s one of those things it’s not so bad. I’m only saying this to let you know that I don’t think any of the reselling sites will be perfect they all have pros and cons but for me ebay has the biggest reach in terms of the number of people on the site so I just went with it and I guess depop and vinted weren’t as popular when I started back in 2016 either.

I sell houseplant/ garden cuttings, seedlings etc

I can make £75 per tray of houseplants each tray holds 15 baby plants. the bigger ones that I grow all year make £10 and up. My huge spider plant had tons of babies that I just left hanging there for years, this year decided to plant them all up and have 11trays. I have large troughs of aloe vera that run along my window ledges these need to be split and potted. Some are huge and can get a fair bit for them I used to always just give my plants away until I wanted to buy a certain plant off eBay and see how much my own plants sell for. 😲
do you sell your plants online? I don’t know anything about plants - this is so interesting to me.

Reactions: 4
I joined Prolific and did my first survey today. Got £1 for it which obviously isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things, but I’m thinking if I can do a few a day and let the money build up it could be worth it.

Reactions: 4
I joined Prolific and did my first survey today. Got £1 for it which obviously isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things, but I’m thinking if I can do a few a day and let the money build up it could be worth it.
I've tried prolific but not keen on uploading my ID so got nowhere with it.

I have always just used ebay- do everything through the app on my phone. I hate people lowballing need with offers too so I set all my listings to auto reject offers under a value I set and auto accept offers over a certain value that I am happy to accept. Make it much easier and you don’t have loads of notifications you have to respond to.

Ebay definitely has its downsides though - they are terrible in terms of looking after sellers - buyers have a money back guarantee no questions asked which can be super frustrating. I once sold a ted baker dress and after 2 weeks the buyer wanted to return it - because of the EBAY policy I had to accept it - when I got it back it stank of smoke and BO and I ended up having to get it dry cleaned before I could relist it. it doesn’t happen often but it does happen. It used to really get to me but when you just accept it’s one of those things it’s not so bad. I’m only saying this to let you know that I don’t think any of the reselling sites will be perfect they all have pros and cons but for me ebay has the biggest reach in terms of the number of people on the site so I just went with it and I guess depop and vinted weren’t as popular when I started back in 2016 either.

do you sell your plants online? I don’t know anything about plants - this is so interesting to me.
No, just my local area. I'm very green-fingered and can make dead plants thrive. My daughter tries everything and just kills hers.

Has anyone else tried VoxPopme? It’s a survey app where you get sent surveys and then upload little videos chatting for around 20 secs - I saw a lady I follow on Instagram chatting about it so I tried it and I made about £3 chatting about Tortillas on the first day! I did one survey then they just kept sending me more!
It seems that you get about 25p-60p per video and can cash out when you get to £10.

No, just my local area. I'm very green-fingered and can make dead plants thrive. My daughter tries everything and just kills hers.
That’s amazing you can make so much especially just selling locally!

Yeap I can relate to your daughter - I can just about keep a cactus alive 😂 I may need to start another thread to get some green-finger tips from you.

I joined Prolific in August after seeing it on this thread - have earned £212 so far, so an extra £30 or so a month. Some only pay £0.50 or so but it all adds up, definitely worth it, Monday seems to be a day a lot of surveys are uploaded btw! And if you can join any ones that are in stages (you do the initial survey and then part 2 might be a week later and part 3 a month later), these usually pay a bit more. The best paid (and easiest) one I did was a daily meat intake survey for around 2 weeks, literally took 2 minutes a day and got paid £15 for that one! :)

What app do you use for your receipts? That sounds like easy money! Going to look at surveys too!

I dip in and out of survey sites too for a little bit extra and use an app to snap my receipts for money too - I get a fiver every 2-3 months on that. Not a lot but it literally takes me about 5 seconds each time I have a receipt so it’s worth it to me.

Hubby did really well on matched betting a couple of years ago but ended up blacklisted because he played the game too well 😂😂😂 he was pissed but I said he should take it as a compliment really.