Dry Shampoo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies for the not so exciting thread but I’m after dry shampoo recommendations!

As somebody with very oily roots, dry shampoo is a big part of my life. But I’ve never found the right one!!

what I’ve used so far:

Batiste- this is the most effective for me but it makes my scalp itch like crazy and leaves a powdery cast on my skin. Even when I wash it off I’m left feeling like it’s on my hands all day.

Co Lab- I thought I’d found my holy grail with this but I was noticing I needed to use ALOT before it made a difference to my hair. I also (stupidly) flat ironed my hair the day after using co lab and it burnt my hair. My fault but I now can’t bring myself to use it again 😬

Superdrug own brand- picked this up on a whim and it was like hairspray, totally glued my hair together and I couldn’t get my fingers through to rub it in!

Herbal Essence- this was on clearance so I don’t think they make it anymore but I had the same experience as above.

Label M- was coerced into buying this at my hairdressers, I think I remember liking it but used it up really quickly.

Tresemme foam dry shampoo- do they still make this? Does anyone remember it? You put wet mousse foam in your greasy hair and it leaves it sodden with product and worse than before 😂

eager to hear what product I’m missing out on!

This thread is useful for me 😂 I rely on dry shampoo as my hair gets greasy hours after washing it!

I've stuck to Bastiste because it's the only one I know that works. I've tried supermarket own brand ones and they just didn't work. So I'm skeptical to try other brands!

Reactions: 1
I use the brand Girlz Only, they have a range of different ones but I personally use the brunette one as it doesn’t leave me with a white powdery look on my hair! Love it, only brand of dry shampoo I’ll ever buy and it’s quite cheap too.. only like £2 in Tesco 🤷🏽‍♀️

It does contain Argan oil though - just thought I’d add that as I know some people don’t like it!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've tried alot of dry shampoos and the best one I've used is Sainsbury's own brand 'my hair matters' only £1.50 but I would pay more as it's so good!

Reactions: 2
I use the brand Girlz Only, they have a range of different ones but I personally use the brunette one as it doesn’t leave me with a white powdery look on my hair! Love it, only brand of dry shampoo I’ll ever buy and it’s quite cheap too.. only like £2 in Tesco 🤷🏽‍♀️

It does contain Argan oil though - just thought I’d add that as I know some people don’t like it!
This is the one at Tesco? If it is I love it. The coloured ones are fab

Reactions: 6
Aldi used to do a fantastic one and typical of Aldi, discontinued it :rolleyes:

I use one from Lidl that I find very good. I can't remember exactly how much it is, but it's cheap, around £1.50 maybe. I prefer 'California Breeze'.

I don't like Batiste or Colab at all.

*Not my photo

lidl.jpg

Reactions: 2
I read something interesting on the EffinHair account on insta. She said that if you get oily roots, you should spray a bit of dry shampoo in the night that you’ve washed your hair. I think she said it’s because it then prevents your hair from getting oily, rather than using it when your hair is already oily and just trying to cover it up.

My hair is quite flat too so I might give this a go. I use baptiste too but same as you, I find it leaves a coating on my skin!

Reactions: 4
GirlzOnly from tesco is the best. I've tried so many and its great. The brunette one is ace.

Although I try and not use dry shampoo anymore as even though I have greasy hair I found it was making me lose alot of hair! I've read since that dry shampoo can thin hair!

Reactions: 4
I do love the living proof one but the price is too much. I’ve found using olplex shampoo and not putting serum in really helps. I was a daily/every other day washer for years and now I’m twice a week. I also dry shampoo at night and brush my hair to comb the oil away from the roots.

I have been using he bastelle brunett and it’s good so I’m interested to try this Tesco one!

Reactions: 1