Early and forgotten British celebs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd completely forgotten Yootha was in that film! It's been ages since I've seen it.

Reactions: 3
She played Marlon Brandon's love interest in Guys and Dolls

Reactions: 4
I just popped on to say, it begins and ends with Margaret Rutherford for me

This was posted in a Facebook group I belong to.

Reactions: 5
Jenny was a presenter on Magpie. You were either a Blue peter or Magpie fan I was a Magpie fan it was blue Peter wearing biker boots.
Hated Blue Peter. except for John Noakes
THE Jenny Hanley is a member of a Facebook group I'm in, I think it's a Children's TV nostalgia group.

Reactions: 7
I saw The Pumkin Eater last year on telly. If it's the same one you mention it starred Anne Bancroft I'm sure

She’s in it for less than five minutes but it’s a completely scene stealing performance. The switch from vulnerable to menacing and back again demonstrates what an extraordinary actress she was.

Reactions: 16
Remember the actress Dame Flora Robson?I always liked her.
Yes she's in one of the Margaret Rutherford Marples and could also be menacing too.

This reminds me of see if I can find a book I think I still have called Dames of the Theatre. It covered a number of early to mid 20th century addresses.

Reactions: 2
Yes she's in one of the Margaret Rutherford Marples and could also be menacing too.

This reminds me of see if I can find a book I think I still have called Dames of the Theatre. It covered a number of early to mid 20th century addresses.
Awwww Thanks Lucy,another idea to get a book.

I remember the film where she starred as Queen Elizabeth 1st.

Good grief,Looks like your book is worth something,price of it.That’s on Amazon

cheaper copies on Abe Books.

Last edited:
Has anyone read Noel Coward's diaries?

Reactions: 2
Awwww Thanks Lucy,another idea to get a book.

I remember the film where she starred as Queen Elizabeth 1st.

Good grief,Looks like your book is worth something,price of it.That’s on Amazon

cheaper copies on Abe Books.
Some quite old books are really pricey on there, I picked it up in a charity shop a few years ago.

Has anyone read Noel Coward's diaries?
Oh those sound interesting, packed with all manner of people, I bet. NC doesn't come across well in that snippet.

Reactions: 1
I bought Cecil Beaton diaries on eBay. Big thick books. I read the latter half first (it was published first) and still have the first part of his life to read. He could be very witty/bitchy too.

She was on Doctor Who as well? I Googled to be sure she was who I thought she was. I thought she very attractive when younger, though I was a child at the time of seeing her on TV.

NC Diaries,expensive on Amazon,will look on Abe Books.
Are you ok with used? Paperback good condition for £8. It's a big book 700+ pages. I tried to add link but deleted it, maybe it's not allowed? The one I found is on Amazon "The Noel Coward Diaries Paperback – 7 Dec. 2000"

@Dollylovesshoes

Edit: Found it even cheaper on Amazon for £1.67. Used, very good. The Noel Coward Diaries Paperback – 17 Aug. 2000

Last edited:
She was on Doctor Who as well? I Googled to be sure she was who I thought she was. I thought she very attractive when younger, though I was a child at the time of seeing her on TV.
She played The Rani (another Timelord) in Doctor Who, and was gearing up for a return on the audio adventures when she fell very ill and passed away.

However before she had died, she had told the producers to go ahead with a new Rani.