Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
My mum needed a new vacuum recently and was looking at a Dyson, but she eventually went for the Shark Anti Hair Wrap. Does the same job and is pretty powerful, it gets the cat fur out of the carpet. My cousin has a Dyson but she says she knows she paid more for the Dyson name.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Save your money. I love my hairdryer but so unimpressed with this. I have thick wavy hair and it a a right faff. You have to keep changing the barrels as you curl and they hold on my hair for less time than it takes to do it. It definitely isn’t as easy as they make it look.

If I use the brush attachment I still have to straighten my hair afterwards. @yankydoo if you want to get into the root you’ll have to use the brush attachment on that first then switch to the barrels if you want to curl.

Was so disappointed as had high hopes for it

Reactions: 7

Dipdab

VIP Member
I don’t have the airwrap but I do have the dyson hairdryer and I LOVE IT!! I have very long thick hair and it cut the drying time in half. My hair also feels healthier with less heat and isn’t frizzy anymore.

Reactions: 6

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Looking for honest opinions on the Dyson Airwrap because the reviews I've read are all from people who were clearly gifted 🥴 I recently turned 30 and wanted to buy myself something nice. I'm not really into shoes or bags (not like we're going anywhere either) but always had my eye on the Airwrap.

I know it's pricey but cost aside, is it truly that good? If you have one, do you find that you get a lot of use out of it?

Reactions: 5

Twentyonelj

Girls I can honestly say, for someone who has long fine thick hair that wouldn’t usually hold a curl, this is a godsend. It does take some time to get used to but once you get there you won’t go back. If you want the tighter curl that a ghd would give the 20mm barrel is the best. You look crazy in the beginning but it’s SO important to cool your hair down with the setting and leave the hair set for a good 30 minutes or longer before sweeping through with your hands or brush. Also, as someone previously said, it’s down to product too. You can’t use conditioner often as it simply won’t hold a curl, but I swear by the L’Oréal tecni art pli spray. I’d get a good 4 days with this and the dyson! Also I’ve found that if you leave your hair slightly more damp and literally only dry your roots that the curls hold way better. I was so skeptical but genuinely a good purchase for me.

HotGoss1

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson Airwrap!! If your hair holds a curl/blow dry it’s perfect! Some people say it doesn’t work and I think that’s true for very straight or coarse hair but mine holds all day 🤩

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Love mine. My hair doesn't hold a curl very well but it does with the airwrap as long as my hair is still pretty damp when I start. I can go from soaked hair to styled within 20 mins or so and my hair is waist length and pretty thick! Took ages to get good at it but I couldn't be without it now.

Reactions: 4

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
If your hair holds a curl/wave and volume well then yes. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother 🙈
I've heard a few people say this. My hair is fine (but there's a lot of it) so curls and blowdrys sadly don't last. I think I'd be better upgrading my 10 year old GHDs or hairdryer 🤔

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I have a dyson hairdryer and I love it purely because it doesn't sound like a plane taking off, light to use and dries my hair in half the time. Hair is in much better condition too. for curls, I have one of those BaByliss secret curls and they are brilliant too, my mum got it for me for christmas and i can actually curl my hair now without burning my ears/hands and it takes about 20 mins to do the full head. No faffing around :)

• Heart

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
I would also like to know if it’s worth it! Also if anyone would recommend the Dyson Corale straightners?

Reactions: 3

grumpycat

VIP Member
I have the dyson straighteners - they’re good but they are heavy. It’s handy then being able to be cordless and I feel like my hair keeps a wave much better. They have a fancy thing to discharge the battery for flying too which is good (albeit pointless in current life 😂)
I don’t know if they’re better than GHD’s or cloud 9 - mine were a gift but I don’t think I would purchase them myself. I definitely don’t pull any hair with them, my last GHD’s used to catch hair alllll the time, and there is deffo no ‘line’ where you start your hair IYKWIM

Laurst

VIP Member
I have an air wrap, and have to say that the condition of my hair has improved drastically. I have fine but wavy hair, and the smoothing brush is fantastic. I haven't used my straighteners in months, and I love it.

Yolo_polo

I wouldn’t recommend this if your hair doesn’t hold a curl. I have fine hair but a lot of it I tried mousse, blow dry lotion, lotta body spray, hairspray and nothing worked I ended up selling it on gumtree. The final straw was after watching YouTube tutorials and buying some new products I spent over an hour doing my hair sweat absolutely peeing out me and the curls had fallen out before I left the house! So annoying! I did love the round volume brush though that was amazing!
Should add I have naturally straight hair and bought it to give myself curly blow dry’s.

Last edited:

CherryAcid

VIP Member
If youre unsure QVC offers payment in installments so if you dont like it you can easily send it back. I toy with getting one all the time but unsure if I would use it enough.

Kindred_

VIP Member
Hi, can I ask if you are in UK, where did you get airwrap? I've been waiting for months for the Dyson website to email me as it's been out of stock for ages, thank you.
QVC!
im returning mine ☹ Absolutely gutted but it just doesn’t work for me! Fine hair girls this isn’t for you ☹☹

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I‘ve had the airwrap for a few years and I absolutely love it, I’ve got long hair so I ended up buying the larger barrels and the smaller brush last year. I use ghd curl spray which seems to help the curls last and the next day I’ve usually still got a nice wave. I got the corrale for Christmas it’s handy for a “quick fix” (when I tie my hair up I always end up with strange creases) but if I’m honest I don‘t feel it’s any better than my corded cloud 9’s I find it quite clunky but it is handy being able to put it on without messing around with the cable. Think Cloud 9 are also bringing out a cordless straightener so maybe theirs will be better.
Cloud 9 one is out...£350...be interested to here some reviews from people

Marie20w0

I have it and the curls do fall out with me but I still like what I'm left with once it has fallen out as it is still somewhat curly at the ends. It works very well in my sisters hair as hers holds the curls well. If you know anybody with it, I would recommend borrowing and trying and if not, looking into the money back guarantee that the above poster has mentioned.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I have the Dyson hairdryer which is incredible! I got it for Christmas from my mum a few years ago (a total surprise! :love:) and would never look back.

I really fancy the Airwrap as well, but is it mad to have both..? Even though the hairdryer obviously doesn't have the features the Airwrap does. It's so expensive! I have the Babyliss curl secret which is absolutely lovely, great results that last a couple of days, but it takes quite a while. Hmmm what to do!
I have both, I got the hairdryer when it first came out and then the Airwrap a couple of years later when that appeared.

I have thick, coarse, wavy, curly, frizzy hair 🥴with a life of its own. Pre-Dyson products I would need at least an hour to style my hair, now it can be dry in 15-20 mins. The hair dryer is amazing but I don’t think you need both, the Air Wrap pretty much does everything except diffuse. I love the brush extension which can give me a pretty smooth blow dry. I bought the barrel extension recently and that’s good too.
I do struggle with knowing which barrel goes in which direction so if anyone can help please do! Also I toyed with the idea of the straighteners but they just look cumbersome.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I got one for my birthday in October, I got the complete set so it has all the detatchable heads. It's amazing! I find it makes my hair feel SO much smoother than my GHD hairdryer does when I just use it on the dryer attachment. I also like the round brush attachment for a bit of volume. as other's have said, if your hair doesn't hold a curl you may not like it so much. It took a few days of getting used to with the curling attachments but once you've got the hang of it it's great

ggukxo

Chatty Member
honestly wouldn’t recommend the airwrap. The curls never seem to stay even after using mousse and hairspray. It’s totally not worth the money

the only positive I can give Is that my hair feels healthier after using the hairdryer attachment compared to a normal hairdryer

• Heart