Dyson Airwrap reviews uk 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had one since it was released and to be honest it takes forever to do my hair with it so I only use it as a hairdryer. I was bored the other day and decided to curl my hair with it as I haven't done that in well over a year. I got bored halfway through. It takes so long! I do have a lot of hair.

I have one and personally love it. It takes some getting used to and i think you need to find your own technique with it, if that makes sense? As I know friends that have a completely different method with it. But for me the curls hold all day and there’s a still a lot of bounce the next day. I have very thick, poker straight hair.

I’m not sure where you’re based but there’s a store on Oxford Street in London that you can book for a free blow dry with. So they’ll show you how it works and you’ll get an idea of the outcome on your hair. Will help you work out if it’s worth the investment

Reactions: 3
This is my first post 🙈 I normally just lurk on the celebrity gossip threads!! I, like many, spent ages contemplating whether to get the air wrap. I have the Dyson hairdryer and it’s good, but always had to use my ghd’s to straighten my hair afterwards. (I have v long hair, which if I left to dry naturally turns into a big frizzy mess!). I decided to order from QVC when it was a TSV so £50 saving and a 60 day returns policy. I really didn’t expect to love it as much as I do. It does feel like it’s taking a while when I’m curling my hair but in reality because it’s drying and styling at the same time it’s loads quicker. The curls do drop but it ends up looking like natural, healthy, non frizzy, beachy waves that last until I next wash my hair. It’s much quicker if I just use the smoothing brush but I’ve only used that once as I’m loving the curls at the moment. It’s weird as I never curled my hair before and was a slave to the straighteners, having to use them every day to get rid of kinks and frizz! I’m getting up in the morning and not even wanting to brush my hair as the curls/waves look good. Even my husband has commented, saying my hair looks good, (and he doesn’t even notice if I’ve been to the hairdresser and had loads cut off).
Gosh, sorry, first post and it’s like I’ve got verbal diarrhoea 🤣. I’ll shut up now!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve got it. I got the full kit for Christmas.
I’ve got long thick hair (extensions).

Positives:
It’s great for curly blow drying extensions as you pull on them less than you would with a brush.
Curly blow is pretty quick and it will last a long time if you pin it

Negatives:
I find the actual hairdryer itself takes SO much longer to dry hair than a bog standard hairdryer if you’re just drying it straight.
I don’t use the round brush at all - not quite sure why you would use it if you have the curl attachments?
The curl attachments that come in the kit are for short-medium length hair. If you have long hair, you’d be better off buying the additional attachments for long hair (which is just more expense

Reactions: 2
Not sure they're new but does anyone have the Dyson hair straighteners? I've used GHD's for years but not sure if I should try a new brand?

Reactions: 1
My hairdresser got them recently and raves about them. I don’t get my hair straightened but she used them to add wave to my hair and they felt so nice, didn’t drag or anything.

I really fancy them but just can’t justify the expense after buying the airwrap last year.

Yeah they are very expensive. I do have very thick hair and I think my GHD's arent as good as they used to be. I have had them a while though

Yeah they are very expensive. I do have very thick hair and I think my GHD's arent as good as they used to be. I have had them a while though
I straighten my hair most of the year , if left to dry naturally it’s wavy and looks ok , this works in a warm summer but looks shocking in the cooler months😁.

I’d love the straighteners if they’re as good as some say but the cost is eye watering.

I've decided im getting the air wrap, QVC do a payment an installements thing with a 60 day money back so i figure if i dont like it ill just send it back.

Reactions: 5
My air wrap came today....found it relatively straight forward to do curls (I bought the long set) but they dropped after a few hours. Ordered some products to try alongside it but have a 35 day trial with Dyson if I don’t get on with it will send back.

I’m an utter bellend and essentially bought the whole collection so will give my honest opinions on all of them for you:

Supersonic Hairdryer: Bit of a gimmick, don’t really see how it’s any different to any other hairdryer in all honesty it’s just something nice and expensive to have on your dressing table in the background of your selfies. Would definitely say your usual GHD is gonna be better for you, this doesn’t really provide anything especially exciting!

Airwrap: Probably the best of the whole bunch, would recommend this over the Supersonic but still keep your normal hairdryer! I use this every time I wash my hair (after drying it around 70-80% as this is predominant a styler not a hairdryer) it’sa bit fiddly at first but once you’re used to it it saves so much time. I freshen my hair up with it on a morning and it’s super quick and easy! Especially if you want a bouncy blow dry and can’t master holding a hairdryer and a brush at the same time like me

Coralle (Straightener): Super practical and great when you’re on a hurry! They can be used cordless when they’ve charged which is great the cord is magnetic and comes out easily so I always keep them fully charged in the stand that comes with them as that’s super annoying. Very good for straightening quickly as with the moving plates you get away with doing slightly bigger sections and only need to go over it once. Would also recommend for curling, super easy and I find it way more comfortable doing it with these than my GHDs

thank you for attending my TEDtalk xo

Reactions: 7
This is this thread I need although I’m now doubting my choice 😩 I have average hair that is cut in a bob just above my shoulders, I didn’t know wether to get the airwrap or just the dryer?!
my issue is I know I will NEVER use the curling attachments and literally only use to smoothing brush but it does look a bit large? I was set on getting the hairdryer but a few of you say you don’t like it 😩 argh now I don’t know what to buy.

