Dyson Airwrap - worth it?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking for honest opinions on the Dyson Airwrap because the reviews I've read are all from people who were clearly gifted 🥴 I recently turned 30 and wanted to buy myself something nice. I'm not really into shoes or bags (not like we're going anywhere either) but always had my eye on the Airwrap.

I know it's pricey but cost aside, is it truly that good? If you have one, do you find that you get a lot of use out of it?

Reactions: 5
I don’t have one myself personally but out of everyone I’ve spoken to I’ve only heard good things!

I work with 2 guys and they bought their wives the set with the different detachable heads in it for Christmas and they say their wives love them! I get the impression they do take a bit of practice but I have heard good reviews. Is there anywhere they do money back guarantees? Maybe worth looking to see but other than that, treat yourself!😆💁🏼‍♀️ xx

Reactions: 1
I would also like to know if it’s worth it! Also if anyone would recommend the Dyson Corale straightners?

Reactions: 3
I don’t have the airwrap but I do have the dyson hairdryer and I LOVE IT!! I have very long thick hair and it cut the drying time in half. My hair also feels healthier with less heat and isn’t frizzy anymore.

Reactions: 6
My mum needed a new vacuum recently and was looking at a Dyson, but she eventually went for the Shark Anti Hair Wrap. Does the same job and is pretty powerful, it gets the cat fur out of the carpet. My cousin has a Dyson but she says she knows she paid more for the Dyson name.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson Airwrap!! If your hair holds a curl/blow dry it’s perfect! Some people say it doesn’t work and I think that’s true for very straight or coarse hair but mine holds all day 🤩

Reactions: 5
If your hair holds a curl/wave and volume well then yes. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother 🙈

Reactions: 2
If your hair holds a curl/wave and volume well then yes. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother 🙈
I've heard a few people say this. My hair is fine (but there's a lot of it) so curls and blowdrys sadly don't last. I think I'd be better upgrading my 10 year old GHDs or hairdryer 🤔

Reactions: 4
I've heard a few people say this. My hair is fine (but there's a lot of it) so curls and blowdrys sadly don't last. I think I'd be better upgrading my 10 year old GHDs or hairdryer 🤔
I think I seen somewhere that there is a money back guarantee if you order direct from dyson? Might be worth looking into, at least then you could try it out to see if it works for you and if not you could and sit back. If your hair doesn’t hold a curl though I’d say it wouldn’t be worth it especially when you think the price 🙈

That could be an idea 😀 I really do love my dyson hairdryer 😀

I have it and the curls do fall out with me but I still like what I'm left with once it has fallen out as it is still somewhat curly at the ends. It works very well in my sisters hair as hers holds the curls well. If you know anybody with it, I would recommend borrowing and trying and if not, looking into the money back guarantee that the above poster has mentioned.

I like it, but with the curling if I've not used in a while I'm no good at it 😂 there are other attachments for it that make the hair lovely, I use them more often.

I have a question for those with air wraps. Can you get it close to the root of your hair? I’m tempted to get one too but need something which will smooth out and de-frizz my roots. Thanks!

Save your money. I love my hairdryer but so unimpressed with this. I have thick wavy hair and it a a right faff. You have to keep changing the barrels as you curl and they hold on my hair for less time than it takes to do it. It definitely isn’t as easy as they make it look.

If I use the brush attachment I still have to straighten my hair afterwards. @yankydoo if you want to get into the root you’ll have to use the brush attachment on that first then switch to the barrels if you want to curl.

Was so disappointed as had high hopes for it

Reactions: 7
My husband bought me one for Christmas as a surprise and I absolutely love it. I find the curls last as long as you use products that will hold them.

I love mine! I have bum length, thick, wavy hair and I think it's great, the brush straightens out my hair enough to only go around my face with my straighteners. Have only tried the curlers a few times but my hair doesn't hold a curl anyway so not so bothered about that.

I love it just because I would never blowdry my hair otherwise - I tend to do heatless style to try and protect it. I find using a dressing gown belt on damp hair works better than the curl attachment on the Dyson tbh. Only use it to dry/straighten!

So worth it! For many years I could only get away with washing my hair every other day but now I have the airwrap, I can go about 4/5 days. That might not be a lot to most people but my hair is heavily bleached and oily at the root x

So worth it! For many years I could only get away with washing my hair every other day but now I have the airwrap, I can go about 4/5 days. That might not be a lot to most people but my hair is heavily bleached and oily at the root x
Wow that's really good. I can only do every other day as well at a push so that's good to hear!

Mine arrived yesterday after eyeing it up for ages! It definitely takes some practice to curl but I really like the hairdryer..it feels more gentle than the ghd hairdryer I’ve used for the last few years. I bought directly from Dyson & have 35 days to have a play before deciding if I want to return it.

I have the dyson straighteners - they’re good but they are heavy. It’s handy then being able to be cordless and I feel like my hair keeps a wave much better. They have a fancy thing to discharge the battery for flying too which is good (albeit pointless in current life 😂)
I don’t know if they’re better than GHD’s or cloud 9 - mine were a gift but I don’t think I would purchase them myself. I definitely don’t pull any hair with them, my last GHD’s used to catch hair alllll the time, and there is deffo no ‘line’ where you start your hair IYKWIM

Reactions: 3