So any advice for people who like their short hair straight? airwrap or just hairdryer?!

I'd say Airwrap because it does give a great salon-esque blow dry, and you still have the - not very powerful - hairdryer element with it too.

I roughly blow dry my hair with it - or in recent lockdown times just let it air dry naturally - then finish off with the smoothing brushes (either) or the round brush to give it a salon style finish.

I love my airwrap. The curls don’t hold for me but curling iron curls don’t hold on my hair either, so that wasn’t a surprise, I rarely curl my hair anyway. I’m someone who used to straighten their hair every morning and I haven’t touched my GHD’s since I got the airwrap (18 months ago!). I dry my hair from wet using the smoothing brushes - they work so well but still give you a bit of of volume My hair feels so much healthier now I don’t use any straightener-level heat on it. I’ve actually bleached my hair since using the airwrap when I’d never coloured my hair before, and it still feels healthier. If your hair isn’t particularly suffering using normal hairdryers and styling tools then it’s probably not worth the money unless you have it to spare, but if you’re looking to improve the health of your hair along with the look then it’s absolutely worth the price

I have thick coarse wavy hair and I like to use the taming smooth brush on the airwrap to dry my hair. Dries nice and quickly and makes it straight but not straightener straight iyswim. It is nice to use and a lot quicker and easier than a normal dryer but not worth the cost in my opinion

I'm in 2 minds about getting this, but worried it will be yet another purchase where I watch a YouTube video and think "I can do that". Only I can't and it will be sitting there unused after 1 attempt.

Do any of you lovely people have very long hair and use this? How do you find it?

I have the hairdryer and am in love with it. Very long and thick (thanks weave) hair and found it dried my hair in half the time it normally took. Because its lighter as well, I don't get the arm ache.

I'm in 2 minds about getting this, but worried it will be yet another purchase where I watch a YouTube video and think "I can do that". Only I can't and it will be sitting there unused after 1 attempt.

Do any of you lovely people have very long hair and use this? How do you find it?

I have the hairdryer and am in love with it. Very long and thick (thanks weave) hair and found it dried my hair in half the time it normally took. Because its lighter as well, I don't get the arm ache.
yeah my hairs pretty long and I adore it. I don’t use it so much for styling reasons though, more for the health of my hair, so depends what you’re looking for. It’s a very good styler but if you already have a good dryer/straightener/curling iron then it’s not worth the money unless you’re looking to use significantly less heat on your hair.

It works great for my long hair though. You’re meant to dry your hair 80%ish first but I don’t, i usually just dry my hair from wet with the smoothing brush and it leaves it pretty much dead straight but without flattening it like straighteners do, and really soft and glossy.

from my own experience/reviews I’ve read the curling bits seem to work great if your hair usually holds a curl, not so much if your hair doesn’t. Mine doesn’t but I still use them occasionally cos it drops pretty quickly into a nice wave. I don’t notice and difference in the time they hold when I use it on damp or dry hair either so it’s handy to add a few waves quickly on dry hair if you don’t have time to style your whole head. the round brush attachment is great for lifting the root on long hair, though I don’t use it all that often as you can get the same effect with the smoothing brush by just drying your hair upside down for a few seconds.

• Heart
I have long, thick hair and takes me ages to use the curling tools on all of my hair. To properly set the curl with the cool air it took, like, 30 seconds each curl to cool down so it took me 90 minutes from wet to fully dry, entire head curled. That's just way too time consuming for me so I've reverted back to using a wand to get the hair kink I want.

• Heart
yeah my hairs pretty long and I adore it. I don’t use it so much for styling reasons though, more for the health of my hair, so depends what you’re looking for. It’s a very good styler but if you already have a good dryer/straightener/curling iron then it’s not worth the money unless you’re looking to use significantly less heat on your hair.

It works great for my long hair though. You’re meant to dry your hair 80%ish first but I don’t, i usually just dry my hair from wet with the smoothing brush and it leaves it pretty much dead straight but without flattening it like straighteners do, and really soft and glossy.

from my own experience/reviews I’ve read the curling bits seem to work great if your hair usually holds a curl, not so much if your hair doesn’t. Mine doesn’t but I still use them occasionally cos it drops pretty quickly into a nice wave. I don’t notice and difference in the time they hold when I use it on damp or dry hair either so it’s handy to add a few waves quickly on dry hair if you don’t have time to style your whole head. the round brush attachment is great for lifting the root on long hair, though I don’t use it all that often as you can get the same effect with the smoothing brush by just drying your hair upside down for a few seconds.
Thank you! I am still tempted....

I have long, thick hair and takes me ages to use the curling tools on all of my hair. To properly set the curl with the cool air it took, like, 30 seconds each curl to cool down so it took me 90 minutes from wet to fully dry, entire head curled. That's just way too time consuming for me so I've reverted back to using a wand to get the hair kink I want.
Ah 90 mins!!!! I'd be bored after 10!! Maybe not so tempted...